[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for Allwinner T3, T8 and IntelSC9853(TS9) head units

Search This thread

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Love the app. Went ahead and bought it in the play store. I am having an issue with the logos. I am in Texas and the only logo sets I see to download are in South America. I feel like I must be missing something.
Hi, please change radio region to the other America setttings. Then you'll have all USA states available.

Reactions: ProfSnakes

rambodtm

Feb 10, 2021
Can anyone tell me how to setup Auto Frequency? AF is turned on obviously, but it hardly ever seems to work, so figured there must be some process that I'm not following?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Can anyone tell me how to setup Auto Frequency? AF is turned on obviously, but it hardly ever seems to work, so figured there must be some process that I'm not following?

Does it even work in the original app?
NavRadio can only enable/disable it. The frequency Jump is handled directly by the radio chip

rambodtm

Feb 10, 2021
Does it even work in the original app?
NavRadio can only enable/disable it. The frequency Jump is handled directly by the radio chip

I have no idea. I never used the standard app as NavRadio is much better.

Is the automatic merging of frequencies different to AF in your app? The description says " Automatic merging of alternative frequencies for each station ". Is this just AF then, or is it different? As I say, it seems to automatically swap frequencies sometimes, but not as often as I'd like.

cheers

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
I have no idea. I never used the standard app as NavRadio is much better.

Is the automatic merging of frequencies different to AF in your app? The description says " Automatic merging of alternative frequencies for each station ". Is this just AF then, or is it different? As I say, it seems to automatically swap frequencies sometimes, but not as often as I'd like.

cheers
As i said quality of AF is not controlled by the app but from radio chip.
Whenever AF found an Alternative Frequency of.the station you are listening, NavRadio store this frequency in an array.
For each station it can save up to 9 alternative frequencies and they can be switched easily sliding up/down in the middle of the screen or double clicking on the station button.
Anyway the "Merge of frequencies" can work only on MTC devices because.these units are the only ones that can receive the RDS "id" of the station.
As you are not writing in the MTC thread i believe that you don't even have to worry about this function.
Please.try with original app the AF function...

rambodtm

Feb 10, 2021
As i said quality of AF is not controlled by the app but from radio chip.
Whenever AF found an Alternative Frequency of.the station you are listening, NavRadio store this frequency in an array.
For each station it can save up to 9 alternative frequencies and they can be switched easily sliding up/down in the middle of the screen or double clicking on the station button.
Anyway the "Merge of frequencies" can work only on MTC devices because.these units are the only ones that can receive the RDS "id" of the station.
As you are not writing in the MTC thread i believe that you don't even have to worry about this function.
Please.try with original app the AF function...

I didnt even notice the thread title sorry lol, as mine is a MTC headunit.

Everything works as you say, swiping up and down swaps the frequency. There's just nothing automatic about it lol.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
I didnt even notice the thread title sorry lol, as mine is a MTC headunit.

Everything works as you say, swiping up and down swaps the frequency. There's just nothing automatic about it lol.
Ok then, you should go in factory settings and change radio sensibility from 20db to 30db and see if it get better or set it lower than 20db

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
Tried the free version on an px6 android 9 Mtce_GS Xtron TQ709IPL, work ok, terrific job for the design WOW

I have to double tap the icon, if not, it start in a strange way, is it normal for the free version ?

This app is a life saver, i just bought the 2.0.1 b version, it will be installed tomorrow on the radio

The default Xtron radio app sucks terribly, was so bad i wanted to trash the radio loll and some ota upgrades did not work :(

My only complain is the icon application doesn't size the same way as the main / home page icon(s) say: music player

Just got the radio, im not used to android 9 car radios loll upped from an android 4.4

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
I have to double tap the icon, if not, it start in a strange way, is it normal for the free version ?
No it's not normal, be sure you don't have the original app running before starting NavRadio.
My only complain is the icon application doesn't size the same way as the main / home page icon(s) say: music player
Please post a picture. I don't know which launcher you are using.

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
A follow up on my xtron px6 radio, i have problems with the paid version, i ****ed up the installation ... got installed on my cell phone instead ?? loll, now tried the paid version 201b on the radio, it simply crash ???

Retried twice to pay and reinstall it while i connected the radio on the web, crashed again and got refunded twice without asking ??

Annoyed by the google play store that i can't have/download the navradio apk file and put it on the gps sd card

I only have the free version, the thing i hate is the channels memory buttons, when i change/scan the frequencies, the memory buttons changes to the received/perceived frequencies or the nearest .... ie im actually on a 2x3 setup (number 1 thru 6) and while i scan it change up to number 34, kinda annoying ?

The icon size i've wrote earlier

The two main page icons are 1.25 inch by 2.25 inches, next to the clock ... the free navradio has 0.5 inch by 1.5 inch on the next applications pages, my menu has a rotating selection(s) 1x main and 3 sub pages/menus

Sorry i'm not english native loll

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
A follow up on my xtron px6 radio, i have problems with the paid version, i ****ed up the installation ... got installed on my cell phone instead ?? loll, now tried the paid version 201b on the radio, it simply crash ???

Retried twice to pay and reinstall it while i connected the radio on the web, crashed again and got refunded twice without asking ??

