Themes / Apps / Mods [DEV] Kernel Flasher

Search This thread

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi , thanks for the great app
Supports flashing vendor_ dlkm , vendor_ boot img also?..( asking because if yes ..i can restore stock kernel on my p6pro without using a pc)..it could be useful

Last edited:

capntrips

Aug 29, 2020
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
This is looking great! My only feedback is that it would be nice if when displaying kernel version it would also show the build # a lot of developers use to show their versions/revisions.

E.g. 4.19.110+blu-spark-OOS #130

This is done in my personal build, will be included in the next release. For long kernel strings, you can tap the text to reveal the whole thing. The full string will be included in any new backups, as well.

Supports flashing vendor_ dlkm , vendor_ boot img also?..( asking because if yes ..i can restore stock kernel on my p6pro without using a pc)..it could be useful

Yes, it supports boot, vbmeta, dtbo, vendor_boot, vendor_dlkm, init_boot, and recovery on the devices that include them. For logical partitions (vendor_dlkm), it uses the same method as AK3 to flash it. The note about lptools from my last message applies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kernel-flasher-1.jpg
    kernel-flasher-2.jpg
    kernel-flasher-3.jpg

Kernel Flasher is an Android app to flash, backup, and restore kernels.

Features
    • Flash partition images and AK3 kernel zips
    • Backup and Restore kernel partitions
    • Mount, Map, and Resize vendor_dlkm
    • Save dmesg, logcat, and ramoops
    • Check for kernel updates

Notes

When making a backup of the active slot, to save time, it is assumed that the kernel on disk is the same as the running kernel. The Check Kernel Version button can retrieve it from disk prior to backup.

Depending on the method used, the updated contents of vendor_dlkm may not be immediately available for backup after flash or restore. This can be resolved by unmounting, unmapping, then remapping it.

AK3 helper modules are not backed up.

Credits

@osm0sis for AK3, feedback, and general guidance
    @eng.stk & @Freak07 for feedback, advice, and encouragement
    @phhusson for lptools
    @topjohnwu for Magisk and libsu

Latest Update

2022-08-31 v1.0.0-alpha11
    This is looking great! My only feedback is that it would be nice if when displaying kernel version it would also show the build # a lot of developers use to show their versions/revisions.

E.g. 4.19.110+blu-spark-OOS #130

This is done in my personal build, will be included in the next release. For long kernel strings, you can tap the text to reveal the whole thing. The full string will be included in any new backups, as well.

Yes, it supports boot, vbmeta, dtbo, vendor_boot, vendor_dlkm, init_boot, and recovery on the devices that include them. For logical partitions (vendor_dlkm), it uses the same method as AK3 to flash it. The note about lptools from my last message applies.
    Can you please leave the kernel installation log opened after the process ends with an error? Currently it's impossible to see what went wrong since the log disappears instantly and is being replaced by an error screen.
    That is already done in my own personal test version of the app, but I haven't had a chance to clean it up and get it released. I'll make an effort to get that done this evening.

I've got several other enhancements planned, but most of my focus has been on Hashtree Patcher lately, though I think that is nearly wrapped up. I'll try to get the installation log issue fixed asap, then I'll work on the rest over the next few days.
    A new build is up, and here are the changes:

added partition image flashing
    added selective backup and restore
    added output console for backup and restore
    listed partition hashes

While the app now displays the hashes of the backed up images, it does not display the live partition hashes. If this is something you might find useful, feel free to comment.

This build wraps up all of the major planned features, and assuming no significant issues arise, this will be the last alpha build, and the next few builds will likely focus on cleaning things up a bit.

The biggest remaining changes are related to the Updates feature, and I imagine they'll be the bulk of the next build.

Note: This build does not include the latest build of lptools, so be careful with the restore function after an OTA. See here for details. It will be included in the next build.
    A new build is up, It adds the ability to check for and download updates from FKM style update URLs. There are still a few things that need to be added in a future build:
    • it does not provide the option to flash directly
    • it does not check for updates automatically (either on-load or in the background)
    • it does not validate the input in the url field
    I'm still undecided on doing periodic checks in the background. If this is something you want, feel free to comment.

I'm planning to add manual image flashing next.