[DEV] Ginger call recording - deodexed apks to play with(BROKEN)(DEVELOPERS ONLY)

Search This thread

vd69

Jan 3, 2009
Thessaloniki
For everyone that whant's callrecording .
The latest i9000xxjvu firmware with stock or chainfire rooted kernel and the software record my call works just fine . readed in another thread and i test it my self and i can confim it.
Custom kernels dont record after the three seconds delay

mindphaser2k9

May 21, 2009
Poltava
The latest i9000xxjvu firmware with stock or chainfire rooted kernel and the software record my call works just fine . readed in another thread and i test it my self and i can confim it.

Do you mean JVU contains modified audio libraries and allows 2-side call recording from the line (not from mic), is it true?

JuanRamiro

Sep 2, 2010

I think I was the one who said that in Semaphore thread, but it only records through mic (not both sides clearly). I didn't specify this in some of my posts about this issue.... maybe only the first one. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: custom kernels do record (only from mic) after the 3 secs delay (when recording actually starts, 3 secs is the default delay behavior in "Record my call") but the other party will not hear my voice, which is still worse.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21430148&postcount=6574
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21446192&postcount=6638

So... nothing new really... just unable to record calls with some custom kernels

Last edited:

l2tp

Jan 23, 2007
So let's summarize.
We had been waiting for gingerbread for i9088 for ages, probably we have to stop waiting for it now.
So I think we have to find a way to code up missing functionality in AOSP platform, preferably ICS.
I think it's time to start collecting donations and finding a developer to implement this basing on latest sources.
Is there any AOSP rom with call recording for any similar device?
Which steps do we have to perform to code up 2-way call recording?
Do we have to modify some parameters in libaudio*.so sources or do we have to implement new API's etc.?
I hope this discussion will not stop and will continue until some point will be figired.

Reactions: Fuma and xella

antsm

Sep 9, 2010
Siberia
l2tp,
We need to find a way how to route an audio stream from baseband processor. It's a main task.
I suppose it goes to RIL libraries, not only to libaudio-related libs.

By the way, SGS2 has voice call recording out of the box. Why Samsung can't unlock this feature for SGS in latest Value Pack? Since there is no any support for SGS in future, so it could be a farewell gift from Sammy to all customers.
Dreams so dreams...

dangol

Dec 3, 2010
Any chance now, with the value pack new releases of the Korean variant and xxwj4 that the call recording feature can be ported to our device?

jugster

Aug 4, 2010
With the sgs2 rom now running on sgs and sgs2 having record functionality... Does that mean we can have record on sgs using that rom?

signature? signature!

l2tp

Jan 23, 2007
I don't think that it is the end. Probably we can start new thread and start collecting bounty for developers, and look for the one who can develop this, basing, for exampling, on debugging/disassembling existing 2.2 libraries. Xda community is very big, and I think there are people with enough knowledge, but they simply have no motivation for doing this, so we have to motivate them :)

SamHaLeKe

Aug 17, 2010
Brussels
I don't think that it is the end. Probably we can start new thread and start collecting bounty for developers, and look for the one who can develop this, basing, for exampling, on debugging/disassembling existing 2.2 libraries. Xda community is very big, and I think there are people with enough knowledge, but they simply have no motivation for doing this, so we have to motivate them :)

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to reiterate, THIS DOES NOT WORK YET. This thread was created for interested devs who may want the appropriate files to get this going. As far as I know, this doesn't work on anything but the Korean Galaxy.

Ok, so recently the Korean variant of the Galaxy S got a Gingerbread update. (the SHW-M110S)

This phone HAS call recording, and is the best chance of getting call recording to work on Gingerbread.

However, just copying the appropriate files isn't enough. libaudiopolicy.so (the only file needed for recording, as the other 2 broke Fring in the Froyo version) puts the phone into a hard bootloop (doesn't get to boot animation). Phone.apk will force close.

That said, I'm on Darky's 10RC6, which I have previously got into a hard bootloop through a new framework-res.apk suitable for JVB (which it's based on). I encourage you to backup your files and copy these files yourself - if you're lucky, it might work!

I found it a chore to download the entire update tar, mount factoryfs.rfs and extract and deodex the apk and .so files myself, so I'm putting them here to hopefully attract interest in getting this to work.

Attached files are:
    /system/app/Phone.apk
    /system/app/Phone_util.apk
    /system/lib/libaudiopolicy.so
    /system/lib/libaudioflinger.so
    /system/lib/libaudio.so
    /system/framework/twframework-res.apk (required to decompile Phone.apk!!)
    /system/framework/framework-res.apk (Also required to decompile Phone.apk!)

Phone.apk is deodexed (framework apks have no need to be), and because I have the ROM downloaded and mountable, I can attach any other files from the ROM that devs may need.

Phone_util.apk is completely unchanged from JVB, so I doubt it is needed for a successful port.

Good luck to all on getting this to work!

For those interested, the tar is:
    SHW-M110S_Gingerbread_REV03_ALL_VD27-0629_CL164221_mid_user.tar
    Google it if you want to dl yourself a copy.

P.S. Mods - I posted this in dev and not general because I extracted and deodexed the files myself, and there may be more dev exposure here - hoping this is alright. Move if appropriate.
    Call Recording Libraries from I9008 Ported

DEVELOPER ONLY! NOTHING IS PERFECT AS OF NOW!

2 way recording works, however the output file is not proper. It's slow and breaks frequently.

Media Player playback won't work. It requires a small change in the Framework.jar which is not included.

No APKs are included. Install Call Recording applications from the Market.

Tested on XWJVX.
    I guess not. Our focus is on Call Recording. We could fix those issues later. I was planning to release a Call recording ROM.

Have you checked Sound recording? It works perfectly.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    Aaah. Thanks for the Voice Recorder app. Was able to figure out how the recording was taking place.

Made the required changes to the Phone.apk. Recording works fine now. Fixing few bugs before releasing.

Its currently Manual at the moment. After we test it for stability, we can work on automatic recording mod. :)
    Been working on this for 2 days now.

I had 3 objectives
    1. Use the Library files from SHM-m110s Korean Galaxy S on the I9000.

I had to do a lot of changes to the Framework to get the phone to boot. The Audio works fine, but the recording is still 1 way. The only problem here is the RIL, which is different in SHM-m110s, due to a different baseband processor. When swapped with the one on the Galaxy S, the Network doesn't connect and the Baseband version is Unknown along with Lost IMEI. I guess due to the different hardware, its quite difficult to port the call recording from SHM-m110s.

2. Try to use the Froyo libraries on Gingerbread ROM.

Froyo version of the Call Recording worked well, Hence I had tried to port the Froyo version to Gingerbread directly. I have made some edits to the Library files inorder to change their Function Names. I got the phone to boot after a long and hectic trial and error. However, there are a lot of errors coming up which are related to the Native functions, which clearly indicates that there is some compatibility issue.

3. Try to use the Libraries from Galaxy S II.

Been reading about Galaxy S II managing to record 2 way calls. It was interesting to see if it would work for Galaxy S. I have copied the Libraries from Galaxy S II onto Galaxy S and managed to get the phone to boot. However, the phone gets stuck at the Galaxy S Bootlogo and the Logcat shows that the phone is waiting for "Yamaha Service", which I suppose is something related to the Yamaha Audio chip on the Galaxy S. Since we have a different Audio processing unit on the Galaxy S, its a No go.

Its very very hard to edit the .so files especially if they are based on the ARM architecture. It is possible to make minor edits to the .so files, but its very hard to add new functions or alter existing functions. I guess it would be better if we wait for I9088 to get gingerbread. That would be an easy port I hope. :confused: