Dev 7.0 Nougat ROM Release 3/28/2018 (Discontinued)

Search This thread

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Then how are apps studdering if all are closed? Not being difficult... Just asking... Ok so rules out memory allocation for 2gb variant... Now what have you changed within the rom? Browsing through your posts, You are coming from lineage... and some things were missing that you used, so I ask again what have you changed within the rom...

Well, I am indeed on the .617 firmware, I have the 3gb variant of the A9, Plus during my testing all the apps were closed in the background.

Last edited:

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
No xposed modules etc? If it started after installing an update etc, then possibly an app issue... As I read up until 6 days ago, it appears it was running fine(assuming you were referring and using this ROM)...only way to really find out whats causing it is to start fresh and install apps one at a time to see which app is possibly causing an issue...Just a curious question... Did you reflash the RUU before installing this rom after using lineage? If not that could cause an issue as well... Just flashing firmware would not clear everything out completely from previous software used...

Last edited:

Saad. Mk

Jun 26, 2017
OnePlus 6T
No xposed modules etc? If it started after installing an update etc, then possibly an app issue... As I read up until 6 days ago, it appears it was running fine(assuming you were referring and using this ROM)...only way to really find out whats causing it is to start fresh and install apps one at a time to see which app is possibly causing an issue...Just a curious question... Did you reflash the RUU before installing this rom after using lineage? If not that could cause an issue as well... Just flashing firmware would not clear everything out completely from previous software used...
Well, I didn't flash the RUU, flashed it afyer wiping lineage os, and no, I haven't used xposed at all only magisk.

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
Few I know have had the battery finally just give out... Appreciate the kind words... Maybe in future will see you on another HTC device...
It wasn't the ROM for sure. I even tried stock. The phone would die at 40%. Reboot, 2%. Recalibrated a few times and then it drained fast. Thank God for the insurance. The V30 is a beast. I can go 3 days without a charge.

Reactions: Wonders_Never_Cease
Well, I am indeed on the .617 firmware, I have the 3gb variant of the A9, Plus during my testing all the apps were closed in the background.
I use Snapchat and YouTube very regularly, and the performance has been as expected for me. Are there any specific circumstances that it lags under, or is it all the time?

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

It wasn't the ROM for sure. I even tried stock. The phone would die at 40%. Reboot, 2%. Recalibrated a few times and then it drained fast. Thank God for the insurance. The V30 is a beast. I can go 3 days without a charge.
My A9 is on it's second battery and is still running strong ?
I also have another battery ready if needed!

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
I use Snapchat and YouTube very regularly, and the performance has been as expected for me. Are there any specific circumstances that it lags under, or is it all the time?

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

My A9 is on it's second battery and is still running strong ?
I also have another battery ready if needed!
My deal is that my insurance pulled a Godfather and gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. I had a cracked screen too. I feel cheap and like a slut, but....the V30 is SO sweet.

Reactions: Wonders_Never_Cease

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
Was a rough end of year for me... There isn't much more to update for this device... I kept it going as long as could...

CarinaPDX

Jun 30, 2013
Google Pixel 5a
You might want to reconsider. I changed my plan with the network which required a new SIM card, which initially seemed to work. But then it stopped working in a few hours and by then the old SIM was long gone. The problem appears to be that the old firmware for adapting the phone to the network doesn't know how to use a new SIM card (possibly one that supports 5G but I don't know what the problem is). Without a current firmware version, which is not available, the phone is worthless. It should continue to work with an old SIM but be very careful with using new SIM cards. And just because it seems to work at first is no guarantee - give it a few hours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock tweaked 2.18(Dev,Unlocked)build.. FOR US CONVERTED ATT,EURO AND DEVELOPER DEVICES ONLY IF ON LATEST FIRMWARE (2.18.617.XX)...DO NOT FLASH ON LOWER FIRMWARE OR STOCK EURO DEVICES.. LATEST 2.18.617.XX Firmware Needed....

PLEASE DO NOT USE OR REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION

Nothing fancy just fast,stable and reliable

Build Contains:
    Latest Recovery v.3.2.1-0 (Thank you Captain_Throwback)
    Latest Stock Recovery
    Magisk v.16.3 (Thank you topjohnwu)
    Magisk Manager 5.6.4 (Thank you topjohnwu)

HTC Music/Music Widget
    Sound Tweaks
    Speed Tweaks
    Kernel Tweaks
    Battery Tweaks
    Thermal Tweaks
    Governor Tweaks (Thank you Alcolawl)
    Memory Tweaks
    Minimal Bloat (I'm sure some will want to de-bloat further)
    Camera Tweaks
    HTC 10 Camera
    Passes Safety Net Checks
    Deodex'd (Will NOT accept OTA)
    Logging Disabled
    Latest Busybox Installer v.1.28.1 (Thank you osmosis)

MAIN REGULAR LINK(2-16-RELEASE):
    A9_218_617_56_Final

MAIN TWEAKED LINK(3-28-RELEASE):BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING
    A9_218_617_56_Final_Tweaked

SECONDARY MIRROR/BOTH: (Thanks CSnowRules)
    A9_218_617_56_Final/A9_218_617_56_Final_Tweaked

KNOWN ISSUES... Refer to post 3...
    Changelog:

2-23-2017: Initial Release
    2-27-2017: Fixed build not flashing in some version's of twrp (Thanks Captain_Throwback & CSnowrules)
    3-13-2017: March Security Update
    5-06-2017: April Security Update
    7-26-2017: June Security Update
    9-06-2017: August Security Update
    10-21-2017: Kernel,Memory,Battery,Speed,Thermal System Enhancements
    11-17-2017: November Security Update
    12-24-2017: Tweaked Build Released... (Merry Christmas)
    2-16-2018: Minor kernel,App,Performance Update(Regular Build)
    2-17-2018: v1 Kernel,Memory,Battery,Camera,Performance,Audio System Enhancements(Tweaked Build)
    2-28-2018: v2 Kernel,Memory,Battery,Governor,Camera,Performance,Audio System Enhancements(Tweaked Build)
    3-28-2018: v3 Too many different things changed... You let me know... :0P
    Can confirm the update is live...got notification on my device

Awesome. I'm on cm 13 currently but if you make a zip and need a lab rat to test it's compatibility with the current recovery / boot patcher I'll gladly do it. That's for your work
    Well, TWRP doesn't boot for me after taking the Nougat OTA. Building a new one now. Hopefully decryption magically works too, but that's a longshot.
    Few bugs to work out yet... but we have a booting 7.1.2 build... :0P
    ROM will be updated to latest build once RUU becomes available for those who care