• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel) and TS10(UIS7862)

Search This thread

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
Tnx for your report.
As my car don't have can use i cannot test the LCD part.
What is the other app that work for you that you are talking about?
You can find it here

The info to the opel screen passes from the canbus box of the radio.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Reactions: GnFgr

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
NEW Version 2.16 is coming out:

- Added Ecuador logos
- Possible fix for radio info display on canbus for MTC units
- Fixed compatibility for "SF0" models (variant of S32F0 ")
- Fixed "MHz" in notifications

Reactions: iavoreo

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Oops... In this last release i broke the compatibility with TS10 units.
Tomorrow another update v2.17 will be available with the fix.

danielh1402

Jan 9, 2014
Yes RedMOD have the option to replace original apps by others
Where is it? I was searching about that feature but I didn't find it.

Navradio+ seems like it has a conflict with stock radio when I try to change between stations (Next/Prev buttons)
(It's like navradio change the station when I press the button but original radio app also change it and they have different frequencies)

Only disabling original app in settings doesn't work.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Where is it? I was searching about that feature but I didn't find it.

Navradio+ seems like it has a conflict with stock radio when I try to change between stations (Next/Prev buttons)
(It's like navradio change the station when I press the button but original radio app also change it and they have different frequencies)

Only disabling original app in settings doesn't work.
you have to close the default app before running NR+

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
Hi, i used the last update and you are getting there. Very fast support.
So frequency info are being shown on opel lcd with some weird stuff but they do work.
Basically the . (Lets say the frequency is 89.20Mhz) does not show on opel lcd on the right decimal (i see it as 892.0Mhz).
Also if the frequency is above 100.3Mhz it shows as (1::003.0Mhz).

Other things i have see while i use this little gem.
My car stereo does not let me bind an application to the radio hardware key. This is a limitation of my car stereo.
This application does not autostart after car radio sleeps. I think android is killing most running applications when going to sleep. Maybe if i find a way to make the notification persistent?
Is there a way to disable the pop up asking to find a logo for stations? I have stored most logos but on some i do not have it. And i am getting the pop up.
Themes. Advances settings. Changing color to some things does not work as it should. Lets say the above middle info line (af, st and so on)
If you leave it as default you see the info line but do not know what works. Nothing looks choosen. If you change color to something else color does not change but.....what works is now bold. So if the frequency is stereo stereo is bold.
In modes. What exactly is DX that turns into LOC when pressed?
Above infoline. If you listen to a stereo frequency andchange from mode to stereo off, stereo is shown as enabled until you change to another frequency.

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
Hi, i used the last update and you are getting there. Very fast support.
So frequency info are being shown on opel lcd with some weird stuff but they do work.
Basically the . (Lets say the frequency is 89.20Mhz) does not show on opel lcd on the right decimal (i see it as 892.0Mhz).
Also if the frequency is above 100.3Mhz it shows as (1::003.0Mhz).

Other things i have see while i use this little gem.
My car stereo does not let me bind an application to the radio hardware key. This is a limitation of my car stereo.
This application does not autostart after car radio sleeps. I think android is killing most running applications when going to sleep. Maybe if i find a way to make the notification persistent?
Is there a way to disable the pop up asking to find a logo for stations? I have stored most logos but on some i do not have it. And i am getting the pop up.
Themes. Advances settings. Changing color to some things does not work as it should. Lets say the above middle info line (af, st and so on)
If you leave it as default you see the info line but do not know what works. Nothing looks choosen. If you change color to something else color does not change but.....what works is now bold. So if the frequency is stereo stereo is bold.
In modes. What exactly is DX that turns into LOC when pressed?
Above infoline. If you listen to a stereo frequency andchange from mode to stereo off, stereo is shown as enabled until you change to another frequency.

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_174154.jpg
    IMG_20211127_174154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Tnf for your report. At least now I know that I'm on right direction and the freq display will be fixed in next release.
For hardware keys and auto start you need a custom rom like Hal9k or malaysk.
About logos, for now you need to assign the NavRadio logo to the stations that don't have a logo to avoid that it keep asking for it. I'll see if I can add an option to disable the function.
I see from your picture that you are using high contrast text option and that is causing the bad behavior with the themes and colors. Please try to disable the high contrast text in android accessibility settings.
LOC/DX mean Local/Distant and it's used to search stations with strong or low signals.
The ST on top of the screen show if the station is transmitting in mono or stereo mode. It show up when the stereo signal is received from the station so why it's changing when you change station.

