[DEV][ADDON]Lastest Bash for android

Search This thread

3lo0sh

May 19, 2014
Baghdad

Bash 4.3.46 for Android
Safe from Shellshock

All right guys im just going to keep this real nice and simple. Purpose of thread:
I compiled this binary from source and patched it get safe from ShellShock bug. It's compiled using arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain from Linaro (CFLAGS = "-g -Ofast -static -pipe")

[*]You Should Now Have Bash
[*]To run it just type in termial "bash" or "bash --login" if you want to load /etc/profile

Download Link
Click The Text To Download
Shellshock Test (thanks to ronaldteune)
Code:
busybox mount -o remount,rw /
busybox ln -s /system/xbin /bin
# download from browser https://shellshocker.net/shellshock_test.sh and place it in /data
busybox chmod 777 /data/shellshock_test.sh
/data/shellshock_test.sh
rm -f /data/shellshock_test.sh
busybox rm /bin
busybox mount -o remount,ro /

Thanks For Reading :good:
P.S.#1 Bash binary always be updated
P.S.#2 to mount system rw run from terminal
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
P.S.#3 if you don't have root put it in /data/local/bin and add it to your PATH

Last edited:

Joshmccullough

Apr 24, 2011

Bash 4.3.30 for Android
Safe from Shellshock

All right guys im just going to keep this real nice and simple. Purpose of thread:
I compiled this binary from source and patched it get safe from ShellShock bug. It's compiled using arm-none-linux-gnueabi toolchain from Mentor Graphics

How To Use:
  1. Download the binary and put it into /system/xbin ( you should mount your system part (r/w)
  2. know run from terminal "chmod 777 /system/xbin/bash"
  3. You Should Now Have Bash
  4. To run it just type in termial "bash" or "bash --login" if you want to load /etc/profile

Download Link

P.S. Bash binary always be updated

I'm trying to mount my /system using the following commands in Terminal Emulator:
su
mount -rw /system

When I try and type the chmod line above, I keep getting the message:

Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory

What am I doing wrong to mount the /system file in order to perform the chmod command? I've also used ~/system, same result.....it's probably something super simple, but I'm flummoxed. Any assist would be appreciated, thanks!

3lo0sh

May 19, 2014
Baghdad
I'm trying to mount my /system using the following commands in Terminal Emulator:
su
mount -rw /system

What am I doing wrong to mount the /system file in order to perform the chmod command? I've also used ~/system, same result.....it's probably something super simple, but I'm flummoxed. Any assist would be appreciated, thanks!

The currect syntax is
?

SVR

May 29, 2014
Rajahmundry
@3lo0sh Getting an error like this 'unable to chmod 777 /system/xbin/bash: Read-only file system. Where i am wrong?
EDIT:- I'm sorry for that. After typing this 'mount -o remount,rw /system' command in terminal I am not getting the above error but when i issue bash command this error returns 'bash: precmd: command not found. Herewith attaching screenshot

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,087
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bash 4.3.46 for Android
    Safe from Shellshock

I compiled this binary from source and patched it get safe from ShellShock bug. It's compiled using arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain from Linaro (CFLAGS = "-g -Ofast -static -pipe")

[*]You Should Now Have Bash
    [*]To run it just type in termial "bash" or "bash --login" if you want to load /etc/profile

Download Link
    Shellshock Test (thanks to ronaldteune)
    Code:
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /
    busybox ln -s /system/xbin /bin
    # download from browser https://shellshocker.net/shellshock_test.sh and place it in /data
    busybox chmod 777 /data/shellshock_test.sh
    /data/shellshock_test.sh
    rm -f /data/shellshock_test.sh
    busybox rm /bin
    busybox mount -o remount,ro /

P.S.#1 Bash binary always be updated
    P.S.#2 to mount system rw run from terminal
    Code:
    P.S.#3 if you don't have root put it in /data/local/bin and add it to your PATH
    I found and pulled from the NanoMod installer package (credits to its makers, not me) a compiled build of the latest Bash 4.4 binary, and replaced the previous in a flashable zip, I hope it works for you all

Bash 4.3.30 for Android
    Safe from Shellshock

I compiled this binary from source and patched it get safe from ShellShock bug. It's compiled using arm-none-linux-gnueabi toolchain from Mentor Graphics

How To Use:
    1. Download the binary and put it into /system/xbin ( you should mount your system part (r/w)
    2. know run from terminal "chmod 777 /system/xbin/bash"
    3. You Should Now Have Bash
    4. To run it just type in termial "bash" or "bash --login" if you want to load /etc/profile

Download Link

P.S. Bash binary always be updated

su
    mount -rw /system

Use this script
    https://github.com/hannob/bashcheck/blob/master/bashcheck
    (Just copy and paste the code into a text file and put it on your phone - i. e. in /data/local/bashcheck or somewhere else)

from this site
    https://github.com/hannob/bashcheck

You must change the first line in the script
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    to the location where you put the patched bash on your phone. - This should be the original location (and file name) of the old bash . - Example:

if You put your new bash into /system/xbin/ you have to changed the line to
    Code:
    #!/system/xbin/bash
    To run the script bashcheck open a shell
    Code:
    adb shell
    (or a Terminal app on the phone)

and run it from there with
    Code:
    . /data/local/bashcheck
    (Type a space between the leading dot "." and the slash "/")

How to check the vulnerability in terminal ? I wish a similar command as below on android to test this bug :
    env X="() { :;} ; echo you might be vulnerable" /bin/bash -c "echo hello"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone