[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel), TS10(UIS7862) and TS18(UIS8151)

Search This thread

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Seem to have an issue selecting station logos

I downloaded an icon pack and it does seem to allow me to auto-select most icons without issues however in the UK we have a station called "Heart" and the pack didn't have an icon so I downloaded one and manually put it into the same folder as the other icons

Auto selection doesn't see this new icon so I have to manually select it, with Root Explorer installed I can click to select an icon, find the icon but when I click on it I just get kicked back to my home screen and the icon isn't set. If I uninstall Root Explorer I can't even select the icon as it says no application is available for that action i.e selecting the icon file even though I have a built in file manager app.

Bit disappointing as I've now paid for the app mainly as its customisable and station logo's seemed easy

Also would it be possible to request a new theme? Be nice to have a white theme that selects boxes white and has white text?

For troubleshooting my head unit is an Ownice K6 running latest android 8 firmware and I have latest 1.49 version of NavRadio installed

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Seem to have an issue selecting station logos

I downloaded an icon pack and it does seem to allow me to auto-select most icons without issues however in the UK we have a station called "Heart" and the pack didn't have an icon so I downloaded one and manually put it into the same folder as the other icons

Auto selection doesn't see this new icon so I have to manually select it, with Root Explorer installed I can click to select an icon, find the icon but when I click on it I just get kicked back to my home screen and the icon isn't set. If I uninstall Root Explorer I can't even select the icon as it says no application is available for that action i.e selecting the icon file even though I have a built in file manager app.

Bit disappointing as I've now paid for the app mainly as its customisable and station logo's seemed easy

Also would it be possible to request a new theme? Be nice to have a white theme that selects boxes white and has white text?

For troubleshooting my head unit is an Ownice K6 running latest android 8 firmware and I have latest 1.49 version of NavRadio installed
Ok let me explain a few things...
The allwinner and TS9 units like yours cannot read the RDS id of the radio station. It's a limitation of the MCU.
While MTC units can do it and make the automatic assignment of the logo be very reliable and fast, on your unit the assignment can be done only by scraping the name of the station between all the available logos.
I just added this scraping function in this last release v1.49 and of course it cannot be perfect because I cannot test your country station names in Italy. So don't expect anything precise or fast on this side.
Before this release the assignment was done only manually. Try using totalCommander instead of root explorer or if you can add a photo gallery app would be even better, I don't know why your filemanager can't handle that.
On MTC devices the gallery can find very quickly the images just typing the name.

Please explain better what theme you want: white button with white text? Really? Any sample picture?

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Ok let me explain a few things...
The allwinner and TS9 units like yours cannot read the RDS id of the radio station. It's a limitation of the MCU.
While MTC units can do it and make the automatic assignment of the logo be very reliable and fast, on your unit the assignment can be done only by scraping the name of the station between all the available logos.
I just added this scraping function in this last release v1.49 and of course it cannot be perfect because I cannot test your country station names in Italy. So don't expect anything precise or fast on this side.
Before this release the assignment was done only manually. Try using totalCommander instead of root explorer or if you can add a photo gallery app would be even better, I don't know why your filemanager can't handle that.
On MTC devices the gallery can find very quickly the images just typing the name.

Please explain better what theme you want: white button with white text? Really? Any sample picture?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, its much appreciated

The auto selection of logos wasn't an expected feature for me so the fact that its there's and works nearly 100% is more than good enough for me, good job :good:

Manually selecting logos is what I was expecting and for some reason my head unit just seems to not play ball with every app it seems, your suggestion of a gallery app does seems to have fixed it though, some gallery apps didn't seem to work 100% but "simple gallery" from the play store works 100% so I can now select logos and save them perfectly! Thanks :good:

As for theme I can pretty much set it as I like using the extras menu but there's a couple of bits that cant be changed, a theme that changes these to white or the ability to manually set the colours of these bit's would make it perfect, I've attached a screenshot

Must say best radio app ever! Well worth the purchase I am extremely pleased, thank you :good:

EDIT: Thinking about it, what would look good is that the frequency on the saved stations be grey, the text where its highlighted that says "Heart" be white and text on other stations not playing so "KMFM" and "Radio 1" for example also be grey, that way selected station stands out a little bit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200421-195103.jpg
    Screenshot_20200421-195103.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

gal3_hun

Apr 14, 2020
Hi,

I have a Intel SC9853(TS9) HU but I can't decide it is based on Topway firmware or not. How can I make sure? NavRadio+ installs but crashes after launching.

