[DEV] Clockworkmod Recovery for GT-S5670

Search This thread

yajnab

Apr 1, 2012
Purulia
recovery

TWRP is coming soon. adi_pat is building that. I will be working soon with the cwm 6.0.x . Have to study for 1 week abt reovery for that
:good::)

No. There are only 2 recovery for the Galaxy Fit

1. CWM 5.0.2 by TJ_style
2. Amon-RA by vishwanathptl

More recovery coming soon. will addp the links tomorrow

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
I still don't get you, how does this make it for our device ?

14xylgy.jpg

um see you need to set a flag under
#twrp
which defines the res of device and it needs to one of the res shown in pic... what i said was pick on these res resize them then i will get you twrp as im a noob in resizing/theming..

btw here's the main xml which needs resizing its 320sx480

HTML:
https://raw.github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/twrp2.4/gui/devices/320x480/res/ui.xml

just for a bummer it has 3629 lines and finding refernces to sizes and resizing isnt the best way to spend your precious time ...

Reactions: Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Apr 18, 2012
Pune
14xylgy.jpg

um see you need to set a flag under
#twrp
which defines the res of device and it needs to one of the res shown in pic... what i said was pick on these res resize them then i will get you twrp as im a noob in resizing/theming..

btw here's the main xml which needs resizing its 320sx480

HTML:
https://raw.github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/twrp2.4/gui/devices/320x480/res/ui.xml

just for a bummer it has 3629 lines and finding refernces to sizes and resizing isnt the best way to spend your precious time ...

yup gotcha seems like will take a long time(the xml part) will give it a go sometime later and will hold you to your word:cyclops: seems sad that no one else bothered resizing before(you know for the greater good:p).

Edit : thanks for the perseverence with my noobness.

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
I just have Galaxy Fit device from Galaxy Fit [Shuvit] Lounge @ Kaskus
So now I can build the fully working CWM Recovery for Galaxy Fit device.

WARNING:
I take no support for RFS file system
So this Recovery will not work for Stock ROM or Custom ROM that using RFS file system.
Also this Recovery will not work for froyo baseband

For now I have no plan for working on Cyanogenmod ROM because i'm not yet have good internet connection.

Instruction:
-Download :beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar
-Open S5570_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.38.exe
-Place BENI_v1.0.ops on OPS tab
-Check the One Package Option
-Place beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar on One Package tab
-Connect the device on Download Mode
-Press Start and wait for flashing process is finished

Source: https://github.com/tjstyle/android_device_samsung_beni

The CWM recovery by tj-style for S5670 is also functionally working for another Samsung device B-7510, just with display problem because of different screen resolution. tj-style is so kind that he released the source code in github. Now I wish to make some modification and recompile. I have already downloaded the source into my computer running Ubuntu 12.04 by repo sync. But unfortunately I don't know how to re-compile it. I have tried to use it to replace the whole bootable/recovery folder, or replace the device/samsung/beni folder. I used the "lunch full_beni-eng" and then "make recoveryimage" command. It produced errors.

I need to know the correct way of re-compiling before I make modification. I wonder if anyone here is able to help and give me some hints? Excuse me that I am a noob and this post may be off-topic. But some S5670 users may also want to know how to re-compile for themselves.

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
The CWM recovery by tj-style for S5670 is also functionally working for another Samsung device B-7510, just with display problem because of different screen resolution. tj-style is so kind that he released the source code in github. Now I wish to make some modification and recompile. I have already downloaded the source into my computer running Ubuntu 12.04 by repo sync. But unfortunately I don't know how to re-compile it. I have tried to use it to replace the whole bootable/recovery folder, or replace the device/samsung/beni folder. I used the "lunch full_beni-eng" and then "make recoveryimage" command. It produced errors.

I need to know the correct way of re-compiling before I make modification. I wonder if anyone here is able to help and give me some hints? Excuse me that I am a noob and this post may be off-topic. But some S5670 users may also want to know how to re-compile for themselves.

tj's source is device specific ..you cant replace it with bootable/recovery..and dont try flashing roms using this recovery on other devices you may end up bricking your device...

edit you dont need tj's source
google search for shaan xda he has a guide on building cwm follow it

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
tj's source is device specific ..you cant replace it with bootable/recovery..and dont try flashing roms using this recovery on other devices you may end up bricking your device...

edit you dont need tj's source
google search for shaan xda he has a guide on building cwm follow it

For your information, my device is B7510.

If you go to opensource.samsung.com and enter S5670 as keyword for searching, you will find that several devices, including B7510, S5570 and S5830, show up together. In fact these models are very similar in design. If you extract the fstab, you can see that even the mount points for the partitions are the same for these models. That's why the recovery from tj-style does functionally WORK to some extent (just usually with some display problem).

I don't think it is risky of flashing recovery for other devices. The recovery image is different from boot image. And I have done this countless number of times (for trial and testing). It doesn't matter if the device no longer boots into recovery, because I can always flash a sure working one whenever neccessary.

