• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV] Bootloader unlock development

Search This thread

jioleight

Feb 18, 2011
CEBU CITY
@jioleight What's the status of your research about this now?

I already given up on this phone. I wont spend money just to unlock it. Im just waiting for my wife to return my s7 that she borrowed and play more with it than this phone. I'll probably sell this huawei craphone next year.

Giving up on amoled and root for 128gb storage was a big mistake. ?

CHUNKYBOWSER

Oct 15, 2010

I got the bootloader unlock code here:

https://global-unlocking-solutions.miiduu.com/bootloader-unlock-codes-choose-model-below

The website is super sketchy but you can pay with PayPal. I got the code no problem.

I unlocked the bootloader using fastboot, and then downloaded and installed Magisk Manager. I downloaded my current OTA ROM from another website and then extracted the ramdisk.img file using the Huawei Update Extractor tool. I patched the ramdisk.img file using Magisk Manager, and then flashed it using Fastboot. This gave me root access.

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014

https://global-unlocking-solutions.miiduu.com/bootloader-unlock-codes-choose-model-below

The website is super sketchy but you can pay with PayPal. I got the code no problem.

I unlocked the bootloader using fastboot, and then downloaded and installed Magisk Manager. I downloaded my current OTA ROM from another website and then extracted the ramdisk.img file using the Huawei Update Extractor tool. I patched the ramdisk.img file using Magisk Manager, and then flashed it using Fastboot. This gave me root access.
Thank you for your response.
Okay so no way to do it without those websites, isn't it?

My model doesn't have any rom out there. I will wait until I get firmware in my hand to use it if something goes wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205_103055.jpg
    Screenshot_20181205_103055.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 536

CHUNKYBOWSER

Oct 15, 2010
Thank you for your response.
Okay so no way to do it without those websites, isn't it?

My model doesn't have any rom out there. I will wait until I get firmware in my hand to use it if something goes wrong.
Yeah, I can't find the OTA ROM for your phone. That's strange.

Maybe there's a way to read the ramdisk.img file directly from your phone using fastboot, but I'm not familiar with it.

medoamer

Sep 19, 2017

Thank You so much @CHUNKYBOWSER, it really worked with my Nova 3i (specifically INE-LX1 ).
i followed your link, created an account and wrote in the comments my IMEI1, IMEI2 & the Serial Number exactly like how it showed up after dialing *#06* then paid the 22$ with my paypal and 30 minutes later they sent me a reply with the Bootloader unlock code then i backed-up the phone first and unlocked using ADB then through to fastboot unlock command then restored the backup.

Any ideas about a working TWRP & Root as well? ;)

Reactions: Supersonic27543

Supersonic27543

Nov 14, 2016
Thank You so much @CHUNKYBOWSER, it really worked with my Nova 3i (specifically INE-LX1 ).
i followed your link, created an account and wrote in the comments my IMEI1, IMEI2 & the Serial Number exactly like how it showed up after dialing *#06* then paid the 22$ with my paypal and 30 minutes later they sent me a reply with the Bootloader unlock code then i backed-up the phone first and unlocked using ADB then through to fastboot unlock command then restored the backup.

You can try flashing Honor 8X TWRP (I translated 4pda and saw that someone tried this and worked) or you could root with Magisk without TWRP.
Also do you remember what displayed on Fastboot when you booted into it? (PHONE Lock in green or PHONE Unlocked in red) Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

Reactions: medoamer

medoamer

Sep 19, 2017
You can try flashing Honor 8X TWRP (I translated 4pda and saw that someone tried this and worked) or you could root with Magisk without TWRP.
Also do you remember what displayed on Fastboot when you booted into it? (PHONE Lock in green or PHONE Unlocked in red) Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

Thanks for the Reply @Supersonic27543 , i will try the TWRP of the Honor 8X then if doesn't work then go with the Magisk.

As for the other point, i just checked .. both (PHONE Unlocked) & also (FRP Unlock) both written like this in Red and additionally that warning message saying (Your phone has been unlocked and cannot be trusted.) is shown but the phone boot up normally without touching the mentioned buttons in few seconds afterwards.

I also already tried re-locking the bootloader (fastboot oem relock XcodeX ) .. its all real .. i got the bootloader unlock code alright.

Supersonic27543

Nov 14, 2016
Thanks for the Reply @Supersonic27543 , i will try the TWRP of the Honor 8X then if doesn't work then go with the Magisk.

As for the other point, i just checked .. both (PHONE Unlocked) & also (FRP Unlock) both written like this in Red and additionally that warning message saying (Your phone has been unlocked and cannot be trusted.) is shown but the phone boot up normally without touching the mentioned buttons in few seconds afterwards.

