• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for Allwinner T3, T8 and IntelSC9853(TS9) head units

Search This thread

-JHS-

Sep 23, 2012
We are discussing about nordic characters in the other MTC thread.
I thought that having more fonts available could solve your issue but it seem it's not enough.
I'll see what I can do about clock size.

Hi,

Thanks for developing best radio app that I have ever used!!! I just updated into version 02.09 and here's some questions :)

* Any news about Nordic characters?
* In Radio settings, radio can be launch automatically after boot. Now I can hear that radio is on but NavRadio UI is still hidden. Any thought's how this could be fixed?

Default radio is disabled via config, No Radio is on.

BR JHS

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi,

Thanks for developing best radio app that I have ever used!!! I just updated into version 02.09 and here's some questions :)

* Any news about Nordic characters?
* In Radio settings, radio can be launch automatically after boot. Now I can hear that radio is on but NavRadio UI is still hidden. Any thought's how this could be fixed?

Default radio is disabled via config, No Radio is on.

BR JHS
Nordic characters are already fixed since a while. I'm sure they are ok on MTC devices, i don't know on allwinners and ts9.
I removed the option to autostart NavRadio on boot because this option is blocked by cinese firmwares almost on every model.

Which model of head unit do you have?

rino_man

Jun 17, 2021
Hi KoTiX2,

I was wondering, I have a unit with MCU Version stm32-20210109-11-bd6-56.

A. From what I understand, your app is not compatible with this unit, please correct me if I am wrong. Are you planning any upgrades to navradio+ to support these units?

B. If not, are you aware of any other apps that could provide proper radio functionality for my unit (similar to yours)?

Thanks in advance for the reply. If any other member can suggest alternative apps to KoTiX2, please I would be happy to look into them!

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi KoTiX2,

I was wondering, I have a unit with MCU Version stm32-20210109-11-bd6-56.

A. From what I understand, your app is not compatible with this unit, please correct me if I am wrong. Are you planning any upgrades to navradio+ to support these units?

B. If not, are you aware of any other apps that could provide proper radio functionality for my unit (similar to yours)?

Thanks in advance for the reply. If any other member can suggest alternative apps to KoTiX2, please I would be happy to look into them!
A. No. I won't make it compatibile with stm32 units
B. No. I don't know any.

danielh1402

Jan 9, 2014
Hi KoTiX2!

I am using a unit with MCU: Ts9.4.3-100-454-A4C695-201109
I have the full version of navradio and I want to replace stock radio app. I tried to disable stock radio from Applications menu (App Info - Disable) but it still working in background.

If I try to use NavRadio with that and use 1-2-3-4-5-6 buttons, it seems like there is a conflict with stock radio. Do you know any way to replace it correctly? I use a custom firmware (redmod)

Thanks!

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi KoTiX2!

I am using a unit with MCU: Ts9.4.3-100-454-A4C695-201109
I have the full version of navradio and I want to replace stock radio app. I tried to disable stock radio from Applications menu (App Info - Disable) but it still working in background.

If I try to use NavRadio with that and use 1-2-3-4-5-6 buttons, it seems like there is a conflict with stock radio. Do you know any way to replace it correctly? I use a custom firmware (redmod)

Thanks!
You can disable the radio in factory settings menu but i don't know if that will disable the radio hardware too.
Maybe in redmod firmware there is an option to replac ethe original apps with others??

-JHS-

Sep 23, 2012
Nordic characters are already fixed since a while. I'm sure they are ok on MTC devices, i don't know on allwinners and ts9.
I removed the option to autostart NavRadio on boot because this option is blocked by cinese firmwares almost on every model.

Which model of head unit do you have?

Hi,

Sorry about late answer.

Mine HU is TS9. This is Canavie Eight Core HU for Subaru Outback 2016.