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
Assign the default logo is a solution that i did not think. Perfectly acceptable by me. Thanks for that.
As forbthe frequency man, it will be fixed when it will be fixed. No eta is fone by me.
I do use high contrast since it helps readability in high sun areas (and here is one), and the viewing angle my stereo has. Thanks for that, but i will stick with high contrast. Its not a problem, just things i saw while using this application.
Got it about loc and dx.
Got it about st.

And last piece for me will be to correctly match color with car.
Very nice work man. Keep up

Reactions: KoTiX2

mvn

May 2, 2006
København
hi,

I bought a TopWay TS7 unit, and the build-in radio app sucks.
I tried your app but as expected it doesn’t work as it’s Spreadtrum SC7731 based.

Is the radio apps most relaying on firmware or chips (SC7731 has build-in FM)?

Do you think it would work if I get the app from fx. a Lenovo A1000 (that is also using a SC7731)?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
hi,

I bought a TopWay TS7 unit, and the build-in radio app sucks.
I tried your app but as expected it doesn’t work as it’s Spreadtrum SC7731 based.

Is the radio apps most relaying on firmware or chips (SC7731 has build-in FM)?

Do you think it would work if I get the app from fx. a Lenovo A1000 (that is also using a SC7731)?
Compatibility depend mostly on MCU type more than CPU.
TopWay on some SOCs and MCUs have used a different software approach, more similar to MTK based units and recent FYT units that use native libraries to handle FM radio.
I doubt that you will be able to run the app from Lenovo but you can try and if it work please post the resuts ;)

iello81

Oct 1, 2021
Hi, is it possible to remove or hide the bottom bar?

Attachments

• IMG_20211203_091157.jpg
    IMG_20211203_091157.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
1. showing notification when this application is not in the foreground is very nice. but we only have the option to set the time for the notification to short and long. Would be much better if we could define for how many seconds the notification shows.

2. Stations with no logos. We have to either pray and wait for the auto popup that suggests logos and one of them is the default one, or try and find the default one by hand. My suggestion would be at the manual choosing of logo a button that reverts to the default one.

I had no luck either autostarting this or any application on my headunit sold by wonderfoo. The unit just kills anything when either rebooting or sleep. I have bought agama launcher, car launcher pro, and will try fcc to see if i can managed it from there. I also did try Automate application with no luck since it cannot read when screen is on or interface is accesible. Maybe i am setting it wrongly who knows.

Really do not want to change to a custom rom since i read some problems with auto volumes. Did update to latest rom that seller was very kind to supply but no luck. Maybe rooting.

Also no luck to remap hardware band key to this application. You can bind it to many things but not applications. Yea i know custom rom would be a sollution to this.

3. Top bar that shows info about st (stereo), Af (alternate freq), tp (traffic program), is somehow behaving weird. So lets say i have a station that broadcasts at stereo. And have stereo enabled. The st on top looks colored. If i disable stereo it remains colored until i change a station. This happens to tp and af also. it shows the last state it was (on or off) and not the real one until you change a station.

4. Full screen. Beautiful. simple and as it should be.

5. RDS. working as it should. Fantastic.

6. TP . Normal radion app had a drop down menu to choose from a variety of tp. here i guess it defaults to traffic? or i am thinking it wrong?

7. swipping through pages with stores stations. It is a bit funky. It works ofc but since there are pages with stations it is sometimes hard to stay on a page since you do not know when the page is starting and ending.

8. Frequency bar. The pointing needle that shows the current locked frequency could benefit from grater visibillity?

9. Showing frequency via to default car lcd is helping me a lot. yea it still need some fixing since it shows the dot on the wrong place but you will get it. thanks for that.

10. Finally can store all the stations (we have more than 60 here) and lists. Damn. Have a different list for when i am outside the city.

11. Fav stations. Best thing ever.

Those are just thoughts. nothing more. This is period my default radio app in the car.

mvn

May 2, 2006
København
46EF395D-92E7-4377-90FD-E2A0719419DE.jpeg
Compatibility depend mostly on MCU type more than CPU.
TopWay on some SOCs and MCUs have used a different software approach, more similar to MTK based units and recent FYT units that use native libraries to handle FM radio.
I doubt that you will be able to run the app from Lenovo but you can try and if it work please post the resuts ;)
Hmm I was trying to find out if it would be worth the effort to get the radio app from the Lenovo firmware.
but I guess not then.

So your app works with TopWay firmware, only my TopWay unit is different in that it uses native libraries to connect with the radio?