I also already tried re-locking the bootloader (fastboot oem relock XcodeX ) .. its all real .. i got the bootloader unlock code alright.

@medoamer Thanks for the reply! My problem is, even though I didn't unlock the bootloader yet, Fastboot mode shows phone unlocked in red, but I can't flash anything, and fastboot oem lock-state info says that the phone is locked. :confused: What is your EMUI version when you unlocked? (Mine is 8.2.0.131(C636), you can check it in About Phone in Settings) Again thank you for your help.

medoamer

Sep 19, 2017
@medoamer Thanks for the reply! My problem is, even though I didn't unlock the bootloader yet, Fastboot mode shows phone unlocked in red, but I can't flash anything, and fastboot oem lock-state info says that the phone is locked. :confused: What is your EMUI version when you unlocked? (Mine is 8.2.0.131(C636), you can check it in About Phone in Settings) Again thank you for your help.

I am really thankful to your advice about that article @Supersonic27543 .. i know Russian and was able to understand what he wrote .. the internal memory will be shown as gibberish inside the TWRP (perhaps encrypted) but i tested it on my device and it worked like a charm then later i could just put the Magisk zip file on a memory card and install it on my Nova 3i.

I have INE-LX1 8.2.0.131 (C185).

I think the best is to consider that it's Locked, i learned the hard way that it might be a bug or something .. I've faced a similar issue that PHONE is Unlocked in red but the FRP is Locked in Green when i was trying one of the TWRP a month ago .. i read that the phone with some people came already unlocked so i thought to try my luck but i actually bricked the phone, it was a horrifying nightmare situation where i couldn't even go into the Fastboot mode with the recovery or the Firmware flashing procedure or see anything for about 16 hours straight it seemed like endless tries.

Supersonic27543

Nov 14, 2016
I am really thankful to your advice about that article @Supersonic27543 .. i know Russian and was able to understand what he wrote .. the internal memory will be shown as gibberish inside the TWRP (perhaps encrypted) but i tested it on my device and it worked like a charm then later i could just put the Magisk zip file on a memory card and install it on my Nova 3i.

I have INE-LX1 8.2.0.131 (C185).

I think the best is to consider that it's Locked, i learned the hard way that it might be a bug or something .. I've faced a similar issue that PHONE is Unlocked in red but the FRP is Locked in Green when i was trying one of the TWRP a month ago .. i read that the phone with some people came already unlocked so i thought to try my luck but i actually bricked the phone, it was a horrifying nightmare situation where i couldn't even go into the Fastboot mode with the recovery or the Firmware flashing procedure or see anything for about 16 hours straight it seemed like endless tries.

Thank you for the help! :) I think I'll order a code next week or so. Also just in case I end up in the same situation how did you unbrick it?

medoamer

Sep 19, 2017
Thank you for the help! :) I think I'll order a code next week or so. Also just in case I end up in the same situation how did you unbrick it?

Honestly during the endless bootloops while pressing different combination to get into recovery or fastboot or restore from the firmware image (It needs to be put on a SD card in a folder called dload) nothing actually worked.. I Once after some hours found the phone going in the fastboot mode and it showed me both phone and Frb Locked.. I know that Frb is locked if i need to enter my Google password during first login. But any way while I was trying this one opened then i quickly connected to a computer and extracted the image and kept trying to flash the original recovery_ramdisk but couldn't.. Then next reboot it immediately loaded and started installing the image from the dload folder.

I read somewhere about someone telling its the secondary or backup recovery module that kick in in case the main one fails to load repeatedly with its power and volume key sequence .

But I don't think you will face any of this.. That twrp worked like a charm from the first time after I unlocked through fastboot mode.

Reactions: jaguarking

luffyhhuu

Jul 29, 2018
Honestly during the endless bootloops while pressing different combination to get into recovery or fastboot or restore from the firmware image (It needs to be put on a SD card in a folder called dload) nothing actually worked.. I Once after some hours found the phone going in the fastboot mode and it showed me both phone and Frb Locked.. I know that Frb is locked if i need to enter my Google password during first login. But any way while I was trying this one opened then i quickly connected to a computer and extracted the image and kept trying to flash the original recovery_ramdisk but couldn't.. Then next reboot it immediately loaded and started installing the image from the dload folder.

I read somewhere about someone telling its the secondary or backup recovery module that kick in in case the main one fails to load repeatedly with its power and volume key sequence .

But I don't think you will face any of this.. That twrp worked like a charm from the first time after I unlocked through fastboot mode.
Nice

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
I don't understand why Huawei aren't issuing out codes but making still retrievable and isn't there a Windows program to do it yourself or maybe I remember seeing/reading wrong?

