• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DEV][KERNEL[MOD] Lenovo A6020 L36 / A46 (Vibe K5 / Vibe K5 Plus)

Search This thread

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
I respectfully disagree. Cm have more bugs than stock (on my stock all including video works eg), and it would be wonderful to have stock based kernels with some extras, as cpu, gpu and memory controls.

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I respectfully disagree. Cm have more bugs than stock (on my stock all including video works eg), and it would be wonderful to have stock based kernels with some extras, as cpu, gpu and memory controls.
I don't know the variant you have, but stock rom of mine (L36 variant) have some very irritant bugs, like no notification or no led, volume down without reason and others.

Because of this and other stuff, I prefer PAC ROM.

Sent from my pac_A6020 using XDA-Developers mobile app

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
I have L36 also. The notifications don't show up because the app is force closed by memory management; all you have to do is uncheck "restrict startup" and check "notifications" on app details. Mine works as expected. Or, if you like to completely disable that weird memory management, just freeze that app with titanium backup.
The volume down is related with earphones, so you just have to check it after removing earphones, or better, make tasker to do it automatically for you every time you remove it.
But the problems with noise audio and no video record on pac/cm you can't solve. That's unacceptable to me.

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I have L36 also. The notifications don't show up because the app is force closed by memory management; all you have to do is uncheck "restrict startup" and check "notifications" on app details. Mine works as expected. Or, if you like to completely disable that weird memory management, just freeze that app with titanium backup.
The volume down is related with earphones, so you just have to check it after removing earphones, or better, make tasker to do it automatically for you every time you remove it.
But the problems with noise audio and no video record on pac/cm you can't solve. That's unacceptable to me.

I don't want to be a "devil's lawyer", but let me say with all respect...

Unacceptable to me is a product developed by a multinational company, with a huge team of people payed to develop a product which consumers expect to be 100%, and it don't. This is stock rom.

Is A LOT different from a product developed by enthusiasts, often specialized people in the subject and who love to do this sort of thing for pleasure, and even non-profit. This is PAC.

Don't take me bad, is only my opinion, as you have yours.

That sayed, let me explain a thing: unchecking "restrict to start" don't work for all apps, and may vary from phone to phone. I'm a member of a Brazilian facebook's group related with K5, and a lot of people already unchecked it and still not working. Instagram, facebook, OLX, ColorNote, MercadoLivre are some apps people report don't have notifications.

This is a bug, as volume problem and some minor are. Yes, I can't solve PAC bugs, as I can't solve stock bugs also. But can YOU solve the stock rom bugs also? I mean SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Using third part apps to have functions working as they have to be is a palliative, not a solution.

In case of PAC, devs are here almost all time listening us, and they try to solve problems ASAP. Let's make a comparison:
PAC: in early versions, wifi and bluetooth don't work. Two days later, we receive an update, and almost all big problems was solved.
STOCK: Some days ago some users received an update from OTA. Was a long waited update. But... It don't solve the major bugs, and for some users is worse: LED don't lit when a notification comes, and battery life is worse. Some of them report only 4 cores are working.

So, are Lenovo acting like our devs here? I don't think so.

At time: PAC is still in ALPHA stage, so, bugs are expected. Is different from stock, a product (supposed) to be working out-of-the-box. When PAC reaches BETA or higher stage, I believe it will work lighyears better than stock.

Again, don't take me bad. Cheers!

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
No, I do not think that pac's devs are making a bad work in any way! Actually I'm waiting for stable cm and I'll change from stock for sure!
What is unacceptable to me is to live with such big bugs, making some resources unusable as video and, the worst imo, the possibility of having problems in phone calls (I use it for dozens of calls/day on my work). Lenovo's is a trash but everything works and I never got any call problem.
As soon as cm team solve this bugs, I'll go for it.