Anyway, doubt it make any difference but here is my MCU info:

holbic1

Nov 18, 2021
[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel) and TS10(UIS7862)

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices.
Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, TS9(Intel SC9853) , TS10 ( UIS7862) , the entire family of MTC/HCT based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30 and S32F0 units

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
Sample Video
Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
Demo
and here a review from a friend:
Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
- Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
- Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
- Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
- Resizable text elements and Font choice
- 3 view modes:
Vertical List Left or Right (5,6 or 6 buttons)
Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
- Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
- Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
- Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
- Toggable Frequency slider
- Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwinners,TS9 and TS10 units)
- Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
- Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
- Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
- Notifications Toasts
- Selectable Radio Region
- Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
- 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
- Floating widget
- Autostart on boot option
- Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
- Resizable Texts elements
- App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
MOROCCO, TUNISIA
AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
1S3mHPul.png
GLZUaNcl.png
BWakEZHl.png
sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
iCr42okl.png
vNqsB5zl.png
0Nyk1grl.png
zTteN75.png
C6uCg0y.png
NQ8eATB.png
TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
I installed IsudarT72 and there is no sound at all. Normal radio plays but yours doesn't play (no sound)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to buy an Isudar unit with the Ts10 CPU. Works the App with this unit?
    Ist this CPU better then a PX6?

Here is the Link:

Thanks
    V72 is a FYT unit.
    T72 is a TS10 unit.
    Right now NavRadio work only T72.
    I'm finalizing the porting to V72 too but it's not ready yet, i still need a couple of weeks.
    Better then PX6? I don't know... CPU means nothing..
    For compatibility with my app MTC devices are the best but I don't know if the isudar px6 are MTC based.
    It says on that website:

Hi, I changed the base radio apk. the mod I created can be installed as a normal app, it is not necessary to replace it with the original radio, no root permissions are required !!! I tested it on my px3 radio and px5. Attention, it is not said that my modification is compatible with your device, first make sure that your radio is a "MTCE" and that the name of the apk package of your original radio is: "com.microntek.radio". Before installing Version 2 and 3 try Version 1 which is directly downloadable in different colors for free, if this works the other two versions will be fine too. If the apk is not compatible, no refunds will be made.

I don't find a place where it says it is compatible with Atoto head units.
    Indeed the app linked is for MTC devices.
    If you guys need a slightly modified version of the original FYT radio app you should look on 4pda.ru forum.
    NavRadio+ for FYT will be probably released next week ;)
    Take your time mate. We can wait for it, and I am sure it will work great. :)
    would it be possible to add a themes function?
    You have to buy the full version for that.
    The version with FYT support will be available on PlayStore next week.
    You have to buy the full version for that.
    The version with FYT support will be available on PlayStore next week.
    It works! This is awesome. So many months waiting and looking for a different FM radio app other than the garbage one from the Atoto S8 and now there's finally a decent one incoming. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices.
    Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, TS9(Intel SC9853) , TS10 ( UIS7862) , the entire family of MTC/HCT based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30 and S32F0 units

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List Left or Right (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwinners,TS9 and TS10 units)
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
    @KoTiX2 you have an excellent product for the Topway based platform, do not explode your mind trying to port the app to FYT (I'm talking against my own ideas as I have FYT units) keep doit the great job that you do with NavRadio and making happy your customers.

Anyway many thanks for all the time you spent tryng to find a suitable way to port the app
    I have a little good news:
    Finally I'm now able to set frequency and receive rds infos from my fyt unit and show them in NavRadio+ :D
    I found also a small trick to avoid having all native libs included in the app.
    There is still a lot of job to do but I'm pretty happy that something is finally moving in this unit. :D
    hello, do you have any news?
    The only news is that I now have an 8227L unit and a px5 s32f0 one.
    I'm working on it but it's not an easy job
    Is it possible to build support in for the FYT Intel Airmont SC9853i units eventually?
    Maybe in a future, right now only TopWay based units with sc9853i are supported.
    I will make a poll of which unit to support next as I need to buy one of these units to start developing sw for it.
    Yes 130Mb is no problem. If you have a version that you think works for fyt 7862 I'm willing to pay for a beta version.
    I cannot release a 130mb app on PlayStore.
    The alternative would be make my app a system app (probably replacing the original one) but then I would have no protection against free sharing it.
    I'll see how can handle all this... for sure I'd like to have a new unit on my car too and i really like these fyt uis7862 units so I'm kind of pushed on finding a solution.