[DEV] ICS for SGS i9000 - Uploaded - DEVELOPMENT ONLY

Search This thread

galnet

Jul 6, 2010
Prestwick
www.galnet.co.uk
Taking a break from MIUI over the weekend we thought we'd work on trying to port ICS over to the SGS.

icecream2.jpg

Please note the version posted will be a proof of concept version, and IS NOT for daily usage nor for people unknown to flashing etc.

It is being posted for development purposes only, however Lttldvl and I wish for this to be an open community, and which for other developers to help fix the issues that are still present.

The rom DOES NOT currently get passed the lockscreen, as touch sensors and screen resolution need fixed.

Edit: using 2 fingers or back key and menu key will get you past lockscreen.

This is a product of open source, let's see what WE CAN ALL DO with it..!

How to flash:

Exactly the same process as MIUI or CM7

DOWNLOAD NOW

http://rommaster.miuiscotland.co.uk/ICS-alpha-galnet-lttldvl.zip

Galnet and Lttldvl

Last edited:

Azerty16

Aug 2, 2009
@Galnet, it look amazing but it isn't useless for a stable port to use the SDK and not the source code?

Reactions: Perks

tomatenjungee

Apr 7, 2010
You made my pants turn wet :0 keeping fingers crossed for that to work! I've actually moved away from Cyanogen,MIUI cause of easy usability of Sammy ROMs and UKW Radio. If GPS, Bluetooth, Data would work i'll marry you right away. You saved me from buying a Galaxy Nexus or at least a Nexus S. All the best to your work. Will donate for sure if this suceeds (so should the others getting wet pants) :)

superbar

Dec 2, 2009
Wow, this is something! I hope it will be stable enough to use

Sent from my GT-I9000 GALNET MIUI using XDA App

ktuluz

Sep 1, 2010
Coffs Harbour
twitter.com
Looks interesting. Have a i9000 here on cm7 ATM need something to flash.
Can't sleep.. let me know if I can be of testing assistance. Btw I and i hope others understand this is a port so wont be fully "stable" and bug free. If u need your phone for important phone calls or to take pictures of a family event.. wait for galnetmiui or cm7 source based drop. As for me.. I am bored feed me some ics Love

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
I think many things wont work fine, image clearly shows that pointer is their so its not for your daily use guys. Let them work on it for some time and it will be just for some enjoyment in its early stage.
Edit: its also the orange version of ics from the sdk not the original blue ics.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Fikman

Aug 4, 2010
Novi Pazar
Nice news , I hope the galnet and ltldvl bring us rom for testing soon, can`t wait.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Siberian Tiger

Retired Senior Moderator / Tiger's Eye
Dec 4, 2010
Piraeus
Downloading now :D

Just kiding :p, but i can't wait

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5FF55FF5F5F5F55F5F5F5FF55F5F5F5FF55F5F5F5FF55F5F5F5F5F5FF5F55F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5FF5F5F55F5F5FF55F5F5FF5F5F55F5FF5F5F5F5

pffffff i'm tired :rolleyes::);)

marwan91

Mar 17, 2011
Woot really nice news from galnet.. i cant w8 xD

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Taking a break from MIUI over the weekend we thought we'd work on trying to port ICS over to the SGS.

icecream2.jpg

Please note the version posted will be a proof of concept version, and IS NOT for daily usage nor for people unknown to flashing etc.

It is being posted for development purposes only, however Lttldvl and I wish for this to be an open community, and which for other developers to help fix the issues that are still present.

The rom DOES NOT currently get passed the lockscreen, as touch sensors and screen resolution need fixed.

Edit: using 2 fingers or back key and menu key will get you past lockscreen.

This is a product of open source, let's see what WE CAN ALL DO with it..!

How to flash:

Exactly the same process as MIUI or CM7

DOWNLOAD NOW

http://rommaster.miuiscotland.co.uk/ICS-alpha-galnet-lttldvl.zip

Galnet and Lttldvl
    Ok, i'll start a new thread as soon as i reach home, now another heads up:

2g/3g up and running ok..

Cheers
    Finally im able to post in dev section.

I don't have a i9000 (international) i have an i9000b, so far scroll for i9000b version works, i'll re check the patch and compile a new version for i9000 today to see if that fix the scrolling.

Flicker is due to hardware acceleration still not working, i'll continue checking on that.

i've tryed syndtr sources but pvr still does not work.

cheers
    Quick heads up:

Sdcard working (internal at the moment, external probably in some time)

Hardware acceleration gralloc is not giving errors, however, it gives bad device so i have to find the correct drivers.

i cannot upload the image now (at work, dang firewalls) i'll try to get a couple of more things working before i upload it tonight

Cheers.
    Back on game, sorry for the delay (i was needing some sleep :p )

I9000 kernel update (it should fix the touch screen)

http://www.multiupload.com/REABV0MQ6J

Update also contains the SD card enable files.

I9000b update

http://www.multiupload.com/U8EZ8C5PFF

Kernel does not have a biggest changes, but update include sdcard enable files.

Cheers.