Dev found for cm port! WIP CM Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
MOD NOTICE
This is an ongoing development project. If you do not know what you are doing, then please don't participate.

Hey guys, i just recently got the First, and im from the lg optimus one community and my good buddy, rashed, a recognized developer has moved on from that also, and is willing to take up the development for now till we get official cm support.

lets all thank rashed97 for considering this guys.

as requested by him on the CM forum
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/74035-htc-first/

he will need a system dump and complete specs.

specs:::
General
Chipset: Qualcomm® 8930AA Snapdragon 400
CPU: Dual-core 1.4 GHz Krait
GPU: Adreno 305
Platform: Android 4.1
Storage: 16GB
RAM: 1 GB LPDDR2
Primary camera: 5 MP BSI 1080p Video recording
Secondary camera: 1.6MP BSI
Display: 720x1280 pixels

Networking
2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G: LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100
GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes
Speed: HSPA+
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, LE
NFC: Yes
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass

now...can anyone make a system dump of the phone, as im still rooting mine and tinkering with recovery?
Thanks guys. lets get the ball rolling.:D

BTW if anyone is interested in donating some cash to Rashed to hook him up with the device, its around 150 bucks as of now off contract. please contact him and let him know. Thanks :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 511pf and dramon

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
By the way, just a bit about me if anyone is wondering who the heck i am.

Im an experienced hacker and app developer for android devices. For the past 2 years i have been using the very problematic LG Thrive, which takes more work to make the roms work, than to bring the moon down to earth! My device is almost dead so i bought the HTC First. Ive been rooting and hacking android devices for many people including teachers at school and friends.

This is a totaly new device for me, and is a bit more complicated to root. Im going to try super one click on it ad see how it goes, or maybe z4root. Because i really dont feel like unlocking the darn bootloader and doing everything manually. As soon as i get it all done i will be posting a tutorial on my blog and here on xda for the new comers. Thats just what i usualy do.

Thanks for accepting me into your community guys.
Russian392

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
The kernel is done, I'll push that to GitHub in a few min. It's gonna be 3.4.49

Now the device folders and vendor stuff. I'll probably end up building it tomorrow.

All the repos for this project are here: https://github.com/htc-first
Once I'm done with it all, I'll see if CM will be willing to accept it and make it an officially maintained device.

once its done you should start a new thread for this...

nice job...that was quick

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
awesome ! thanks for developing for us ! I subscribed to this thread, let me know if you need anything tested

hey rashed...um let me know your address since i live near by, i could come bye once my car is out of the darn repair shop and you can use the actualy device...the car will be fixed in about 2-3 weeks, some chick totaled her car on my cars ass! haha

mukulsoni

Aug 16, 2013
Bangkok

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
The thing is, the lg oo can't run 4.4. Ever. Kit Kat requires alot more ram than our phones have. That's why miui v5 won't work and stuff. So time to move on to another phone. Get one cheap brand new from cellularcountry.com

Sent from my LG-P506 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Rashed97

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
i found another correlation with the HTC One Mini and the HTC First
the Snapdragon 400 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_400
take a look at the screenshot attached here.
1. this means we are capable of overclock beyond 1.7 GHz, so 2 ghz could be possible
2. that means if anything we can just use drivers from the Mini if anything
3. not only can we port cm from the mini, but we could probably port sense 5 as well, and very very successfully integrate the two giving cm a sense 5 skin.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 52

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
i found another correlation with the HTC One Mini and the HTC First
the Snapdragon 400 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_400
take a look at the screenshot attached here.
1. this means we are capable of overclock beyond 1.7 GHz, so 2 ghz could be possible
2. that means if anything we can just use drivers from the Mini if anything
3. not only can we port cm from the mini, but we could probably port sense 5 as well, and very very successfully integrate the two giving cm a sense 5 skin.

im not sure if there would be alot of demand for a sense 5 skinned cm rom, but i guess its something new. oh and JMZ's kernel allows the htc first to overclock upto 1.7Ghz, if you're into that, i think the phone is snappy enough as is.

Kendosis

May 5, 2009
New York
im not sure if there would be alot of demand for a sense 5 skinned cm rom, but i guess its something new. oh and JMZ's kernel allows the htc first to overclock upto 1.7Ghz, if you're into that, i think the phone is snappy enough as is.

Yeah sense 5 would be eww, sense 4 already uses 15% more ram than stock rom imagine sense 5 lol

xnerdx

Nov 8, 2010
I'd be willing to donate some money via paypal, you should post your email so people interested could help you get your hands on a first. They go for bargain bin prices on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ya it is. and there is one already in the forums so rashed has it and is already working on a test build...he is definately very quick at this...so test build will be out quite soon! :good:

I'm not that fast, but this phone isn't that complicated, so yes I might have one for you to test tonight.
    The kernel is done, I'll push that to GitHub in a few min. It's gonna be 3.4.49

Now the device folders and vendor stuff. I'll probably end up building it tomorrow.

All the repos for this project are here: https://github.com/htc-first
    Once I'm done with it all, I'll see if CM will be willing to accept it and make it an officially maintained device.
    No, but I can use a prebuilt kernel. However, that will only be a last resort.

no need to use a prebuilt. i got a kernel building perfectly fine, just not pushed any of my changes to github that's required to build it.

i'll do it once i got CM built and out

btw doing 4.3 is pointless until 4.1 boots

to test my theory that 4.3 won't boot

http://downloads.kanger.me/?dir=unstable/operaul

FULL LOGS if you DO NOT know how to logcat then don't bother with this, also kmsg's and everything else

THE BOOT.IMG INSIDE THE ZIP NEEDS TO BE FLASHED IF YOU ARE NOT S-OFF'D
    I'm running a test build now with the files I pulled from another developer's repos. I know it's gonna need a ton of work but if it actually builds and boots then there won't be much left to do.
    I'd be willing to donate some money via paypal, you should post your email so people interested could help you get your hands on a first. They go for bargain bin prices on ebay.