[Dev]AOSP/CM Porting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AFTERSHOCKCHINA

Aug 30, 2010
On day D+1, I should first thank my wife for buying me an S6 for my birthday in September. She knew I was working on gralloc and there would be results...

Short status update from today: fixed gralloc usage for camera. So in stock TW...
- Camera preview: working
- Camera take picture: working, picture shown ok in Gallery
- Camera record video: working, video played back ok in Gallery

So I can now begin setting up NamelessRom for S6. ;-P
greatjob great wife dude.but, you mean stock android insted of stock tw,right?

来自我的 SM-N920C 上的 Tapatalk

Skreedi

May 4, 2011
Screen is fixed, camera is working that means that from now on it's the usual stuff like Bluetooth, RIL and so on or something else needs to be fixed before "classic" work?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

ChriZer

Oct 30, 2011
How should we donate to tdcfpp? Via the link in his profile, or is there another link where we can donate directly to him?

Reactions: nadejo

Xileforce

Feb 27, 2012
Which GIT repositories are we using here. I'll try to contribute where I can, but I can only find the ones in OP and arters.

I'd also be interested in knowing this. Originally I was building with the one I've linked in the op, but I'm not entirely sure what everyone is using now. Ik arter said he was basing on raymans sources at some point though. And seeing as I've completely screwed up my repo, its time to start over xD

Reactions: gianton and crobo

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
I'd also be interested in knowing this. Originally I was building with the one I've linked in the op, but I'm not entirely sure what everyone is using now. Ik arter said he was basing on raymans sources at some point though. And seeing as I've completely screwed up my repo, its time to start over xD

Yeah I tried using the ones in the OP but I can tell that they are outdated now. I will need to fix up my local_manifests. I'm also trying to figure out the directory structure for the platform_hardware_samsung as I'm getting build errors with libdisplay and such. I can't remember what I am stuck on most recently. Been busy with work.

Once I get back to it I can figure it out hopefully. Just hope someone can post the GIT repositories that are being used.

Edit: also can a moderator please clean the thread again. I know people are excited, but its really bugging me all the people who are simply saying thanks in a developer thread.

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
As another "behind the scenes" developer on the S6 (bringing up the I variant), I commend you guys on your amazing progress. Eagerly awaiting the full-scale explosion of S6 hacking in the coming weeks.

Reactions: josip-k and nadejo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On day D+1, I should first thank my wife for buying me an S6 for my birthday in September. She knew I was working on gralloc and there would be results...

Short status update from today: fixed gralloc usage for camera. So in stock TW...
    - Camera preview: working
    - Camera take picture: working, picture shown ok in Gallery
    - Camera record video: working, video played back ok in Gallery

So I can now begin setting up NamelessRom for S6. ;-P
    Short status update:

I finished implementation of fb setup, fb_post() and blank() functions. But I cannot continue testing it on TW since I need to remove hwc in order to check fb posting. Without hwc, TW enters into bootloop because of missing hwcservice.

I sent arter97 the compiled blobs and he is the first person that has seen CM booting on a s6.
    Next step is to learn how to dual boot my s6. Camera is still open.

:D
    https://youtu.be/fv0I45HtgtQ
    I'm gonna address the big elephant in the room here.
    I'd hate to say this, but since money is involved with this(donations and bounties), we need to get our priorities straight because I've seen dozens of other projects gone wrong just over with the money stuffs.

At the moment, the S6 CM project(at least the one I'm involved with) is mostly contributed by @tdcfpp and @RaymanFX(with his work on Note 4, Exynos 5433).
    (I'm just helping next to tdcfpp with multibooting, building kernel with debug logs enabled and getting the initial device tree ready.)
    So anyone willing to donate to this whole project, should donate to those 2 people.
    Also let me add, @tdcfpp is working his a** off over getting gralloc to working properly and because his weeks of coding and development, we're near to see the home screen of CyanogenMod.
    If I were you, I will not hesitate to go donate to him.

And as the project grows, devs who're going to fix the next big thing(Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Audio, Sensors, Camera, Call/SMS/data, GPS and a lot more) should be the ones getting the donations.
    (I may be the one of those devs, or not.)
    There are many cases where major contributors are actually very quiet over at the forum. We'll do our best to mention those devs in the OP, encouraging users to donate to them directly.
    Developers and contributors should be getting the most donations, not the ROM builder, Git repositories administrator or the OP.
    And DO NOT open any CM related threads yourself without discussing with the devs. Doing so is the fastest way to get devs to turn on you.

Plus, I expect some other very, very talented devs such as @sktjdgns1189, who brought Cyanogen Recovery to the S6, to contribute in getting a lot of other stuffs like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Audio, Sensors, RIL.

Future is not as bright as some Snapdragon equipped phones out there, but it's not completely dark.
    Let's cross our fingers :)
    In the interest of keeping this topic easy to follow, lets keep the posts developer/development related. Off topic posts and questions will likely be reported. Warning From A Moderator: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=64117749

Hello everyone,
    This thread is for discussing, and furthering the development of aosp/cm for our devices. I and most others believe it is in the best interest of getting the port done if we all collaborate on it. I will try to update this op and post relevant information as it becomes available.
    Cheers!

CM13 Working Repo

https://github.com/7420dev

Current Goals: Listed In Order Of Priority
    1.) Fixing The Various Drivers(camera,etc.)

2.) Misc. Bug Fixing

Current Status:
    Open Source Gralloc in testing. Appears to be working properly.(Screen Works)

List Of Working Drivers:
    -WiFi
    -GPS
    -AP Hotspot
    -Basic 2D Graphics
    -GPS
    -LED
    -MTP
    -Sound
    -BT
    -Texting(SMS/MMS)
    -Mobile Data
    -Telephony

Here's a video from @arter97 booting cm using @tdcfpp gralloc:
    https://youtu.be/fv0I45HtgtQ

Donating:
    If you wish to donate, please donate to the people putting the most effort into this project! To make it easier these are the top two currently.
    @tdcfpp and @sktjdgns1189 and you can donate to him here: https://t.co/sf7R69JYqx tdcfpp is working extremely hard on porting gralloc, and making excellent progress. Sktjdgns1189 is working on hard on fixing various driver issues. So far he's fixed telephony, sound and WiFi to name a few. I will try to update this as more people contribute!

Do not ask for etas or test builds!
    Short status update:

I finished implementation of fb setup, fb_post() and blank() functions. But I cannot continue testing it on TW since I need to remove hwc in order to check fb posting. Without hwc, TW enters into bootloop because of missing hwcservice.

I sent arter97 the compiled blobs and he is the first person that has seen CM booting on a s6.
    Next step is to learn how to dual boot my s6. Camera is still open.