[DEV][JB][Samsung Galaxy GT-I5510]Unofficial Cyanogenmod 10

Search This thread

Ajay191191

Feb 20, 2011
JBCM10.jpg

This is it folks. The unofficial Cyanogenmod 10 by Ajay D. and Ajay Al. ! Built from source and it is fast !​

Screenshots :
1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

Working:
  • WiFi
  • 3G/2G
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Call
  • Headset
  • ADB
  • SDCard
  • Vibration

Partially working :
  • Keyboard. To use virtual keyboard disable physical keyboard from Language and Input -> Default, after every reboot.
  • Camera/Video
  • Sensors

Not Working:
  • Media Scanner
  • When using headphones mic don't work

Forever broken :
  • Video
  • Native tethering

How to flash :
  1. Download the zip and place it in sdcard
  2. Boot into CWM.
  3. Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.
  4. Install zip form sdcard -> Choose the zip.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Enjoy !!

Credits :
  • Jellaxy Team
  • The Whisp
  • WillingMagic

Refer to this link for freeing up space : Link

P.S : This is far from a stable rom. So please don't grovel. Grovelling is demoralizing for us ! Please help us making it better.

Last edited:

Ajay191191

Feb 20, 2011
Downloads :

cm-10-20121015-UNOFFICIAL-callisto : Click here to download!

For gapps and other scripts : Spideroak.

Instructions :
To enable or disable softkeys download "Cyanogenmod 10 Softkeys Enabled/Disabled.zip" and flash through CWM.
To flash gapps download "gapps-jb-20121015.zip" and flash through CWM.
Instructions for App2sd at "JB_A2SD.txt"

Last edited:
G

GuestD2157

WOW. This is awesome!
I will try it!

but, media scanner not working, does it mean I must reboot my phone to rescan my media?

Sent from my GT-I5510 using xda app-developers app

ajay.al

Oct 28, 2011
calicut
Why does it say "forever broken: video".
Does it mean that we're never gonna get video (recording or playback) on jellybean?
GREAT, GREAT WORK.

qualcomm didn't release the necessary files for our device to have video playback on jb for msm7x27. so we can't have hw video playback

media scanning don't work ..a lot of devices hve that bug running cm10
(quickpic from play store should solve gallery )

Last edited:

Ajay191191

Feb 20, 2011
Why does it say "forever broken: video".
Does it mean that we're never gonna get video (recording or playback) on jellybean?

Yeah..we need OpenMax libraries from Qualcomm which we dont have for armv6,so we cant get hardware video decoding. And i dont think they r releasing them..

Btw here are the petitions for the same :
https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdevnet-forums/multimedia-optimization-qdsp/13248
http://www.groubal.com/ics-compatible-openmax-il-compiled-for-armv6-from-qualcomm/.

Vote there to increase our chances of getting them !

G

GuestD2157

I tried it and I found some bugs (i know this is not a stable rom)

Some Apps forceclose (this is not important for me) and I cant go directly to the homescreen
(the homebutton didnt work / the homebutton of the softbuttonbar)

I reflash it.. this is not the problem

UPDATE:
I removed some apps (incl. latinime), reboot it, flashed gapps, reboot it the 2. time and pasted latinime... Now everything works!

Thanks for that Rom !

Last edited:

ajay.al

Oct 28, 2011
calicut
those having problems in flashing gapps or jb rom.

its because of less system memory

open the rom with winrar.
delete unwanted apps from system/apps
(use your brain if you are not able to delete ,use a different rom.zip(like cm7) delete everything in it and copy everything from jg rom to it and try )

delete latinime.apk which is the software keyboard .will give you a lot of space

then flash again .
whipe data and cache and reboot

Hedzx

Mar 18, 2011
So far I just installed the ROM, didn't put the gapps.
One thing I noticed in this android version is that text and some icons are too small for the screen on this device, maybe because new devices have all bigger screen, or might be better with another theme. Or I might just get used to it.
Here is the minor issues that are more relevant to me :

. Alarm clock does not have sound? only vibration to me (edit, seems ok after installing gapps and reboot)
. physical keyboard have some wrong keys associated, for example the "?" and ")"
. the max clock of CPU was set to 806 by default, this was causing some instability to me, after down to 600 max all was ok.
. when card PIN is asked, I cant see characters, I get the feeling that i am not writing but in fact I am.
. I can't seem to get SU, and terminal does not launch
. I can't find google play, install it manually but it gives me error and closes

update: about the middle button(home button), If i install the rom,reboot, then gapps it works, if I install both and boot it does not work.

in general seems a very good room even if not completely stable.i will stick with it for now.

Last edited:

ame316

Jun 15, 2012
Gorla Minore
I flashed it yesterday. I removed latinIMEI, trebouchet, and other apps to flash gapps. Before reboot the phone, i've done a fix permission and the home button is working. It's better than i thought. Good job.

Inviato dal mio GT-I5510 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: joao maximo

Hedzx

Mar 18, 2011
Were anyone able to run google play? I just installed the gapps provided here, and cant find it.

G

GuestD2157

Were anyone able to run google play? I just installed the gapps provided here, and cant find it.

You must remove some system apps like latinIME. Or you wont habe enough system space...

Top Liked Posts