• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV][HOW TO][WIP] 64bits ROMs and TWRP

Search This thread

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
First of all, yes, we can now run 64bits ROM on our phone.
But actually we have to run app_process (system server) as 32bits, mainly cause of sensors non working actually with a 64bits system server.

More to come next, vendor tree is still missing many 64bits blobs, and some of our proprietary services still run in 32bits mode too.

What's needed:

Check commits history of those repos to grab needed changes.

A 64bits TWRP is available here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQL-RaZh5BeBq8ARg8EBrvma4RtnhGtk/view?usp=sharing (mandatory to flash 64bits ROM)
A 64bits MultiROM TWRP is available here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6-Tz_7kDyxsNGp2V2ZBRV9TV1U (thx to @GtrCraft)

BoulzorROM is available here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQxlUSxrzH1Sq6L5c_ItZI_qtihfUUtM/view?usp=sharing
Validus is available here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-aNOD0ef3a1hqnUEeDaNs0GSgKMFBVgy (thx to @GtrCraft)

Some ROMs are almost ready to be shared here soon, stay tuned !

FAQ :
Q : I have an error regarding armv8-a not supported
A : Switch TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT to armv7-a-neon

Last edited:

ckret

Sep 22, 2010
so what do testers say?
my g5+ is still locked and I am too busy to unlock flash and test but 64bit rom may be worth time

Ambar Kambli

Jan 12, 2016
Tysm Vache ... Best Dev I have ever seen .... Blessed to buy Moto G5 Plus and now I won't regret that I couldn't Buy Moto G5S Plus as it doesn't have any Development ONN!!

Last edited:

robot_head

Jun 13, 2015
las vegas
so what do testers say?
my g5+ is still locked and I am too busy to unlock flash and test but 64bit rom may be worth time
You definitely need to plan some alone time with your phone. For everything that it does for you do not neglect it. Don't you think your phone wants a 64-bit ROM just like all the other flagships.. so yes definitely set aside some time unlock your bootloader flash TWRP and get this ROM. Don't forget we are on arm64 gapps

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mtp_Dallas

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
So, some people here trying to take me down. You win. I can't handle haters anymore. Let us show how you can do better things
If you're maintainer, fork 64bits repos asap, i'll delete boulzordev potter repos tomorrow, as well as BoulzorROM org.

Happy flashing and happy #64bich

Cya.

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
So, some people here trying to take me down. You win. I can't handle haters anymore. Let us show how you can do better things
If you're maintainer, fork 64bits repos asap, i'll delete boulzordev potter repos tomorrow, as well as BoulzorROM org.

Cya.
But sir why??? The normal people around know who does the hard work in bring up the device tree, etc.....why let one egotistic brat think he owns the world because he can do a repo sync of and already build devicee tree and sources....most of us know who does the hard work...just ignore the krackflashers...

Sir i sold my Pixel because you were here turning my cheap moto g5 wit sd625 into a pixel....

You even covered for Lenovos incompetence & brought 64bit to a 32 bit device...thats next level dedication..why leave that bc of some ignorant self-righteous prick....ur letting em win...

Last edited:

sandy108

Aug 31, 2015

Cya.
With all due respect sir, you're the only reason I bought phone.. I'm seriously not kidding... The specs didnt matter.. development from a person like you did... Please don't abandon us... We always know you're the guy who does the hard work... I'm sure the guys who try to bring you down can do nothing without you.. Please have a change of heart

Sent from my XT1686 using Tapatalk

ckret

Sep 22, 2010

Cya.

w the hell? I am sorry that trolls trying to ruin your day.

thanks for the work you have done on maintaining this device

I bought you some beer :)

Reactions: mxc42

CreasingMass Dev

Jul 16, 2014
C. Izcalli
Sorry for noob question. What's the advantage of using 64-bit from? Thank you
You get to use the Camera NX app from the Nexus 5x with Zero-lag-shutter and HDR+ on this phone now.
Rom is smooth af too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171121-123148.jpg
    Screenshot_20171121-123148.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 2,337

CreasingMass Dev

Jul 16, 2014
C. Izcalli
Not everything is working, at least what I tried. Slowmo crashes the app and panorama as well. What is the version you are using?
i haven't tested slowmo nor panorama in the app (i never use that) but everything else is working for me, i'm using this one https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zg3J0_NIccghtdj3nKuyyuHKs5VEegxh
Which ROM you flashed?
BoulzorROM, the one in OP with nano 8.0 arm64 opengapps and supersu

Top Liked Posts