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
No, I do not think that pac's devs are making a bad work in any way! Actually I'm waiting for stable cm and I'll change from stock for sure!
What is unacceptable to me is to live with such big bugs, making some resources unusable as video and, the worst imo, the possibility of having problems in phone calls (I use it for dozens of calls/day on my work). Lenovo's is a trash but everything works and I never got any call problem.
As soon as cm team solve this bugs, I'll go for it.
I don't have problems with calls. The only way to know if you will have, is make a full backup (very important), install PAC like explained in first post, and test.

If something gets wrong, just restore the backup.

Sent from my pac_A6020 using XDA-Developers mobile app

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
No, not with that bug list yet.
Actually I don't have any problem with stock rom! I've made a simple tasker app to change volume to max after earphones plugged out, and frozen the Lenovo's AppRestriction. Look on task manager that all opened apps just stay as it should be (that screenshot was taken after +1/2h with screen off). And of course as well as notifications.
Backing to topic, that's why it would be great to have stock kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-24-20-16-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-20-16-21.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Breno Spangler

Ironmaniaco

Dec 31, 2013
Bento Gonçalves

Worth to mention the ElementalX Kernel, developed by @flar2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-elementalx-n5-0-44-t2519607

I had this kernel installed on my (now dead) Nexus 5, and it was rock solid. Performance and Battery Saving features worked as expected and if you take a look at the features on the link above, it's an interesting project to merge some code from.

PS. I even bought the ElementalX App, and after having SU enabled on your fone, it was easy to keep the kernel updated. But, it was a kernel officialy supported by the dev...

Last edited:

Pacote-san

Apr 2, 2008
Actually I don't have any problem with stock rom! I've made a simple tasker app to change volume to max after earphones plugged out, and frozen the Lenovo's AppRestriction. Look on task manager that all opened apps just stay as it should be (that screenshot was taken after +1/2h with screen off). And of course as well as notifications.

After trying the stock rom, and now having installed PAC with all the fixes yep...

Its definitely more work since you have to edit some files but after you're done? PERFECT

My Girl's K5 is with the latest beta Pac and

- Video recording is working fine
- No brightness issue
- Microphone volume is fine
- Memory management is fine

Everything is running smooth as butter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people. My device is not listed in DEVDB options, so I must have to create this thread instead a DEVDB project. If it is wrong, please advice me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm creating this thread to give us more space to create a ROM for our device, like a step-by-step to things we have to do or not. I'll edit this thread with more details when I have more time, but for now, thats what we have done, and I think we need to do:
    • Root (Thanks to Chainfire)
    • Custom recovery (thanks to Shreps)
    • Choose a kitchen to manage the ROM
    • Discover kernel options
    • Choose apps to add/remove
    • A custom app to manage various phone settings, like kernel options, battery settings, and others
    • Edit build.prop to get right device management
    • Edit boot.img to have unsecure boot

Help me to add or remove things to the list above, to have a structured plan to build the whole ROM (boot, recovey, system), because last time I manage a ROM was a long time ago, I think about 2010 (was on Xperia X2), and was only for me (my "project" wasn't public). From that time for actual days, I don't manage/create nothing "solid" and structured anymore... And I'm sure all things have changed/updated/died/etc...

To help start familiar with new kitchens (the last was DSIXDA Kitchen), I have choose SuperR's Kitchen. I try to use it inside Cygwin, but it gives me an error while opening, I'm investigating this. So, I setup a virtual machine with Ubuntu in my house, and I have remote access to it from my work. In this VM, I setup the kitchen and (after a time to setup the right Java) it is running fine.

So, let's go, people. I'll edit this post as news are coming.

[UPDATE]What I have found:
    1. If "Google Photos" is removed, then Gallery don't crop wallpapers, or adds a image to a contact;
    2. Titanium Backup can't uninstall/integrate some apps and updates. It says "apk not found". I'm trying to use Link2SD;
    3. SuperSU "lose" the configuration, forcing me to remove the apps I added, then run the app again. I'm looking for this
    4. If you remove "Theme Center", you can't change wallpaper and Lenovo Home gives an error!
    5. If you remove "Google App", "Now Launcher" gives errors about force close.
    6. If you remove LenovoID, Settings force close when try to enter "accounts".
    7. If we integrate "Google Play Services" and hard reset the phone, it force close at second stage of first registration.

