[DEV] Data on HD2 (ril tweaks)

Search This thread

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
absolute system

If you have to ask this you should really also be asking yourself if you want to be getting into something you don't understand. However should you choose to take the red pill then...

1. DO A FULL BACKUP IN CLOCKWORK
2. Install Root Explorer, File Expert or ES File Explorer from market (if one of the latter two enable root explorer option in settings)
3. In your chosen file explorer navigate to /system and locate build.prop
4. MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE BUILD.PROP and save it on your SD card somewhere.
5. Open the build.prop file and search for the lines of code in Jan's OP. If they are there then simply edit the values. If not then copy and paste the new code.
6. Save the build.prop file
7. Reboot and hold on...

;)

you can use absolute system from the market, it edits the build.prop and lets you make changes

firemanj79

Mar 1, 2011
Tdizzle is on it but will this work on t-mobile in the usa

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hi,

I have used this settings in my new ROM

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=0
ro.ril.fd.scron.timeout=30
ro.ril.fd.scroff.timeout=10
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.telephony.default_network=3
ro.ril.a52.%s
ro.ril.a53.%s
ro.ril.radio.svn=01
ro.ril.qos.traffic.priority=3

i notices that if i set ro.telephony.default_network=3 then my WIFI is stuck after some ON / OFF on setting off, and there is 89mA drain on standby!!!

if i set to

ro.telephony.default_network=0

Then all OK.

I have posted warning about this in my change log.. maybe it's just me..

What else can you advice to add, i cant load things that i have no idea what the do..

So if you can please explain about the rest tweaks it will be great! :)

Thanks for your findings. connection by DATA improved...

I didn't add the dormant, i have users from all over the world so, i cant risk the batt drain for some of them :(

but for me it's working, no change in batt any way. :)

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Yeah I am trying to find out what the rest from the tweaks do.;)
As soon as I got any updates I will post them on the 1 post.

this is a CWR install for dungphp pyramid 1.35.401.1 EU or T-mobile, and it sure help my battery and also data downloads or increases ( more than I ever got from t-mobile)

this post mainly to help prove the build.prop Tweaks by jan-willem3 for HD2 do work

thanks for the study and time you took to learn this ( no books on this)

codiak

Feb 27, 2009
Is there a list of providers who support fast dormancy?
Googled for it but for no luck.

hrockh

Aug 25, 2009
Bristol
oh god.. I've been trying to contact the Tre Italia assistance for the whole morning.. NO ANSWER... /facepalm

can anyone pls try as well??

also jw can you make a list of all the provides that offers fast dormancy or not in the 1st post??
cheers

thank you buddy.
I wonder if it works only for clk or also for MAGLDR.

I am currently at home in Italy, using Three IT. I'll call them as soon as I can to asking regarding whether they have fast dormancy on their network

Also, I will try to contact Three UK, asking the same question..

wish me luck to find a clever dude on the other side of the line :D

jan-willem3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2010
┌┐(●_●)┌┐
Yeah you need to check logcat if it is wrong you will see that the phone is constantly trying to go in fast dormancy mode. Also you should see always 3g icon when there is no data transfered then fast dormancy works.

Reactions: clyder

clyder

Aug 30, 2010
Indjija
Yeah you need to check logcat if it is wrong you will see that the phone is constantly trying to go in fast dormancy mode. Also you should see always 3g icon when there is no data transfered then fast dormancy works.

There is no 'fast dormancy' lines in logcat. And 3g icon is always on, so I guess that the fast dormancy is supported. Thanx.

rebuild

Sep 21, 2006
Google Pixel 6 Pro
WLAN not working

I tried the patch and copied the code into my build.prop
The data connection felt much snappier but my WLAN was not working anymore. Activation of WLAN was not possible anymore - I always got an error :(
After deleting the code everything is working again.
Any clue what command could have caused this problem?
I really want to use this patch, cause I also had less battery drainage ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I was not happy with my current battery life I decided to invest time in finding ril build.prop tweaks for our hd2. Wich will be readed by lib_htcril.so and will acutally work. Android htc ril interface supports over 60 commands.

All tough it looks our phone has a working data connection it works far from optimal. There is no rill officialy developed for our radio and singal is very sensitive in my experience.

RMNET is currently providing us stable data by loading desire rmnet radio code into the radio when start up. Altough we should know wich radio from the desire is included so we can use the right wrapper

Anyway I will here clearify some commands.

ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule= 0 - 1 disable enable.

Save a lot of battery by letting the phone request for fast dormancy. Phone will stay in UMTS until data is requested and will then switch to hdspa. This is not supported by all providers.

ro.ril.fd.scron.timeout= 0- to infinity in theory
    The timeout in seconds after a data request before switching back.When screen is on

ro.ril.fd.scroff.timeout=0 to infinity in theory
    The timeout in seconds after a data request before switching back.When screen is off.

ro.ril.a52.%s
    (gprs encryption algorithm)
    ro.ril.a53.%s
    (gprs encryption algorithm)

ro.ril.enable.a52=0-1
    disable enable encryption a52

ro.ril.enable.a53=0-1
    disable enable encryption a53

ro.ril.enable.dcm.feature= 0- 1

Database Correlation Method to get phone location I was getting faster an data connection when on however phone was finding this value by it self was my experience.

ro.ril.radio.svn= 0-99
    to identify phones more easily currently displayed as 01 on our hd2.

ro.ril.qos.traffic.priority= 0-3
    (lowest priority =0 highest =3) request QOS priority in your network might not be supported by your provider.

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    Dual transfer mode for networks that support calling and data connection at the same time.

ro.telephony.default_network=3 (0-8)
    Not really new this will make the phone prefere a strong gsm singal over a really weak hdspa can save a bit of battery. This can also be set by typing *#*#4636#*#* in dialer

This are the ones I exactly know what they mean however after some testing I am using the following commands in build.prop by researching htc build.props
    Altough I don't know the meaning of all it definately helps because I dont get a weird logcat out put when turning data on or off and it goes almost instant on and off with b4 wrapper in CLK.

# RIL Tweaks by jan-willem3@xda for HD2
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
    ro.ril.ecc.HTC-ELL=92,93,94
    ro.ril.ecc.HTC-WWE=999
    ro.ril.enable.a52.HTC-ITA=0
    ro.ril.enable.a53.HTC-ITA=1
    ro.ril.enable.a52=0
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=0
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.avoid.pdp.overlap=1
    ro.ril.enable.prl.recognition=0
    ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2
    ro.ril.enable.managed.roaming=1
    ro.ril.enable.enhance.search=0
    ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=1
    ro.ril.fd.scron.timeout=30
    ro.ril.fd.scroff.timeout=10
    ro.ril.oem.nosim.ecclist=911,112,999,08,118,120,122,110,119,995
    ro.ril.emc.mode=2
    ro.ril.att.feature=0
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    ro.telephony.default_network=3
    # END RIL Tweaks by jan-willem3@xda for HD2

Just some more clearyfing why we have high standby usage.
    Because phone is searching a lot for singal in my case it can swtich from 1 bar to 5 bars in the same room.

The power usage in 3G can be reduced by using fast dormancy because the phone doesnt switch from 3g to hdspa when there is no data request but phone will still search for optimal singal but it wont constantly switch between 3g and hdspa and waste battery. (lost 4 % in 8 hour with constantly bumping singal)

What is the goal of this thread:
    Giving everybody the chance for an optimal data experience and maybe useful for devs who wanna update radio code or update ril wrappers.
    Yeah it should work especially that fast dormancy really hepls if your network support it. I tested this in combination with clk b4 wrapper in theory when we initialize ril on boot using tytung r10 instead of lib_htcrilwrapper.so it should work for sure.
    Then can anybody tell me what folder to put script in or what files have to b changed whefe they are or where to be added etc or a step by step guide

If you have to ask this you should really also be asking yourself if you want to be getting into something you don't understand. However should you choose to take the red pill then...

1. DO A FULL BACKUP IN CLOCKWORK
    2. Install Root Explorer, File Expert or ES File Explorer from market (if one of the latter two enable root explorer option in settings)
    3. In your chosen file explorer navigate to /system and locate build.prop
    4. MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE BUILD.PROP and save it on your SD card somewhere.
    5. Open the build.prop file and search for the lines of code in Jan's OP. If they are there then simply edit the values. If not then copy and paste the new code.
    6. Save the build.prop file
    7. Reboot and hold on...

;)
    Thanks for this Jan. So can we simply copy/paste this into our build props and reap the fruits of your labour?
    Yeah I am trying to find out what the rest from the tweaks do.;)
    As soon as I got any updates I will post them on the 1 post.