I already have some little experience in compiling CWM recovery, but not skillful at present moment. Regarding the guide form Shaaan, which mainly copied from Koush's guide, I can say that it is quite useful for me at the past. However I am looking for more advanced technique and modifications, which are not covered in Shaaan or Koush's guide.

I want to work from tj-style's source. It is a good one, with built-in rfs support for backing up stock ROM.

I am sorry that I raise the question here. However I guess some S5670 users may also be interested in how to compile.

Last edited:

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
For your information, my device is B7510.

If you go to opensource.samsung.com and enter S5670 as keyword for searching, you will find that several devices, including B7510, S5570 and S5830, show up together. In fact these models are very similar in design. If you extract the fstab, you can see that even the mount points for the partitions are the same for these models. That's why the recovery from tj-style does functionally WORK to some extent (just usually with some display problem).

I don't think it is risky of flashing recovery for other devices. The recovery image is different from boot image. And I have done this countless number of times (for trial and testing). It doesn't matter if the device no longer boots into recovery, because I can always flash a sure working one whenever neccessary.

I already have some little experience in compiling CWM recovery, but not skillful at present moment. Regarding the guide form Shaaan, which mainly copied from Koush's guide, I can say that it is quite useful for me at the past. However I am looking for more advanced technique and modifications, which are not covered in Shaaan or Koush's guide.

I want to work from tj-style's source. It is a good one, with built-in rfs support for backing up stock ROM.

I am sorry that I raise the question here. However I guess some S5670 users may also be interested in how to compile.

tj just released his device config,..they may sure the same kernel source but the mount points arent same in all devices..afaik you used benis kernel so if you use your kernel with the recovery compiled to your res it should be fine

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
At this moment, I wish to talk on Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 only. Please forget any other devices. There is no need to worry anything for other devices for me.

I guess I will soon be able to compile the cwm recovery for S5670 from tj-style's source.
Now I am quite sure that tj-style's source should be stored in device/samsung/beni, not in bootable/recovery.

However it seems that I should also place vendor files into the vendor folder. Am I correct? How can I obtain or generate the vendor files for S5670?

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
At this moment, I wish to talk on Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 only. Please forget any other devices. There is no need to worry anything for other devices for me.

I guess I will soon be able to compile the cwm recovery for S5670 from tj-style's source.
Now I am quite sure that tj-style's source should be stored in device/samsung/beni, not in bootable/recovery.

However it seems that I should also place vendor files into the vendor folder. Am I correct? How can I obtain or generate the vendor files for S5670?

yes but you dont need vendors to build recoery..but mate why are you in a crush with board beni..make a config build recovery easy about the vendors if you still need them..www.github.com/speedbot

Reactions: overclock990

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
I installed the beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar compiled by tj-style on my B7510 device. Everything functionally works, just with display problem: some text goes outside the bottom of screen, and wide margin at the right hand side.

I worked from
git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
together with
git://github.com/tjstyle/android_device_samsung_beni.git
I finally compiled successfully. After flashed into my B7510 and booted into recovery. The screen text are very untidy. I even can't read the text.

Why there is such a difference?

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
I installed the beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar compiled by tj-style on my B7510 device. Everything functionally works, just with display problem: some text goes outside the bottom of screen, and wide margin at the right hand side.

I worked from
git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
together with
git://github.com/tjstyle/android_device_samsung_beni.git
I finally compiled successfully. After flashed into my B7510 and booted into recovery. The screen text are very untidy. I even can't read the text.

Why there is such a difference?

you need to use the kernel meant for your device and proper recovery.rc you cant just copy stuff from beni and expect it to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just have Galaxy Fit device from Galaxy Fit [Shuvit] Lounge @ Kaskus
    So now I can build the fully working CWM Recovery for Galaxy Fit device.

WARNING:
    I take no support for RFS file system
    So this Recovery will not work for Stock ROM or Custom ROM that using RFS file system.
    Also this Recovery will not work for froyo baseband

For now I have no plan for working on Cyanogenmod ROM because i'm not yet have good internet connection.

Instruction:
    -Download :beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar
    -Open S5570_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.38.exe
    -Place BENI_v1.0.ops on OPS tab
    -Check the One Package Option
    -Place beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar on One Package tab
    -Connect the device on Download Mode
    -Press Start and wait for flashing process is finished

Source: https://github.com/tjstyle/android_device_samsung_beni
    Change log

Change log
    Recovery in a flashable zip

Hi Guys,

attached is this recovery completely unmodified in a flashable zip format for easy installation.

Tested and confirmed with cwmr 6 and twrp2.:good::D

Regards,
    Dark Passenger

PS Happy Flashing!:highfive:
    I am the first to reply.... and finally TJ_STYLE is developing ROM and RECOVERY for Galaxy fit.... :D very happy to see this thread and hear this....
    this recovery only work for ext4 rom, like CM7 ROM and other custom ROM that using ext4 file system.
    flash, backup, restore tested by me.

Sent from my FIH-FB0