I don't want to be a "devil's lawyer", but let me say with all respect...

Unacceptable to me is a product developed by a multinational company, with a huge team of people payed to develop a product which consumers expect to be 100%, and it don't. This is stock rom.

Is A LOT different from a product developed by enthusiasts, often specialized people in the subject and who love to do this sort of thing for pleasure, and even non-profit. This is PAC.

Don't take me bad, is only my opinion, as you have yours.

That sayed, let me explain a thing: unchecking "restrict to start" don't work for all apps, and may vary from phone to phone. I'm a member of a Brazilian facebook's group related with K5, and a lot of people already unchecked it and still not working. Instagram, facebook, OLX, ColorNote, MercadoLivre are some apps people report don't have notifications.

This is a bug, as volume problem and some minor are. Yes, I can't solve PAC bugs, as I can't solve stock bugs also. But can YOU solve the stock rom bugs also? I mean SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Using third part apps to have functions working as they have to be is a palliative, not a solution.

In case of PAC, devs are here almost all time listening us, and they try to solve problems ASAP. Let's make a comparison:
    PAC: in early versions, wifi and bluetooth don't work. Two days later, we receive an update, and almost all big problems was solved.
    STOCK: Some days ago some users received an update from OTA. Was a long waited update. But... It don't solve the major bugs, and for some users is worse: LED don't lit when a notification comes, and battery life is worse. Some of them report only 4 cores are working.

So, are Lenovo acting like our devs here? I don't think so.

At time: PAC is still in ALPHA stage, so, bugs are expected. Is different from stock, a product (supposed) to be working out-of-the-box. When PAC reaches BETA or higher stage, I believe it will work lighyears better than stock.

Again, don't take me bad. Cheers!
    Hello people. My device is not listed in DEVDB options, so I must have to create this thread instead a DEVDB project. If it is wrong, please advice me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm creating this thread to give us more space to create a ROM for our device, like a step-by-step to things we have to do or not. I'll edit this thread with more details when I have more time, but for now, thats what we have done, and I think we need to do:
    • Root (Thanks to Chainfire)
    • Custom recovery (thanks to Shreps)
    • Choose a kitchen to manage the ROM
    • Discover kernel options
    • Choose apps to add/remove
    • A custom app to manage various phone settings, like kernel options, battery settings, and others
    • Edit build.prop to get right device management
    • Edit boot.img to have unsecure boot

Help me to add or remove things to the list above, to have a structured plan to build the whole ROM (boot, recovey, system), because last time I manage a ROM was a long time ago, I think about 2010 (was on Xperia X2), and was only for me (my "project" wasn't public). From that time for actual days, I don't manage/create nothing "solid" and structured anymore... And I'm sure all things have changed/updated/died/etc...

To help start familiar with new kitchens (the last was DSIXDA Kitchen), I have choose SuperR's Kitchen. I try to use it inside Cygwin, but it gives me an error while opening, I'm investigating this. So, I setup a virtual machine with Ubuntu in my house, and I have remote access to it from my work. In this VM, I setup the kitchen and (after a time to setup the right Java) it is running fine.

So, let's go, people. I'll edit this post as news are coming.
    nice thread

[*]Titanium Backup can't uninstall/integrate some apps and updates. It says "apk not found". I'm trying to use Link2SD;

I randomly found this thread and noted that you are facing this issue with TB being unable to uninstall some apps. I had the same issue with my device. If you are rooted, navigate to /Cust/Channel/Preinstalled/apps folder (sometimes the "channel" folder may not exist) from your file explorer, you will find the apks for the apps that TB fails to find apk for. Remove the APKs that you don't need and/or move them wherever you feel is right for them, all set :)