• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV][APP] Acer update decrypter

Search This thread

thor2002ro

Oct 11, 2007
www.tegraowners.com

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    43 KB · Views: 16,127
Last edited:

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
Thor...sorry...I didn't mean that. I want to try it badly...it is just my stupid KIS...since I am using the company laptop so I can't take the risk...I will try it on another computer. Sorry.

PS: How to use it?

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
where do I get the encrypted zip update? I saw the new update 1.144.07 yet I couldn't find it anywhere to download? Once I find it and get it decrypted, what would i do next?

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
Thank you for your extreme support. If that is the case please change the title of ur topic to DEV Only. I thought the point is to help everyone. Cheers

netham45

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2009
Denver
How 'bout telling him what it does, instead of just putting him down and calling him a noob?

@lpachuong, there's nothing we can do with it -yet-, since we have no way to re-encrypt them. It's possible we could do something like build a system.img and flash it with dd, though for now it's only good for poking around in the images.

seraphimserapis

May 25, 2009
Berlin
www.sera-apps.de
How 'bout telling him what it does, instead of just putting him down and calling him a noob?

@lpachuong, there's nothing we can do with it -yet-, since we have no way to re-encrypt them. It's possible we could do something like build a system.img and flash it with dd, though for now it's only good for poking around in the images.

Too many users ask lots of questions that could be avoided by reading the posts / some other topics. I can totally understand him.

Of course it's no problem to answer 1 or 2 questions - but there are many questions and lots of them do repeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: antoniolcrd

netham45

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2009
Denver
It looked to me like he had read it, and didn't understand it, possibly to a language barrior.

Also, saying that it's not useful to him (in a polite way) is a lot better than saying that he's a noob and has no business working with it, and would have taken just as long to type. There's a point where he's just being rude to be rude. :|

Reactions: lpachuong

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
Too many users ask lots of questions that could be avoided by reading the posts / some other topics. I can totally understand him.

Of course it's no problem to answer 1 or 2 questions - but there are many questions and lots of them do repeat.

man... what are you talking about. the OP only says, click this and that..
He asked, WHAT COULD HE DO AFTER HE HAS DECRYPTED THEM.

Absolutely legitimate question.

DEV = cranky old man

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
man... what are you talking about. the OP only says, click this and that..
He asked, WHAT COULD HE DO AFTER HE HAS DECRYPTED THEM.

Absolutely legitimate question.

DEV = cranky old man

Sorry, it's not. This info is available right here in this forum. All you have to do is look.

There is a difference between a noob and a newb. Right now all I see is a newb asking for information that can be freely found if one spends some time looking for it.

If you notice, the OP has helped quite a few people with legitimate questions and/or concerns.

lpachuong

Jul 30, 2009
Thank you for your understanding. But I should apologize for causing the troubles. I didn't know what the purpose of decrypting the zip file was, when there is no further step after that.

I guess I will be just more patient and wait until we can get access to the recovery mode. I just can't stand it when Acer has no update in Australia. I messed with dd the system and flex img before as well. Hopefully during this time, OP or someone else will come up with something that can re-encrypt it. I saw the chinese update.zip used signapk to pack the package but I failed to do so.

I don't mind being called noob =) People usually call me nerd so it sounds good to be called noob sometimes =D

peace.

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
dude you want to know how you're supposed to provide information and provide support?

read one of my guides below.

anyways dont apologize dude, just dont mind some of these cranky guys.

If I decide to keep my Iconia, I'll consolidate all that information and make a guide somewhere.

Last edited:

thor2002ro

Oct 11, 2007
www.tegraowners.com
Thank you for your understanding. But I should apologize for causing the troubles. I didn't know what the purpose of decrypting the zip file was, when there is no further step after that.

I guess I will be just more patient and wait until we can get access to the recovery mode. I just can't stand it when Acer has no update in Australia. I messed with dd the system and flex img before as well. Hopefully during this time, OP or someone else will come up with something that can re-encrypt it. I saw the chinese update.zip used signapk to pack the package but I failed to do so.

I don't mind being called noob =) People usually call me nerd so it sounds good to be called noob sometimes =D

peace.

reencryption can be achieved with this app also but doesnt help us...

please stop talking here if its not related to development...

Top Liked Posts