Dev found for cm port! WIP CM Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
What you scratched the glass? This is particularly worrying for me because I don't have a screen protector on. Could you PM me the pic?

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

ive had the thing for a 2 weeks now. fell out of my hoodie when i leaned over and it fell on tile in my kitchen.
pic attached
its the top right corner. i got used to putting my phone bottom first so that i wouldn't hit the power button.
sorry for the quality. its blurred cause 1. i HAD to use the flash and 2. i HAD to shoot it close up. the camera i used is a sony tx-10. 16mega pixel. but i took over 30 pictures and these 3 were the best.
the scratches aren't palpable (meaning you cant feel them) you cant feel them with your finger nails either. so the glass is smooth. not very noticeable till you look up close. but the thing is it fell on the actual corner of the screen. NOT the corner of the phone so amazing how the glass (that actualy sticks out of the phone about .5 of a milimeter) survived.

Attachments

• DSC03011.JPG
    DSC03011.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC03012.JPG
    DSC03012.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03013.JPG
    DSC03013.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 49

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Don't want to, it's my first glass phone, I like to touch the glass :p

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

my point. i LOVE the actual look of glass. its so sleek. um, screen protectors are sort of pointless. i just replace the WHOLE screen haha when i need to. thing is, that is the point of a screen, to use it, not to protect it and never use it right?

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
ive had the thing for a 2 weeks now. fell out of my hoodie when i leaned over and it fell on tile in my kitchen.
pic attached
its the top right corner. i got used to putting my phone bottom first so that i wouldn't hit the power button.
sorry for the quality. its blurred cause 1. i HAD to use the flash and 2. i HAD to shoot it close up. the camera i used is a sony tx-10. 16mega pixel. but i took over 30 pictures and these 3 were the best.
the scratches aren't palpable (meaning you cant feel them) you cant feel them with your finger nails either. so the glass is smooth. not very noticeable till you look up close. but the thing is it fell on the actual corner of the screen. NOT the corner of the phone so amazing how the glass (that actualy sticks out of the phone about .5 of a milimeter) survived.

I bought mine cracked since it was only like 40 bucks, so i assumed the phone came like that, but one day i sat there looking at my phone like, was it scratched like that? i guess this phone scratches easy.

again for the price, it was not bad at all, 40 bucks for a phone that runs actually pretty good.

heres some pics of what the screen looks like:

Screen On: http://i.imgur.com/pP1CWcS.jpg

Screen Off: http://i.imgur.com/COJjpk0.jpg

im really satisfied with this phone, for 40 bucks it was one of my best purchases

Last edited:

Rashed97

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2012
Haha, yeah sure. Anyone can be of help.

As for an update, I found the problem: the kernel is made to be built with GCC 4.8, and I was trying to built it with 4.7. Some maniac decided that CM shouldn't have the 4.8 compiler in it for some reason (or they haven't gotten around to it yet). Anyway, I'm building with 4.8 now, should work.

EDIT: Ugh nevermind, it still fails. I'll take another look tomorrow

Last edited:

r00tb33r

Apr 16, 2010
Haha, yeah sure. Anyone can be of help.

As for an update, I found the problem: the kernel is made to be built with GCC 4.8, and I was trying to built it with 4.7. Some maniac decided that CM shouldn't have the 4.8 compiler in it for some reason (or they haven't gotten around to it yet). Anyway, I'm building with 4.8 now, should work.

EDIT: Ugh nevermind, it still fails. I'll take another look tomorrow

Not to sound obvious, completely clean before compiling again? Stale objects somewhere?
Check version numbers on the dependencies, perhaps there's a wrong version library somewhere.

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
No, but I can use a prebuilt kernel. However, that will only be a last resort.

no need to use a prebuilt. i got a kernel building perfectly fine, just not pushed any of my changes to github that's required to build it.

i'll do it once i got CM built and out

btw doing 4.3 is pointless until 4.1 boots

to test my theory that 4.3 won't boot

http://downloads.kanger.me/?dir=unstable/operaul

FULL LOGS if you DO NOT know how to logcat then don't bother with this, also kmsg's and everything else

THE BOOT.IMG INSIDE THE ZIP NEEDS TO BE FLASHED IF YOU ARE NOT S-OFF'D

Last edited:

Rashed97

May 28, 2012
no need to use a prebuilt. i got a kernel building perfectly fine, just not pushed any of my changes to github that's required to build it.

FULL LOGS if you DO NOT know how to logcat then don't bother with this, also kmsg's and everything else

If you can get the changes needed to build the kernel up, I'm pretty sure I can get a working ROM in a few days. The device tree is already 4.2 ready, all that's missing for 4.3 is SELinux, and that shouldn't take long.

And I added you to the htc-first GitHub groub Lloir

Last edited:

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
If you can get the changes needed to build the kernel up, I'm pretty sure I can get a working ROM in a few days. The device tree is already 4.2 ready, all that's missing for 4.3 is SELinux, and that shouldn't take long.

And I added you to the htc-first GitHub groub Lloir

what you saying i can't do it?

you weren't able to do squat up to now

Last edited:

Rashed97

May 28, 2012
what you saying i can't do it?

you weren't able to do squat up to now

I never said that you can't do it. In fact, I KNOW that you can do it. I'm saying that I can't get the kernel to build, but I know I can get the ROM to work.

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI

what is this ? a full rom or just a test that 4.3 wont boot ?

regardless, im gonna flash and provide some logcats if it doesnt boot or whatever

EDIT: didnt even get to flash in TWRP 2.6.0.0 , it gave me an

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")
error executing updater binary in zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Lloir

Rashed97

May 28, 2012
what is this ? a full rom or just a test that 4.3 wont boot ?

regardless, im gonna flash and provide some logcats if it doesnt boot or whatever

EDIT: didnt even get to flash in TWRP 2.6.0.0 , it gave me an

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")
error executing updater binary in zip

Oh that's a super easy fix. It's because TWRP isn't 4.4 ready.

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
guys idk what i did. i got bootloader unlocked but it formated my phone

edit. now i remember. i messed up holding the buttons. they are in an awkward possition and i held it for factory reset...sucks for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ya it is. and there is one already in the forums so rashed has it and is already working on a test build...he is definately very quick at this...so test build will be out quite soon! :good:

I'm not that fast, but this phone isn't that complicated, so yes I might have one for you to test tonight.
    The kernel is done, I'll push that to GitHub in a few min. It's gonna be 3.4.49

Now the device folders and vendor stuff. I'll probably end up building it tomorrow.

All the repos for this project are here: https://github.com/htc-first
    Once I'm done with it all, I'll see if CM will be willing to accept it and make it an officially maintained device.
    No, but I can use a prebuilt kernel. However, that will only be a last resort.

I'm running a test build now with the files I pulled from another developer's repos. I know it's gonna need a ton of work but if it actually builds and boots then there won't be much left to do.
    I'd be willing to donate some money via paypal, you should post your email so people interested could help you get your hands on a first. They go for bargain bin prices on ebay.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone