Kernel Flasher is an Android app to flash, backup, and restore kernels.
- Flash AK3 kernel zips
- Backup and Restore kernel partitions
- Mount, Map, and Resize vendor_dlkm
- Save dmesg and logcat
Planned and Potential Features
- Add support for FKM update json format
- Allow selective backup and restoration of raw partitions
- Display hashes for all partitions
- Add a log to the restore command
- Periodically check update json URLs automatically in the background?
- Verify hashes after backup and restoration?
- Add a setting for preferred hashing algorithms?
- Named backups? notes?
- Reallow flashing to the inactive slot?
- Backup helper modules?
When making a backup of the active slot, to save time, it is assumed that the kernel on disk is the same as the running kernel. The Check Kernel Version button can retrieve it from disk prior to backup.
After restore (or flash from AK3), the updated contents of
vendor_dlkmcan't immediately be backed up. Unmounting, unmapping, then remapping it can make it available for backup.
AK3 helper modules are not backed up. Flashing the AK3 zip is preferable. The backup function is mostly intended for stock.
@osm0sis for AK3, feedback, and general guidance
@eng.stk & @Freak07 for feedback, advice, and encouragement
@phhusson for lptools
@topjohnwu for Magisk and libsu