[CLOSED] Please Delete this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
sorry, but why is it that only the j5 mods don't let us create a group, direct messaging on xda is not the most efficient way (not that I am disrespecting xda) so having a seperate platform for just quick interaction should be permitted.
This thread is not a development thread; you don't publish your own development here. From "Telegram Chat Channels - Way Forward":
<snip>Only one link to a Telegram support group is allowed in the first post of a development thread on the condition that main support is still provided on XDA. This means you can mention Telegram group: https://t.me/abc in the first post as long as you're providing thorough support in your XDA thread.<snip>
Please note that "Telegram" is just a placeholder.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Manav Harsana

Dec 27, 2019
Galaxy Y Duos
Samsung Galaxy J5

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Oh so can I link a group if all my development takes place here? Because the reason I want to link it is, so that I can quickly show bugs and logs and fix em with someones help.
Affirmative. You can link to your group in the OP of your own development threads. We fully acknowledge that these groups are much better suited to support development e.g. in testing of beta versions. Just acknowledge the requirement to provide thorough support in your XDA threads and to publish your releases on XDA. Not every XDA user wants to join any social media.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Manav Harsana

Dec 27, 2019
Galaxy Y Duos
Samsung Galaxy J5
Affirmative. You can link to your group in the OP o your own development threads. We fully acknowledge that these groups are much better suited to support development e.g. in testing of beta versions. Just acknowledge the requirement to provide thorough support in your XDA threads and to publish your releases on XDA. Not every XDA user wants to join any social media.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Thank you please check if the new changes are fine by the rules

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Thank you please check if the new changes are fine by the rules
Generally, that reads very well.

However, we still have that this thread can't be considered as a development thread because you do not publish own development (even not in alpha stage) here.
But I'm happy to exceptionally grant you the link to matrix. Please attempt to "convert" your thread to a development thread within the next seven days. If accomplished within this timeframe, please advise and we move the thread to the development section; otherwise we'll have to remove the matrix link again.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Manav Harsana

Dec 27, 2019
Galaxy Y Duos
Samsung Galaxy J5

However, we still have that this thread can't be considered as a development thread because you do not publish own development (even not in alpha stage) here.
But I'm happy to exceptionally grant you the link to matrix. Please attempt to "convert" your thread to a development thread within the next seven days. If accomplished within this timeframe, please advise and we move the thread to the development section; otherwise we'll have to remove the matrix link again.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
sir the problem is that I have just started the build process and this is a completely new OS to this device, so making this will definitly take time I will try to complete atleast one build asap, also can you recommend the changes I should make so that the link does not get removed after a week, I don't mind keeping the thread here. Due to my exams their are high chances that the build will take longer.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
sir the problem is that I have just started the build process and this is a completely new OS to this device, so making this will definitly take time I will try to complete atleast one build asap, also can you recommend the changes I should make so that the link does not get removed after a week, I don't mind keeping the thread here. Due to my exams their are high chances that the build will take longer.
You could try to at least publish an alpha version. But I suggest to make very clearly to everybody and to post very prominently that it's an alpha version and that it might brick a device. Please do not forget to give credits when credits are due as we take rule 12.1 of the XDA Forum Rules very seriously, and as seriously we enforce the GPL i.e. you must post a link to your kernel source. More information regarding latter available here:
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Manav Harsana

Dec 27, 2019
Galaxy Y Duos
Samsung Galaxy J5
You could try to at least publish an alpha version. But I suggest to make very clearly to everybody and to post very prominently that it's an alpha version and that it might brick a device. Please do not forget to give credits when credits are due as we take rule 12.1 of the XDA Forum Rules very seriously, and as seriously we enforce the GPL i.e. you must post a link to your kernel source. More information regarding latter available here:
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
I am so happy to hear that xda supports GPL, the reason I am porting halium is to achieve freedom software at a higher level, so don't worry I always give credits and yes all source codes will be released as soon as I am done with the first build. Till then anyone can access a copy of current source code by accessing my ssh server (you will need to ask me for the access though).

• Love

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
I am so happy to hear that xda supports GPL, the reason I am porting halium is to achieve freedom software at a higher level, so don't worry I always give credits and yes all source codes will be released as soon as I am done with the first build. Till then anyone can access a copy of current source code by accessing my ssh server (you will need to ask me for the access though).
That's great to hear. And we're not only supporting GPL, as I said we're enforcing it as it comes with the genes of XDA and its spirit. In case you've "maintenance requirements" (like a thread move, closure etc.) just use the report function and the "next available moderator on duty" will handle it or contact any of the moderators of my team. You'll find their names here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lK5rP103OL3StU3q9iqwX9LU_k8XABeSQIAT3EHCqgM/pub
Be aware that private messages might not directly be replied as we're all volunteers (and you can count the number above) who do this "job" for free and without any benefits beside our real lifes, real family and friends, real business and occupations.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Manav Harsana

Dec 27, 2019
Galaxy Y Duos
Samsung Galaxy J5
That's great to hear. And we're not only supporting GPL, as I said we're enforcing it as it comes with the genes of XDA and its spirit. In case you've "maintenance requirements" (like a thread move, closure etc.) just use the report function and the "next available moderator on duty" will handle it or contact any of the moderators of my team. You'll find their names here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lK5rP103OL3StU3q9iqwX9LU_k8XABeSQIAT3EHCqgM/pub
Be aware that private messages might not directly be replied as we're all volunteers (and you can count the number above) who do this "job" for free and without any benefits beside our real lifes, real family and friends, real business and occupations.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Thank you noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Thank you noted