Annoyed by the google play store that i can't have/download the navradio apk file and put it on the gps sd card

I only have the free version, the thing i hate is the channels memory buttons, when i change/scan the frequencies, the memory buttons changes to the received/perceived frequencies or the nearest .... ie im actually on a 2x3 setup (number 1 thru 6) and while i scan it change up to number 34, kinda annoying ?

The icon size i've wrote earlier

The two main page icons are 1.25 inch by 2.25 inches, next to the clock ... the free navradio has 0.5 inch by 1.5 inch on the next applications pages, my menu has a rotating selection(s) 1x main and 3 sub pages/menus

Sorry i'm not english native loll
What a mess...
I hardly understand what you have done and what you are doing or trying to do.
If you are not confident with google PlayStore ask somebody to help you on to that. (I can't)

What crash? The app? The web browser? What?

About the icons i asked you a picture.
Please upload a pic somewhere so I can see it.

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
okay, i've done some mistakes and i'm bad in english explaining things

here's some photos of my radio menu(s), i'm with your navradio+ 1.27 free version

This is the default radio front end menu icons, the radio was factory resetted, and i was able to reinstall the free version

just wish i could pay you the latest version and have the file outside google play and put it on a sd card, i use the included apk installer of the radio to install anything i want in it ?

Here's the icons i was talking about, i had to maintain my finger on the icon to slide it on the radio main/home page

If i put the icon there, it will stay the same size, not the size of the installed original radio application seen on the right

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_140327.jpg
    IMG_20210227_140327.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210227_140423.jpg
    IMG_20210227_140423.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 26

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
okay, i've done some mistakes and i'm bad in english explaining things

here's some photos of my radio menu(s), i'm with your navradio+ 1.27 free version

This is the default radio front end menu icons, the radio was factory resetted, and i was able to reinstall the free version

just wish i could pay you the latest version and have the file outside google play and put it on a sd card, i use the included apk installer of the radio to install anything i want in it ?

Here's the icons i was talking about, i had to maintain my finger on the icon to slide it on the radio main/home page

If i put the icon there, it will stay the same size, not the size of the installed original radio application seen on the right
The Big original radio icon that you are talking about is a widget, not an app icon.
(You should have also an icon of the original app)
You should remove that widget and use the NavRadio widget instead.
Anyway every company use its own launcher and the behaviour canned different in all of them.

I'm sorry but i cannot provide you the apk of the full version for safety reasons.
There is a v2.0 free version now in the first post of this thread if you wish.

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
Ahhh okay its called a widget sorry

And the links provided on the first thread : one is the google play, and the other is the version 1.27 not the version 2 ??

I'm not an hacker, i just want to pay and get the file legally and encourage the software maker.

When i did try to install a purchased version, the radio bragged it could not install it before i do an security authorization from external source provider, i was finally installed but it never opened, the only message i had was to force a shutdown or do a removal ??

As i wrote earlier, this app i way better than the original radio app, Xtron answered me there is no OTA updates
And the Navradio+ was my first purchased app, i just removed an old Aliexpress purchased 3 years ago android 4.4 radio and made an huge step in this Xtrron radio. And the old radio had an better radio interface loll.

As i understand with this attached picture i have an MTCE radio based on a PX6 processor ....

And this thread was found when i did search for a radio app substitute

thks

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_151704.jpg
    IMG_20210224_151704.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NavRadio+ version 2.03 is coming out on PlayStore with the following changes/fixes:

- Fixed crash on first installation caused by overlays
    - Fixed frequency set after change in settings
    - Added Autoscan option in dialog when station list is empty
    - Possible fix for double skips in the steering wheel controls
    - Added logos for Aruba in the South America area
    - Added PlayStore link to buy the full version in Settings/About of the free version
    - Other minor fixes...

Both FREE and FULL versions include these changes.
    Sorry if I didn't understand previous posts. Will I get RDS of the stations in full version on quad core T3 P1 unit?
    My app don't add rds. If your unit don't have rds , it will not add it.
    Test the free version for compatibility.
    Full version will give you stations logos and interface customizations.
    [Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for Allwinner T3, T8 and IntelSC9853(TS9) head units

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices. Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, Intel SC9853(TS9) and now the entire family of MTC based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Custom Backgrounds: Predefined, System wallpaper, Solid colors, personal images
    - Color Themes support
    - Text colors changable
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwwineers and TS9 units)
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - Autostart on boot option
    - support 1024x600 and 800x480 display res

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    hello, do you have any news?
    The only news is that I now have an 8227L unit and a px5 s32f0 one.
    I'm working on it but it's not an easy job
    Is it possible to build support in for the FYT Intel Airmont SC9853i units eventually?
    Maybe in a future, right now only TopWay based units with sc9853i are supported.
    I will make a poll of which unit to support next as I need to buy one of these units to start developing sw for it.
    Glad to test for you on PX3 when needed, I really would like to see this for the px3 I'll pay any price for it
    It will take a lot of time to port this app to px5/px3 but i'll try my best to do it in the first months of next year. just be patience a little ;)
    Hi, is it possible to make it work whit Junsun V1 PRO Android Headunit?

Photos attached.

Thank you!!
    Because I need to buy a head unit to adapt the app to it and because I cannot buy every single model of head unit, I'm sorry to say no, it's not possible right now.
    I will probably buy a couple of more units later this year or next year but they will be the most commons out there.
    I'll probably make a poll when I'm ready for it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone