• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV] Lollipop for DX. CM12 development

Search This thread
Sep 20, 2014
I'm available to test as well. I know how to recover from possible screw-ups and have no problems wiping over Kitkat for (possibly unstable) Lollipop goodies.

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Is there any wizards on here who are skilled in C and kernels? I honestly have no experience other than adding I/O schedulers and governors which is basic stuff...2.6 (as seen on defy) will make lollipop for shadow lousy and we need to port 3.x kernel from defy or if we can, port 3.1 from moto360...but that'd need a lot of work. m.ksy did amazing work on kitkat and porting 2.6 defy kernel but it'd be nice if there was other skilled people who could assist. Even if you don't know anything, and can find someone who does and has the free time it'd help.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA Free mobile app

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
COMPILE AS SOON AS YOU ARE FINISHED REPO SYNCING @Oggie7797! I WANT LOLLIPOP ON MY DX!:p
jk.

Lol if only it was that easy. It just finished syncing (like literally just now) this is M's territory since he has more knowledge on porting entire android versions than I do so I will just be doing trial and error until something compiles.

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
For anyone willing to set aside some time to help just make sure you can work Google and you have a 64 bit Linux machine with a working build environment. Lollipop WILL NOT compile on a x86 system. I store my android projects in /android and further into each project's subdirectory, but do whatever you want with your directories. I have modified the cm11 local_manifest to build cm12.1 although it doesn't compile succesfully I managed a 90 minute clean build till I had an error, which is impressive since I figured it'd be much shorter than that. My local_manifest can be found on my Gdrive and should be placed in /android/CM12.1/.repo/local_manifests. Keep in mind to show hidden files within Linux you need to use ctrl+h (assuming you're using a GUI instead of terminal.)

Now to get things running hold ctrl+t to open terminal and run:
mkdir android/CM12.1 && cd android/CM12.1 && repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.1 && repo sync -j4
Now move local_manifest.xml where it should go and run
repo sync -j4 && lunch
(select shadow's number and hit enter)
time make otapackage -j4

time is an argument used to count how long the build took, make otapackage is essentially a build command to say "hey make it flashable," and -j# is an argument used to declare how many threads you want to use while you sync/compile.

This WON'T compile but if you edit files to get it to boot (priority #1) please share and upload to Github, collaboration is key to keeping our device alive. Thanks and good luck everyone.

tnp9008

Mar 9, 2009
Longview, Texas
For anyone willing to set aside some time to help just make sure you can work Google and you have a 64 bit Linux machine with a working build environment. Lollipop WILL NOT compile on a x86 system. I store my android projects in /android and further into each project's subdirectory, but do whatever you want with your directories. I have modified the cm11 local_manifest to build cm12.1 although it doesn't compile succesfully I managed a 90 minute clean build till I had an error, which is impressive since I figured it'd be much shorter than that. My local_manifest can be found on my Gdrive and should be placed in /android/CM12.1/.repo/local_manifests. Keep in mind to show hidden files within Linux you need to use ctrl+h (assuming you're using a GUI instead of terminal.)

mkdir android/CM12.1 && cd android/CM12.1 && repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.1 && repo sync -j4
repo sync -j4 && lunch
time make otapackage -j4

time is an argument used to count how long the build took, make otapackage is essentially a build command to say "hey make it flashable," and -j# is an argument used to declare how many threads you want to use while you sync/compile.

This WON'T compile but if you edit files to get it to boot (priority #1) please share and upload to Github, collaboration is key to keeping our device alive. Thanks and good luck everyone.
I'll see if I can work on it, I had my computer syncing the cm12 repo last night into this morning. I'll make sure I can build for my Nexus 4, then I'll see if I can work on it. I'll have to clean the dust off my old DX. ?

Sent from my Moto X(XT1053) using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, lets start work on it :)
    MotoDX-CM12 project on github - https://github.com/MotoDX-CM12
    logo.png
    Not for now. Working on issues.
    I keep working time to time.

Hey M, finished school so I have more time..are you working on CM12 or CM12.1? I am repo syncing cm12.1 now since I removed a lot of repos from my hdd awhile back. Thanks.
    Is there any wizards on here who are skilled in C and kernels? I honestly have no experience other than adding I/O schedulers and governors which is basic stuff...2.6 (as seen on defy) will make lollipop for shadow lousy and we need to port 3.x kernel from defy or if we can, port 3.1 from moto360...but that'd need a lot of work. m.ksy did amazing work on kitkat and porting 2.6 defy kernel but it'd be nice if there was other skilled people who could assist. Even if you don't know anything, and can find someone who does and has the free time it'd help.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA Free mobile app

repo sync -j4 && lunch
    time make otapackage -j4