[DEV] [Driver] Flashable (Adreno) OpenGL ES 2.0 2184622 [SKYPE FIX] [FPS increase?]

Search This thread

bduvel

May 29, 2010
Since the other Adreno 220 topic was also made here, this should work perfectly on the Amaze devices and fix people's skype green problem. (worked on multiple devices, sensation, vivid, amaze)
These EGL files came from the One Series with Adreno graphics.

I made a thread on Sensation forums which explains everything.

You can find it here

Known fixes so far; Skype, Modern Combat 3 and increase of global performance in games/browser (flash)
In NenaMark2 and also games you can see fps increase.

You can check which GL version you have with "OpenGLES Extension viewer" and if its 2131267 you can try flash the newer from attachments

Everything explained in the other post. .

PS > if you benchmark, benchmark with GL wise application eg. NenaMark2 or GLBenchmark since those files affect GL performance.
also they are not kernel related, you can flash kernels whatever you want, they should not heat up your phone more then it already does heat up and not decrease battery life more then it normally does.

wipe cache+dalvik cache to be sure all apps work.

As you expect, flash at your own risk (just do a backup, or have the files from the other topic (also have them in attachments (Adreno_ICS_Update = current version as your rom should use))
You can always flash your own rom again over it and it replaces the EGL files (if you don't like them)

Any questions just ask.

*read here that 2184622 works on Amaze, note the instagram problem he talking is about is fixed*

Attachments

• 2184622_otherdevices.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 754
Last edited:

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
These work. Good.

I took 3 tests with nenamark before hand and got around 41-ish fps.

Took 3 more tests with these drivers and I'm getting a constant 50fps+

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question which one should I flash

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

bduvel

May 29, 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question which one should I flash

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

2184622_otherdevices.zip - (Newest OpenGLES lib's from One S series)

so if you want to test the new one, go for 2184622 one!

Adreno_ICS_Update (stock).zip - (Adreno stock drivers that should be in all amaze roms)

if you want yo go back

NeoAndroid

Jun 8, 2010
Chandler
Definite Framerate Increase

Here's a before and after. Before pic was using the ICS driver from this thread.

EDIT: just realized that my old driver is the same version as this new one. Maybe it was cooked in with ARHD 2.2.1.

Attachments

• 2012-05-12_14-26-06.jpg
    2012-05-12_14-26-06.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 622
  • 2012-05-12_14-51-34.jpg
    2012-05-12_14-51-34.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:

morrislee

Aug 24, 2010
Edmonton
This fixed Google Chrome Beta I think, no rendering artifacts so far!

Edit: nvm, still glitches sometimes :(

Last edited:

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Just flashed this, ran some tests with nenamark prior to flashing and was getting around 30 fps, after it was 50+ every time! Thanks!

Sent from the morgue.

J

jeepers007

This version looks to already be included with the latest TMO ICS leak.

bduvel

May 29, 2010
+1

I just reverted back to my stock nandroid after applying the 213 Adreno drivers, and the version it reverted to was 2184622, so I'm not sure how these are newer. Is there someplace else we should be looking to check which is newer?

then u downloaded the wrong one, since this is about the 218version which came from the One series.

Adreno_Update.zip (stock) is 213 for people who use 213, 218 is the newer one yes

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
Thank you for contributing to the community bduvel. It is always nicer to have options and people always looking out for the next best tweak, hack, driver, etc.. for our devices and willing to share.

This is what I enjoy most about our XDA Community,

I have been running the 218 drivers you have pulled from the OneS for a couple of days now and my perception is this driver is not as smooth as I have experienced with the Official QComm released drivers.

I did not run benchmarks as soon as I flashed so as not to prejudice my experience.

After a couple of days I have run the Quadrant Benchmark and now have more objective results to share with the community.

AFTER "OneS Adreno Driver (218)" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.

attachment.php

AFTER "QComm Release Adreno ICS Update (213)" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.

attachment.php

Regardless of the driver 2D scores are @ 1000
With 218 my 3d Benchmarking Score is 1258
Using the QComm 213 Adreno Driver my 3D Benchmarking Score is 2235
I also noticed a decrease in my NenaMark 2 FPS rate when using the 218 OneS driver.

This seems to have confirmed my subjective results that the 218 driver for some reason did not perform as well on the HTC Amaze.

Thank you,
gjcamp

Last edited:

GSMachinst

Jun 9, 2010
So i have the ota update ics tmobile rolled out for the amaze and i checked my driver version and it says i have the 218 one? Is this the same as the 218 one you have posted here from the one s??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the other Adreno 220 topic was also made here, this should work perfectly on the Amaze devices and fix people's skype green problem. (worked on multiple devices, sensation, vivid, amaze)
    These EGL files came from the One Series with Adreno graphics.

I made a thread on Sensation forums which explains everything.

You can find it here

Known fixes so far; Skype, Modern Combat 3 and increase of global performance in games/browser (flash)
    In NenaMark2 and also games you can see fps increase.

You can check which GL version you have with "OpenGLES Extension viewer" and if its 2131267 you can try flash the newer from attachments

Everything explained in the other post. .

PS > if you benchmark, benchmark with GL wise application eg. NenaMark2 or GLBenchmark since those files affect GL performance.
    also they are not kernel related, you can flash kernels whatever you want, they should not heat up your phone more then it already does heat up and not decrease battery life more then it normally does.

wipe cache+dalvik cache to be sure all apps work.

As you expect, flash at your own risk (just do a backup, or have the files from the other topic (also have them in attachments (Adreno_ICS_Update = current version as your rom should use))
    You can always flash your own rom again over it and it replaces the EGL files (if you don't like them)

Any questions just ask.

*read here that 2184622 works on Amaze, note the instagram problem he talking is about is fixed*