I had earlier test version which had this option, left it on --> Maybe this is reason why it is giving me sound :)

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
I tried free demo version of the app and it does not want to scan w/o location permissions. Is location access also a required for paid version of the app?

kidpollos

Nov 18, 2013
I had installed your application on my Xtrons car stereo with px5 processor and it worked perfectly ... it was really good, ... unfortunately the radio had a problem and now it has been replaced with the new model which, however, is equipped with an "AutoChips 825X_Pro processor. (8x Cortex-A53 Octa-core CPU ". I installed the application but the message appears that the hardware is not compatible ... is there any possibility of making it compatible with this radio? (maybe I would also be available for an economic contribution to the cause) thanks

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I had installed your application on my Xtrons car stereo with px5 processor and it worked perfectly ... it was really good, ... unfortunately the radio had a problem and now it has been replaced with the new model which, however, is equipped with an "AutoChips 825X_Pro processor. (8x Cortex-A53 Octa-core CPU ". I installed the application but the message appears that the hardware is not compatible ... is there any possibility of making it compatible with this radio? (maybe I would also be available for an economic contribution to the cause) thanks
I'm sorry but i cannot make it compatibile with all kind of units.
Next model will be a FYT based unit with cpu uis7682

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I tried free demo version of the app and it does not want to scan w/o location permissions. Is location access also a required for paid version of the app?
My app require access to location only to determine the speed of the car and show it in full screen.
Yes full version request it.

-JHS-

Sep 23, 2012
We are discussing about nordic characters in the other MTC thread.
I thought that having more fonts available could solve your issue but it seem it's not enough.
I'll see what I can do about clock size.

Hi,

Sorry about late answer.

Mine HU is TS9. This is Canavie Eight Core HU for Subaru Outback 2016.

I had earlier test version which had this option, left it on --> Maybe this is reason why it is giving me sound :)

If any needs for testing about Nordic chars for TS9 --> I'm more than eager to do it :)

choppertoo30

Jul 1, 2021
Hi i've just bought NavRadio+ for my T3 unit in the UK - radio works however there is no RDS ... any ideas? My mcu is T3L.3.19-100-B51-A49311-210322(MM030) and system version is v8.1.1_20210430.162039 and the radio IC is 8035 it's the T2 model from here Aliexpress

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
If any needs for testing about Nordic chars for TS9 --> I'm more than eager to do it :)
Please tell me if version 2.10 can show Nordic chars in RDS text message.
Hi i've just bought NavRadio+ for my T3 unit in the UK - radio works however there is no RDS ... any ideas? My mcu is T3L.3.19-100-B51-A49311-210322(MM030) and system version is v8.1.1_20210430.162039 and the radio IC is 8035 it's the T2 model from here Aliexpress
It depend on MCU. All T3L units don't have RDS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello buddies, I'm wondering if there are plans to port this super application to uis7862 FYT based firmwares ?
    My intention is to buy a navifly or isudar of these units in August or September and try to port NavRadio to it.
    Is it that hard to port to FYT ?, do you need a physical unit for that ?
    Yes, i need a physical unit to be able to debug and log the communication between Android and MCU.
    It's always a bit hard the porting to a different software base. I need to understand how the FYT handle the MCU, all the radio requests and data, etc..
    [Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for Allwinner T3, T8 and IntelSC9853(TS9) head units

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices. Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, Intel SC9853(TS9) and now the entire family of MTC based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Custom Backgrounds: Predefined, System wallpaper, Solid colors, personal images
    - Color Themes support
    - Text colors changable
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwwineers and TS9 units)
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - Autostart on boot option
    - support 1024x600 and 800x480 display res

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    hello, do you have any news?
    The only news is that I now have an 8227L unit and a px5 s32f0 one.
    I'm working on it but it's not an easy job
    Is it possible to build support in for the FYT Intel Airmont SC9853i units eventually?
    Maybe in a future, right now only TopWay based units with sc9853i are supported.
    I will make a poll of which unit to support next as I need to buy one of these units to start developing sw for it.
    Glad to test for you on PX3 when needed, I really would like to see this for the px3 I'll pay any price for it
    It will take a lot of time to port this app to px5/px3 but i'll try my best to do it in the first months of next year. just be patience a little ;)
    Hi, is it possible to make it work whit Junsun V1 PRO Android Headunit?

Photos attached.

Thank you!!
    Because I need to buy a head unit to adapt the app to it and because I cannot buy every single model of head unit, I'm sorry to say no, it's not possible right now.
    I will probably buy a couple of more units later this year or next year but they will be the most commons out there.
    I'll probably make a poll when I'm ready for it.