[Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel), TS10(UIS7862) and TS18(UIS8151)

Search This thread

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 2.51 is coming out for testers:

Added blur, zoom and fading options in settings for Logo wallpaper
Fixed aspect ratio of Logo wallpaper
Fixed Pause on MTC devices that was resuming play once in background
Possible fix for audio lost on T3L and TS18 models
Fixed am/fm switching on TS10

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 2.52 is coming out on PlayStore:
FYT: Fixed steering wheels commands seek+/- with long click
FYT: Widget of original launchers now can show the frequency
Allwinner/TS10: Fixed set frequency on boot
Added support for targetSdkVersion 31

Reactions: Ujua

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 is it possible to you to add the first activity layout "Navradio Loading...." for 2000x1200 (2K) screens in further releases please ?, it shows awful in 2K screen based units (FYT or TS10),; thanks fellow
Sure but please i need a favor...
Can you go in NavRadio settings->about, double click on the NR icon so it will display some details of the display resolution and send me a picture?
Thx ;)

• Love
Reactions: mariodantas

j0hn83

Jan 5, 2012
Just purchased the app and I think it's great.

Only complaint would be the display showing kmph instead of mph.
I believe this is due to me selecting Europe as the radio region.
I'm in the UK.

Selecting USA as the radio region changes the speed displayed to mph. Are there any negative consequences to picking USA? Does it break anything else?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Just purchased the app and I think it's great.

Only complaint would be the display showing kmph instead of mph.
I believe this is due to me selecting Europe as the radio region.
I'm in the UK.

Selecting USA as the radio region changes the speed displayed to mph. Are there any negative consequences to picking USA? Does it break anything else?
I'll add a setting for kmh/mph selection.
The USA have frequency steps of 10 instead of 5 , the station buttons are made to include the callsign label and other things, and other things that I don't remember.

AceOfGold

Oct 6, 2022
Hi!
I'm a great fan of your app. I have Navradio+ installed on my Honda Accord head unit. It's an AllWinners T3L. The app used to work flawlessly until recently. Last month it started to crash and sometimes it starts and I hear radio sound for a few seconds then sound disappears. I've updated the App to the latest version today but I'm still having the same issues.
Here's a picture showing the MCU number

Attachments

• 20220628_153206.jpg
    20220628_153206.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi!
I'm a great fun of your app. I have Navradio+ installed on my Honda Accord head unit. It's an AllWinners T3L. The app used to work flawlessly until recently. Last month it started to crash and sometimes it starts and I hear radio sound for a few seconds then sound disappears. I've updated the App to the latest version today but I'm still having the same issues.
I know that recently there is problem with t3l units. It's mostly due to a recent update of the firmware of these units.
I ordered on AliExpress a new t3l unit to understand what is going on and I'm waiting for it to come.
Please be patience a little more...
;)

AceOfGold

Oct 6, 2022
I know that recently there is problem with t3l units. It's mostly due to a recent update of the firmware of these units.
I ordered on AliExpress a new t3l unit to understand what is going on and I'm waiting for it to come.
Please be patience a little more...
;)
Thank you so much for your quick answer! That's so good to hear. Keep up to great work and have a good day...

hojnikb

Dec 25, 2009
Celje
partis.tk
Any chance my unit gets supported? It's an UIS7682A based unit with TDA7708 radio IC. When i install the free version, it says the unit is not supported.

mike9226

Oct 9, 2022
After updating to v0.2.52, not every time rds is found, after installing the previous version v0.2.50 the problem disappears and rds is found immediately

hojnikb

Dec 25, 2009
Celje
partis.tk

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
If this unit become a very common model i can consider working on it but i don't think it will happen.
Sorry but it takes me too much time and energy to make it compatible to a new unit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NavRadio 2.60 is coming out:

- added clock & temperature size and font change options
    - fixed BAND switch to FAV only if favorites list is not empty
    - fixed temperature visibility
    - added NavRadio+ background wallpaper to presets
    - revisited Ui settings
    Screenshot_20221126_182042.png

Screenshot_20221126_182245.png
    NavRadio 2.59 is coming out:

- fixed explicit intents
    - fixed crash in pty logo assignment for USA/CANADA
    - fixed bradcastreceiver not initiated before stopping it
    - fixed crash when deleting a station and dialog is opened
    - fixed android12 crash deleting logos
    - Band button switching now iclude also FAV list
    i can install your application, but do i have to uninstall the original one? if yes, then how can i reinstall the original one in the future if i want to use it again?
    You don't have to uninstall the original one.
    Install the basic version for your tests
    It is time to play now :)
    [Dev] New "NavRadio+" app for TopWay based units: T3 and T8Allwinner, TS9 (intel), TS10(UIS7862) and TS18(UIS8151)

I have been working since July 2019 on this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 from 4pda adding. With his permission of course, I started adding many features and customizations and now it support multiple brands of devices.
    Generally it support head units based on TopWay firmware with cpu allwinner T3 and T8, TS9(Intel SC9853) , TS10 ( UIS7862), TS18(UIS8151) , the entire family of MTC/HCT based devices PX3, PX5, PX6, PX30 and S32F0 units, and FYT devices.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:
    V2.56a DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V2.56a GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List Left or Right (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on name scraping (note: TopWay MCU cannot read the RDS id so assignement by id is not possible on Alwinners,TS9 and TS10 units)
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality:

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

The app is now available on playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    @KoTiX2 you have an excellent product for the Topway based platform, do not explode your mind trying to port the app to FYT (I'm talking against my own ideas as I have FYT units) keep doit the great job that you do with NavRadio and making happy your customers.

Anyway many thanks for all the time you spent tryng to find a suitable way to port the app
    I have a little good news:
    Finally I'm now able to set frequency and receive rds infos from my fyt unit and show them in NavRadio+ :D
    I found also a small trick to avoid having all native libs included in the app.
    There is still a lot of job to do but I'm pretty happy that something is finally moving in this unit. :D
    hello, do you have any news?
    The only news is that I now have an 8227L unit and a px5 s32f0 one.
    I'm working on it but it's not an easy job
    Is it possible to build support in for the FYT Intel Airmont SC9853i units eventually?
    Maybe in a future, right now only TopWay based units with sc9853i are supported.
    I will make a poll of which unit to support next as I need to buy one of these units to start developing sw for it.
    Yes 130Mb is no problem. If you have a version that you think works for fyt 7862 I'm willing to pay for a beta version.
    I cannot release a 130mb app on PlayStore.
    The alternative would be make my app a system app (probably replacing the original one) but then I would have no protection against free sharing it.
    I'll see how can handle all this... for sure I'd like to have a new unit on my car too and i really like these fyt uis7862 units so I'm kind of pushed on finding a solution.