• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV][CPB2][ODIN/ROM] S5/S6 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Installation Guide & Download [18/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
K

komarov27

Please be aware that by flashing any of the files provided in this thread you take full responsibility over whatever happens to your device. This is mainly for experienced users.
Your warranty is now void. Flash it on your own risk. I'm not responsible for your bricked devices
This is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F

Device: SAMSUNG S5 SM-G900F
Android version: 6.0.1
Build number: MMB29M.G900FXXU1CPB2
CSC: BTU
Kernel version: 3.4.0-7182592, Friday 5th of February.
Security patch level: 1 February 2016
Root: without root privilege

-- Installation Instructions --

1. Download the file

2. Open ODIN v3.10

3. Put the files in ODIN AP

4. Tick Update Phone Bootloader and UncheckAuto Reboot in ODIN

5. Put device into download mode

6. Flash the file with ODIN

7. Now Go straight into Recovery

8. Wipe data and Cache/DalvikCache

10. Reboot

Now If your backlights buttons are off during boot then you are good to go, but if they're on during boot then you have to reflash bootloader with odin again

-- Video Instructions -- Thanks to @musabcel

Downloads:

Odin Flashable File: here (Contains All Files)

Bootloader and Modem Only

BL: here
CP: here

Downloads DevBase and Experimental Builds:

Note: You need Marshmallow Bootloader and Modem

Stock Rom:

Features:
-Knox-Free
-Slightly Debloated
-Partially Rooted (You have to reboot after granting SuperSU for an app to be able to use that app)
-Developer-friendly (uses system extracted folder rather than system.img)

BUGS: NONE

Download Flashable: MEGA

S6 Port Rom:

Features:
-S6 M SystemUI
-S6 M Phone
-S6 M Contacts
-S6 M Email
-S6 M Gallery
-S6 M TouchWiz Launcher
-S6 M Flipboard
-S6 M ThemeStore
-S6 M SVoice
-S6 M Voice Recorder
-S6 M Music
-S6 M SoundAlive
-S6 M Libs
-S6 M Calculator
-S6 M Clock
-S6 M SmartManager
-S6 M AllShare
-S6 M SFinder
-S6 M QuickConnect
-S6 M Flipboard
-S6 M Memo
-S6 M Galaxy Apps
-S6 M Other Apps & Libs

Norma Rom Alpha 1.0 Review Video :

Screenshots :

qaAtAt.png

ZAesB6.png

wP84lM.png

BUGS: SystemUI Graphical bugs, Apps FC on first boot, FingerPrint not working, Lockscreen no unlocking effects and buttons, some other...
Note: This is an experimental build - Don't report bugs - Flash at your own risk

Download Flashable: MEGA

Credits:

@Sirocco.ukr.lviv
@firefds @eeausli @_alex74 @BlackMesa123 @musabcel

XDA:DevDB Information
Samsung Marshmallow, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
komarov27, Sirocco.ukr.lviv, Geiti94, eeausli
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-14
Last Updated 2016-02-20

AlphaGam3r

Jun 19, 2015
Rumbeke
doesn't work for me... if i flash the bl and the cp odin says it works but when i flash the zip my on my phone its stuck on the s5 bootlogo and the blue led turns on....
but i have a SM-G900X (live demo unit) but i can flash every 900F rom on it even the stock rom with odin

K

komarov27

doesn't work for me... if i flash the bl and the cp odin says it works but when i flash the zip my on my phone its stuck on the s5 bootlogo and the blue led turns on....
but i have a SM-G900X (live demo unit) but i can flash every 900F rom on it even the stock rom with odin

Try flashing multiple times (i had to flash 2 times) and don't forget to tick Update bootloader box in odin

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

Unless you have a G900F, don't post that it doesn't work, your device is not supported by this guide / thread, even if G900F ROMs usually work

Good work OP - Nice guide ;)

Reactions: Sithhy™

biyolog4472

Feb 21, 2013
Very very thank you bady. Great work. Congrulations

SM-G900F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

D

Deleted member 6200883

downloading... will give a feedback next 30 minutes until it download

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
www.facebook.com
Still don't work to me because of Write protection (When device status isn't official you can't flash BL or CP), now I need flash Stock but I need use FTP because of USB breaked :S

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 3,112
Reactions: k_g_alex

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
www.facebook.com
Unless you have a G900F, don't post that it doesn't work, your device is not supported by this guide / thread, even if G900F ROMs usually work

Good work OP - Nice guide ;)
In G900X can work because it's a G900F without Radio, and G900F bootloader can be installed without problems

EDIT: @AlphaGam3r Blue led is normal, but Button are white? (Back and Multitasking)

K

komarov27

Still don't work to me because of Write protection (When device status isn't official you can't flash BL or CP), now I need flash Stock but I need use FTP because of USB breaked :S

I've flashed BL and CP and my device status was custom. I was on NormaRom with 2.67 supersu root before flashing the marshmallow build.

AlphaGam3r

Jun 19, 2015
Rumbeke
In G900X can work because it's a G900F without Radio, and G900F bootloader can be installed without problems

EDIT: @AlphaGam3r Blue led is normal, but Button are white? (Back and Multitasking)
No they don't light up but i don't have a bootanimation

EDIT:Where can you see what bootloader your phone has and f you can see it what version does it need to be?

Last edited:

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
www.facebook.com
I was right :D After reinstalled Stock and flashed BL and CP it finally flash! Now I'm flashing TWRP for install MM :3

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

It's booting! Keylight are off so I made it :D @komarov27 you can update OP adding to flash Stock with all various wipe if BL and CP don't flash?

Reactions: cammi123

Sithhy™

Jan 15, 2012
So this ROM has no root in it? Is there any way to root it, or we gonna have to wait for someone to do it? [emoji14]

Also, are all of the sensors working? I mean like fingerprint & heartbeat [emoji1]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I finally rooted 6.0.1 for Galaxy S5, here how:
    1. Download this files
    2. Install from recovery first the kernel and after SuperSU
    3. Enjoy :3

Thanks to @geiti94 for the kernel and obv to @Chainfire for his SuperSU
    Say hello to MM SystemUI :D
    I'm thinking to work to a totally S6 Edge 6.0.1 port, what you think?
    So I'm starting to work to my personal ROM based with 6.0.1 dump. Will be fully S6 6.0.1 themed
    And thanks to @_alex74_ I enabled this :p
    I have managed to create a fully odin compatible tar file!
    I flashed it successfully over 5.0. No wipe needed!!! No need to select Bootloader update! Just put in AP in odin and flash!
    I am uploading it to Mega as we speak, it will take a few hours.

Credits to: @komarov27 for this thread and @eeausli who made the CP and BL files working on odin @Sirocco.ukr.lviv for making the dump
    me (@firefds for creating the system.img.ext4 flashable) and the full odin file
    and for anyone else I my have forgot (PM and i'll add you)

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!Elw1Uaba!TQb1ZFuVYZJlIGgOfMogwoK4FtsQDWkkcV0f5_9P940
    So seems we need wait Chainfire update.
    Tomorrow when I get back from school will start mod the ROM adding S6 marshmallow apps :p