[DEV HELP] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Hey guys :)

Some of you already now it, I am building AOKP.
I will not release it before Bytecode has his lappy back though, cause I want him on my side. Actually, I want to be on his side :D

Now to the point: I got an error.

I synced AOKP sources, the ICS-device and ICS-vendor by lupohirp, I removed the "already defined" errors, added lunch combo, edited links to CM/config and sime more stuff.

But I got stuck here:

frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:486: error: 'qBufGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:486: error: expected ';' before 'currentGeometry'
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:488: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:490: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:492: error: expected ';' before 'requiredGeometry'
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:493: error: 'requiredGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:495: error: expected ';' before 'updatedGeometry'
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:496: error: 'updatedGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:501: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:501: error: 'needNewBuffer' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:523: error: 'checkBuffer' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::queueBuffer(int, int64_t, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*)':
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:661: error: 'qBufGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:661: error: expected ';' before 'updatedGeometry'
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:662: error: 'updatedGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:664: error: 'updateBufferGeometry' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::performQcomOperation(int, int, int, int)':
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:806: error: 'NATIVE_WINDOW_SET_BUFFERS_SIZE' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:809: error: 'NATIVE_WINDOW_UPDATE_BUFFERS_GEOMETRY' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::updateTexImage()':
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:857: error: 'isGPUSupportedFormat' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [out/target/product/thunderg/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libgui_intermediates/SurfaceTexture.o] Error 1

Any help is appreciated.

Yesterday I made the build with the -k option. Ofcourse, every package needed was made. If I make a .ZIP of those packages, will it work out?

EDIT: Now running
make otapackage -dik

Greets

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

they got alot of features that is good :) tough i dunno if your phone can handle it that good, be aware the boot animation looks like a pink unicorn ...

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
they got alot of features that is good :) tough i dunno if your phone can handle it that good, be aware the boot animation looks like a pink unicorn ...

Yes I'm aware of everything in that ROM. It's my ROM on my Galaxy Nexus.
But that is not related to the "HELP" here!

I synced Adam's (adfad666) sources, the same error.
_Arjen_ sources, the same error.
Koush sources, same error.
lupo sources, same error.

I am now going to force continue build, and will just include all the packages of the build in a .zip

Let's hope!!!

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
You can't just take these device and vendor files and expect it to build correctly.
Some of the code used isn't compatible with AOKP...
If you want to compile a functional rom you really need to know what you're doing and use some common sense ;)

Not to disencourage you, but it won't work this way :D

Reactions: FPChaim and mDroidd

rukin5197

Jul 26, 2011
Kind of off topic: What is AOKP? Is it based off legit ICS or CM9? Is it anything like CNA? Could you just replace the frameworks and apps and it will work on CM9? Lol, sorry for all the questions, but I built CNA from source and I thought I couldn't build AOKP. Would it be just as easy?

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Kind of off topic: What is AOKP? Is it based off legit ICS or CM9? Is it anything like CNA? Could you just replace the frameworks and apps and it will work on CM9? Lol, sorry for all the questions, but I built CNA from source and I thought I couldn't build AOKP. Would it be just as easy?

Look at Arjen's post

And look at google.

AND NOOOOO! YOu can't simply replace some things and expect it to work.

AOKP

And No, it is not "like" CNA, it is better :D

Reactions: samrox144

iDani3l

Jul 10, 2011
You're missing loads of declarations, which is obvious. Try tracking them down in the AOKP sources if that is a part you ported.

Send from my phone.

Bytecode

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Yeah,we need to trim the device folder down. I wonder if aspee has is cna folder..

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Sephirothrx7

Mar 10, 2009
SANTO André
Hi. On my way to learn more about Android, I am trying to build a ROM and ended up with aokp. Grabing files here and there, after two days of work I managed to build a ROM. I don't know if it is working (I was late for sleep and need to go for college in 30 mins) but I have forked all projects that I used and committed the changes, please take a look at my github, it is sephirothrx7. Made a mistake while branching, will fix that later.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arjen

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Hi. On my way to learn more about Android, I am trying to build a ROM and ended up with aokp. Grabing files here and there, after two days of work I managed to build a ROM. I don't know if it is working (I was late for sleep and need to go for college in 30 mins) but I have forked all projects that I used and committed the changes, please take a look at my github, it is sephirothrx7. Made a mistake while branching, will fix that later.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Let's see if it works...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys :)

Some of you already now it, I am building AOKP.
    I will not release it before Bytecode has his lappy back though, cause I want him on my side. Actually, I want to be on his side :D

Now to the point: I got an error.

I synced AOKP sources, the ICS-device and ICS-vendor by lupohirp, I removed the "already defined" errors, added lunch combo, edited links to CM/config and sime more stuff.

But I got stuck here:

frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:486: error: 'qBufGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:486: error: expected ';' before 'currentGeometry'
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:488: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:490: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:492: error: expected ';' before 'requiredGeometry'
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:493: error: 'requiredGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:495: error: expected ';' before 'updatedGeometry'
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:496: error: 'updatedGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:501: error: 'currentGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:501: error: 'needNewBuffer' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:523: error: 'checkBuffer' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::queueBuffer(int, int64_t, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*)':
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:661: error: 'qBufGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:661: error: expected ';' before 'updatedGeometry'
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:662: error: 'updatedGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:664: error: 'updateBufferGeometry' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::performQcomOperation(int, int, int, int)':
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:806: error: 'NATIVE_WINDOW_SET_BUFFERS_SIZE' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:809: error: 'NATIVE_WINDOW_UPDATE_BUFFERS_GEOMETRY' was not declared in this scope
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::SurfaceTexture::updateTexImage()':
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:857: error: 'isGPUSupportedFormat' was not declared in this scope
    make: *** [out/target/product/thunderg/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libgui_intermediates/SurfaceTexture.o] Error 1

Any help is appreciated.

Yesterday I made the build with the -k option. Ofcourse, every package needed was made. If I make a .ZIP of those packages, will it work out?

EDIT: Now running
    make otapackage -dik

Greets
    you people pass the lock screen?

i can boot from the rom of AOKP. but cant go pass lock screen.

here is logcat.

You need to fix permissions for dalvik.
    Lots of errors because dalvik-cache not writeable.
    This is the cause of your problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You can't just take these device and vendor files and expect it to build correctly.
    Some of the code used isn't compatible with AOKP...
    If you want to compile a functional rom you really need to know what you're doing and use some common sense ;)

Not to disencourage you, but it won't work this way :D
    Okay, built from source and now touchscreen isn't working. Did anybbody here get past that issue?

Use inputreader.cpp and android.mk from CM9... its patched for our devices... i dont have the link to that patch in CM gerrit... :(
    In BoardConfig.mk add BOARD_USE_LEGACY_TOUCHSCREEN=true

Edit: Temporary fix- use libinput.so from a Touchscreen Working ICS ROM... :D

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
    One of my fav. rom :)
    I guess you used Lupohirp's current device & vendor folder; which is incomplete. Still many files are missing