My original radio app does not support RDS function so I would love to use NavRadio+.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Ok here is the Changelog for the upcoming V1.50:

Added option for widget background color based on logo or normal
Added option to disable frequency grouping on the same station (MTC)
For Allwinner, deactivated settings that only work on MTC
Fixed Temperature display and bug when exiting the app in fullscreen
Fixed AudioFocus on Allwinner for spotify
Automatic assignment of the nationality of the logos according to the language
Station button focus changed (pagination)

As usual, I'll wait some reports from testers before release it to public. Tnx

blaze73

Mar 14, 2014
can not see RDS properly

Hi guys,
Please help me I am running Navradio+ on an Infidnavi Allwinner T8 HU, running android 8.1 :
IPS Touch Screen,1024*600 HD IPS Display Screen

When I am using Navradio+ I just simply can not see the RDS text, its cut in half :
30893_nav.png

No matter what I do I can not get it to work, its unreadable.
Any idea how to fix this? I love the APP but this is very annoying :crying:

Thanks ! :good:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi guys,
Please help me I am running Navradio+ on an Infidnavi Allwinner T8 HU, running android 8.1 :
IPS Touch Screen,1024*600 HD IPS Display Screen

When I am using Navradio+ I just simply can not see the RDS text, its cut in half :

No matter what I do I can not get it to work, its unreadable.
Any idea how to fix this? I love the APP but this is very annoying :crying:

Thanks ! :good:
I replied you by email, I beleive you have a different resolution than 1024*600 or a different dpi set.
I own a t3 1024*600 and everything is displayed fine.
Please post some picture of the entire screen.

blaze73

Mar 14, 2014
I replied you by email, I beleive you have a different resolution than 1024*600 or a different dpi set.
I own a t3 1024*600 and everything is displayed fine.
Please post some picture of the entire screen.
Screenshot-20200426-122525-1.png

This is what I get on the HU. Please let me know if I need to change anything, the T8 is running on Android 8.1

Texts and frequency bars are both messed up :(

Thank you.

killone

Jun 8, 2012
Hi, this app wont work on an Bosion Device. It is an PX6 CPU whit an STM32 MCU. The Radio Chip is TDA7786

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 1.58 is on the way. Here is the changelog:
Initial support for FCC launcher
Media buttons work ok in Agama and Ubiquity widget
Fixed small glitch in title and artist metada
Fixed TA/AF/TP flags visualization for allwinners Added Swipe UP/down in main screen to switch AF freqs
Added Swipe left/right in main screen to change station
Added Trash button in edit dialog to delete selected AF freq

blaze73

Mar 14, 2014
Version 1.58 is on the way. Here is the changelog:
Initial support for FCC launcher
Media buttons work ok in Agama and Ubiquity widget
Fixed small glitch in title and artist metada
Fixed TA/AF/TP flags visualization for allwinners Added Swipe UP/down in main screen to switch AF freqs
Added Swipe left/right in main screen to change station
Added Trash button in edit dialog to delete selected AF freq

"Media buttons work ok in Agama and Ubiquity widget" I am using Agama launcher. What does it mean "media buttons" ?
Looking forward to these changes I am using Allwinner T8 and I am having problems with TP / RDS as I have e-mailed you already.

cheers, Blaze

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
"Media buttons work ok in Agama and Ubiquity widget" I am using Agama launcher. What does it mean "media buttons" ?
Looking forward to these changes I am using Allwinner T8 and I am having problems with TP / RDS as I have e-mailed you already.

cheers, Blaze
Media buttons are left/right arrows in central widget of Agama to switch station next forward.

