[DEV] AndroidLib - .NET Android Device Communication and Management Library 01.20.13

Search This thread

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Description:
AndroidLib is a .NET assembly written in C# (C-Sharp) that easily handles communication between a connected Android device and your program. Currently, there is a large amount of automated controls, eliminating thousands of lines of code the programmer has to write themselves. The class AndroidController is a semi-wrapper of the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) binary. The other class you will be working with the most is the Device class. This class contains useful information about the device (for example: software/hardware info, memory info, battery stats, mount points for partitions, root status, busybox information, and much more), as well as exposes many instance methods to control your phone such as Rebooting, Mounting Filesystems, Push/Pull/Install Files, and much more to come. AndroidLib contains all of the Android binaries necessary to work properly. AndroidLib also assumes that the phone's USB drivers are already installed correctly on the target machine, or that your program will take care of it on it's own.

This is perfect for any developer who would like to create, for example, an auto-rooter or any other application that needs to connect with Android devices through a .NET application. AndroidLib provides all the methods needed to communicate with the Android device. This will cut back on the code you have to come up with and write yourself by a HUGE amount!

What it does:
  • Provides easy-to-use code for communicating with Android devices in .NET
  • Provides easy access to information about the connected Android devices
  • Has a large list (and growing...!) of methods that control connected Android devices
Please credit the work here by me in your own projects; not only to give thanks to me and the many hours I am putting in to this project, but so others know where to find it if they need to!

Usage:
Add a reference to AndroidLib.dll in your .NET project and begin using this great API. Please refer to the "Getting Started.txt" guide and full documentation included in the zip.

Requirements:
.NET 3.5 or Higher

Changelog (Only most recent version displayed, full Changelog in download)
Version 1.5.1.0 | 01.21.13
  • Fixed Device.InstallApk() bug

Download Latest Release
GitHub
Online Documentation

Sample Solutions Using AndroidLib:
C# (C Sharp)
Visual Basic (VB)

Last edited:

TearsDontFalls

Sep 28, 2011
It's very useful, thank you very much, im planning to code a Filemanager like qtadb, because qtadb is sucking too often

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
It would be great!
Can you add something like adb forward? So we can connect to an android service without using ADB, that as we all know sucks!:D
Yeah, I'll throw in a method to create a port forward. What I have now uses the bridge, which is included in the assembly, but handles all of it silently and very well. I should have a build out soon (most likely this weekend). As long as you don't dispose the AndroidController object, that port forward will be good, so you can use your own Socket code

Last edited:

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
Yeah, I'll throw in a method to create a port forward. What I have now uses the bridge, which is included in the assembly, but handles all of it silently and very well. I should have a build out soon (most likely this weekend). As long as you don't dispose the AndroidController object, that port forward will be good, so you can use your own Socket code

Great work! really, great idea!:D

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Ok everyone, the new documentation is up (Online) (Offline). For the beginning of this product, I would like developers to pm me, or reply here in the thread if they would like to try the library out for their project, and I'll send it to them. It's still under development, and there will be updates coming out regularly. Shoot me a pm or post here and I'll send you a link right away.

Reactions: Johrans and Mrc527

Mrc527

Mar 28, 2011
Milan
www.kernel-xp.net
Ok everyone, the new documentation is up (Online) (Offline). For the beginning of this product, I would like developers to pm me, or reply here in the thread if they would like to try the library out for their project, and I'll send it to them. It's still under development, and there will be updates coming out regularly. Shoot me a pm or post here and I'll send you a link right away.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:D

Strict

Feb 6, 2009
Almada
Hi,

I'm C# developer and i would like to try your lib, can you send it please?

Thanks in advance, and great work.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Hey guys, check the first post to download the library. It is in a zip which includes the dll, "Getting Started.txt" and the documentation. Please read the getting started guide before diving into it! And please give me feedback on it. That would be much appreciated in order for me to deliver a better product.

Dan

Reactions: Ferel94 and Mrc527

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Next update will have these features internally implemented:

• Package Manager (inside the phone's shell)
  • Ability to install/uninstall apks
  • Ability to freeze/unfreeze apks
  • Ability to backup/restore apks
  • A class that will handle signing of update zips
  • More internal information about connected device (cpu, environment, etc)
  • Possible wrapper of AAPT
That seems like a good amount for the next update. Please post anything you wish to share about the library after using it for these few days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    AndroidLib is a .NET assembly written in C# (C-Sharp) that easily handles communication between a connected Android device and your program. Currently, there is a large amount of automated controls, eliminating thousands of lines of code the programmer has to write themselves. The class AndroidController is a semi-wrapper of the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) binary. The other class you will be working with the most is the Device class. This class contains useful information about the device (for example: software/hardware info, memory info, battery stats, mount points for partitions, root status, busybox information, and much more), as well as exposes many instance methods to control your phone such as Rebooting, Mounting Filesystems, Push/Pull/Install Files, and much more to come. AndroidLib contains all of the Android binaries necessary to work properly. AndroidLib also assumes that the phone's USB drivers are already installed correctly on the target machine, or that your program will take care of it on it's own.

This is perfect for any developer who would like to create, for example, an auto-rooter or any other application that needs to connect with Android devices through a .NET application. AndroidLib provides all the methods needed to communicate with the Android device. This will cut back on the code you have to come up with and write yourself by a HUGE amount!

What it does:
    • Provides easy-to-use code for communicating with Android devices in .NET
    • Provides easy access to information about the connected Android devices
    • Has a large list (and growing...!) of methods that control connected Android devices
    Please credit the work here by me in your own projects; not only to give thanks to me and the many hours I am putting in to this project, but so others know where to find it if they need to!

Usage:
    Add a reference to AndroidLib.dll in your .NET project and begin using this great API. Please refer to the "Getting Started.txt" guide and full documentation included in the zip.

Requirements:
    .NET 3.5 or Higher

Changelog (Only most recent version displayed, full Changelog in download)
    Version 1.5.1.0 | 01.21.13
    • Fixed Device.InstallApk() bug

Download Latest Release
    GitHub
    Online Documentation

Sample Solutions Using AndroidLib:
    C# (C Sharp)
    Visual Basic (VB)
    AndroidLib Featured Projects by XDA Users:

• RegawMOD Evo 4G LTE Rooter - XDA
    • RegawMOD CDMA Hero Rooter - XDA
    • RegawMOD Rebooter - XDA
    • Droid Manager by DeepUnknown - XDA - Google
    • Android SMS - XDA - Home Page
    • Quick ADB Pusher by Goatshocker - XDA
    reserved just in case ;)
    Updated AndroidLib to 1.5.0.0 :D

• Added Device.FastbootReboot()
    • Added Device.PushFile()
    • Fixed All Reboot Bugs
    • Added Locking for better thread safety
    • Removed unneeded dependencies
    It would be great!
    Can you add something like adb forward? So we can connect to an android service without using ADB, that as we all know sucks!:D