Edit: It's called Octoplus (install_octoplus_huawei_1.0.5.exe), anyone heard of this?

Last edited:

CognacJack

Nov 20, 2014
The $22 website doesn't seem to work and no PayPal option, anyone else have a working service? No funkyhuawei or MOS either. Don't mind paying just want to root and remove bloatware

lexpizarro

May 10, 2014
Las Piñas City

You can now unlock the bootloader with FunkyHuawei for a fee of $55, or 30 Euros with Ministry of Solutions (cheaper but FunkyHuawei is more certain)

As most of you already know, Huawei stopped giving away bootloader unlock codes. So it is up to us, to hack our way to root and custom ROMs.
Following, are a few things we could try,
Also, I own a Nova 3i currently. There are always the possibility that something working for me won't work for you, because of different chipsets, but I guess that this forum is also for the development of Nova 3i.
NOTE THAT SOME OF THE FOLLOWING ARE PAID SERVICES. I'M NOT RELATED WITH ANY OF THEM.
+DC-Unlocker:
I tried the latest version, got an unknown error 375. (This error also goes for the latest versions of P20 Pro, Mate 10, etc.). And the developers said that they won't support any new Huawei phones, and that they'll leave new Huawei phones for HCU-Client, because the two services are related.
+HCU-Client:
You can't try this without buying credits. If you feel generous, go on and try this. They released a couple of new versions in this week.
+Bootloader exploiting:
I really don't know anything about this, feel free to contribute.
+Secret Fastboot backdoors:
There can be a LOT of these, considering that there are a family of commands under <fastboot oem backdoor>. And I discovered quite a lot of secret commands, almost every one of them sounding like that they could seriously brick the device. For example, consider what <fastboot oem djtagtosd> sounds like. (Search Google for JTAG) If you would like to test some of the less-dangerous looking ones, please PM me, even an old Huawei device is okay as long as it has a Kirin chipsets.

Hi Guys.
Good day. Im a noob and today i just bought a new android phone, its a Huawei Nova 3i. Anyone have new ideas on how to unlock this crap phone?

huawei problem

Feb 21, 2018
*update*
so i checked using fastboot oem get-bootinfo. lo and behold it's really unlocked.

hi jioleight
i need to ask u
i have huawei nova 3i ine-lx2 c636 8.2.0.131
i forgotten password and i ant flash it failled software update
and i cant factory reset i cant type yes to confirm
do u update ur phone to emui 9
if u update can u give me the version of ur update please
my phone bootloader lock and frp lock thnx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can now unlock the bootloader with FunkyHuawei for a fee of $55, or 30 Euros with Ministry of Solutions (cheaper but FunkyHuawei is more certain)

As most of you already know, Huawei stopped giving away bootloader unlock codes. So it is up to us, to hack our way to root and custom ROMs.
    Following, are a few things we could try,
    Also, I own a Nova 3i currently. There are always the possibility that something working for me won't work for you, because of different chipsets, but I guess that this forum is also for the development of Nova 3i.
    NOTE THAT SOME OF THE FOLLOWING ARE PAID SERVICES. I'M NOT RELATED WITH ANY OF THEM.
    +DC-Unlocker:
    I tried the latest version, got an unknown error 375. (This error also goes for the latest versions of P20 Pro, Mate 10, etc.). And the developers said that they won't support any new Huawei phones, and that they'll leave new Huawei phones for HCU-Client, because the two services are related.
    +HCU-Client:
    You can't try this without buying credits. If you feel generous, go on and try this. They released a couple of new versions in this week.
    +Bootloader exploiting:
    I really don't know anything about this, feel free to contribute.
    +Secret Fastboot backdoors:
    There can be a LOT of these, considering that there are a family of commands under <fastboot oem backdoor>. And I discovered quite a lot of secret commands, almost every one of them sounding like that they could seriously brick the device. For example, consider what <fastboot oem djtagtosd> sounds like. (Search Google for JTAG) If you would like to test some of the less-dangerous looking ones, please PM me, even an old Huawei device is okay as long as it has a Kirin chipsets.
    Ine-lx2 8.2.0.131(c636)

*update*
    so i checked using fastboot oem get-bootinfo. lo and behold it's really unlocked.
    I did this then installed titanium backup and it said it wasn't rooted.

you have to root first by installing magisk or supersu. and it needs twrp to root. in case of nova 3i there isnt any existing twrp. only on nova 3 since it has the same soc as p20pro.

was about to test it on my nova 3i. good thing i checked the specs of nova 3 first before proceeding.