About TP, it's working ok on my T3 unit with 8.1 firmware. Every time I turn on my unit TP is always on and it receive RDS correctly.

You should try to update or change your firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I bought your app last week. I have two suggestion just in case they were not to hard to implement.
    - When the app starts, couldn’t it be silently (in the background)? (I guess no).
    - If you know Tasker, I can create tasks, for example I can run Waze and make it open with a particular route (i.e. go to work), just adding some data (or commands). With NavRadio I could run the app with a particular radio channel or with low volume…
    Thanks for the app and support.
    Just suggestions, not urgent.
    Hi, you can send an intent to start the service: com.navimods.radio.RadioService

Or you can activate the testMode so you will have an extra icon that can start the service in background.

To enable testMode go to settings/about NR and double click on the NavRadio icon until come out TEST MODE.

Do the same to deactivate it
    I finally added support for the Android 12 TS10S models NavRadio.
    For now just the new 3.21 free version is ready and you can test it here:
    V3.21 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.21 GDRIVE LINK

Full version will come maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy ;)
    [Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel), TS10(UIS7862) and TS18(UIS8151)

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices.
    Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, TS9(Intel SC9853) , TS10 ( UIS7862), TS18(UIS8151) , the entire family of MTC/HCT based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30 and S32F0 units, and FYT devices.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:
    V3.21 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.21 GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on the Google PlayStore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 4 view modes:
    Vertical List Left or Right (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Horizontal Carousel (5-11 items)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwinners,TS9 and TS10 units)
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

---------------------------------- SOME TIPS ---------------------------------------------
    TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.
    For USA and Canada the assignment of the logo is is done by searching the frequency of the station in the logo file name.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    The RDS AF function allow the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak.
    On normal car stereos this function use 2 PLL receivers to hold the old frequency until a new one is found y the second PLL.
    On all Chinese units it's used just one PLL and the function is controlled by MCU and radio chip it self. So when a station become too weak you will notice a frequency scan that will look for another frequency with same station RDS ID code. The scan quality depend on many factors and none of the Chinese units have implemented this function correctly.
    Only the MTC device handle it a bit better than others.
    On FYT units the AF functions is totally wrong and should turned off.
    NavRadio can only switch AF "ON" or "OFF", It cannot improve this function because, as i said,it's handled by MCU.
    Anyway NavRadio can help a bit the users storing the Alternative Frequencies manually: dragging the frequency from middle of the screen and dropping it on to a station button.
    You can save up to 9 alternative frequencies and they can ve selected in the EDIT window or switch between them double clicking on the station button or sliding up/down in the middle of the screen.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)
    @KoTiX2 you have an excellent product for the Topway based platform, do not explode your mind trying to port the app to FYT (I'm talking against my own ideas as I have FYT units) keep doit the great job that you do with NavRadio and making happy your customers.

Anyway many thanks for all the time you spent tryng to find a suitable way to port the app
    I have a little good news:
    Finally I'm now able to set frequency and receive rds infos from my fyt unit and show them in NavRadio+ :D
    I found also a small trick to avoid having all native libs included in the app.
    There is still a lot of job to do but I'm pretty happy that something is finally moving in this unit. :D
    hello, do you have any news?
    The only news is that I now have an 8227L unit and a px5 s32f0 one.
    I'm working on it but it's not an easy job
    @KoTiX2 Do you plan to support UIS8581A?
    Right now i have no plans..
    I will try to add support only to new and very diffuse units.
    I say "TRY" because it's not ensured that i'll be able to do it.
    MTK units for example are a pain in the a** for me because of their use of native libraries that work only on system apps.
    Is it possible to build support in for the FYT Intel Airmont SC9853i units eventually?
    Maybe in a future, right now only TopWay based units with sc9853i are supported.
    I will make a poll of which unit to support next as I need to buy one of these units to start developing sw for it.