[Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to MTC devices

Search This thread

roomey

Apr 9, 2009
Odesa
Version 2.06 is coming out on playstore.
a small changelog:

-Fixed crash when switching lights for DarkMode
-Fixed Swc with codes 260 and 268
-Added Timed and Auto DarkMode (HeadLights)
-Fixed ListView in splitscreen
Hi KoTiX2,

Thanks for the update, the buttons work perfectly now. There is one more issue I should report, though it's rather cosmetic, but I think graphics design is not something you could ignore ;) It's the font you chose for active station name on the main screen - it contains glyphs for Latin alphabet only. So if I want to give names to stations say in Cyrillic, they are displayed in default Android font, which is not bad, but doesn't shine at all (this is large text in the center, not text on buttons). Maybe there could be some other option for the font, or a possibility to override with the user's one. I don't have a screenshot right now, but think you got it.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Hi KoTiX2,

Thanks for the update, the buttons work perfectly now. There is one more issue I should report, though it's rather cosmetic, but I think graphics design is not something you could ignore ;) It's the font you chose for active station name on the main screen - it contains glyphs for Latin alphabet only. So if I want to give names to stations say in Cyrillic, they are displayed in default Android font, which is not bad, but doesn't shine at all (this is large text in the center, not text on buttons). Maybe there could be some other option for the font, or a possibility to override with the user's one. I don't have a screenshot right now, but think you got it.
In the fonts settings menu there is the option to change the font of the "Station Name in grid view".
Isn't that what you need?

Reactions: roomey

czarnyte

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,
Where is the setting in NavRadio to display logo or a name of radio station on Agama launcher screen while NavRadio is in background? Or maybe a setting in Agama should be ticked? I updated system and unfortunately did not backup, but I remember display ING names of station over launcher previously...

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,
Where is the setting in NavRadio to display logo or a name of radio station on Agama launcher screen while NavRadio is in background? Or maybe a setting in Agama should be ticked? I updated system and unfortunately did not backup, but I remember display ING names of station over launcher previously...
under Settings/notifications ??

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Settings/Notifications/Enabled (I always set like this)
Few additional tech info: Dasaita PX6, canbus, Android 9 21052020, MCU 3.45, Android settings/Car/FactorySettings/Radio/No
I meant in NavRadio settings/notifications there are some options for sending the metadata

randycorcoran

Jun 19, 2020
Hi @KoTiX2,

I am considering to buy your app. I have a px3 with hal9 rom and I am from Spain. Is there any way to get spanish logos automatically? If not, Is there any possibility to help you with that? It will be great.

Thanks for your great effort.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Hi @KoTiX2,

I am considering to buy your app. I have a px3 with hal9 rom and I am from Spain. Is there any way to get spanish logos automatically? If not, Is there any possibility to help you with that? It will be great.

Thanks for your great effort.
Spanish logos are already available and they have been also corrected by other users.
Please be sure that NavRadio work ok on px3 with android 7 giving a try to the free version first.

Timpuli

Mar 15, 2009
Version 2.07 is on the way:

- Added Automatic Dark Theme for MTC android 9
- Some fixes for Dark Theme.
- Some fixes for audio management on Allwinner units
Automatic Dark theme works like a charm with Android 9 and the best radio app gets better and better.

One proposal for the future: Now when automatic Dark Mode works can you made options what is changed for dark mode? For example, different background image and different text colors for Dark Mode..? Or own/ different theme when dark mode on (with background image) and other theme when Dark Mode is off?
Like this it would be possible to create different UI with better contrast for bright, direct sunlight environment.

Reactions: okij

Numbelino75

Apr 26, 2021
Hi all.
Just installed this app on a PX6 unit with Malaysk ROM.
Did the auto scan but no sound at all.
When opening the app, it immediatelly goes to background, and some radio station is audible.

But when opening again the APP to check other radio stations, no sound at all, in any of them.
The normal radio APP works great.

Any advices?

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Automatic Dark theme works like a charm with Android 9 and the best radio app gets better and better.

One proposal for the future: Now when automatic Dark Mode works can you made options what is changed for dark mode? For example, different background image and different text colors for Dark Mode..? Or own/ different theme when dark mode on (with background image) and other theme when Dark Mode is off?
Like this it would be possible to create different UI with better contrast for bright, direct sunlight environment.
Tnx for the suggestion my friend. I'll think about it and if it's easy to approach I'll surely add this feature. Honestly right now i have no ideas.... ;)

Reactions: okij

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Hi all.
Just installed this app on a PX6 unit with Malaysk ROM.
Did the auto scan but no sound at all.
When opening the app, it immediatelly goes to background, and some radio station is audible.

But when opening again the APP to check other radio stations, no sound at all, in any of them.
The normal radio APP works great.

Any advices?
Please disable the original radio app in factory settings.

Reactions: Numbelino75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update coming out:
    - Updated Patch for S32F0 models
    - Added 30 backgrounds and "preview" backgrounds in settings

gal2.png

gal3.png

gal1.png

Version 2.07 is on the way:

- Added Automatic Dark Theme for MTC android 9
    - Some fixes for Dark Theme.
    - Some fixes for audio management on Allwinner units
    I just update to the last app this dark/light function.
    I enable the automatic option at settings and is working fine.
    The only problem is that the brightness go to low.
    The only thing is happening with dark mode is the app to set the brightness to zero?
    I mean this happens from the unit as well...
    The point of day night function is to change the background to something light at the day and something dark at night... Same thing happens with fonts.
    Let me explain a couple of things:
    - Night/day modes has been introduced definitely in android starting from android 10. Before 10 the code was there but it wasn't fully functional.
    - android night mode is not the same thing of MTC night mode. While android change the colors of the entire system UI with predefined primary and secondary colors, the MTC apps use colors defined in the apps simply setting a theme.
    In NavRadio i apply the android night/day mode, i don't set a theme like in MTC apps.
    - NavRadio don't change the brightness. For that there is an MTC settings that let you define the brightness when lights are turned on.

I already noticed that there still some issues to fix so an update will surely come. Unfortunately I half/bricked one of my units trying to flash Hal rom so i have to fix it first. :(
    Hi KoTiX2,

In the fonts settings menu there is the option to change the font of the "Station Name in grid view".
    Isn't that what you need?
    Hi @KoTiX2
    Are you still working on the mtk 8227 conversion? Thank you!
    I'm sorry but until now i wasn't able to port it and i honestly stopped looking at it.
    I have no idea if I'll find time to overlook for a solution.
    After releasing my NavRadio+ for Allwinner and IntelSc9853 devices in december, i finally ported it successfully to MTC based devices (PX3, PX5. PX6 and PX30).
    I paste here the first post of my other thread as a presentation of my work:

I have been working since July 2019 this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 (dipcore) from 4pda and I published it on playstore (with his permission of course) after some beta testing on allwinner and intel sc9853 units.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Custom Backgrounds: Predefined, System wallpaper, Solid colors, personal images
    - Color Themes support
    - Text colors changable
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Autostart on boot option
    - support 1024x600 and 800x480 display res

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN

AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

NavRadio+ is now available on playstore here:
    [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio[/URL]
    With full support for all MTC devices.
    SOME TIPS:
    TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)
    Some more news for this week (the image should be self explanatory):
    x7TCQF9.png

Then there some more countries with automatic logos:
    Belgium, Czech rep., France (tnx @Timpuli), Hungary, Croatia
    Italian logos are still worked out and I'm waiting for friends to prepare the German and Spanish logos (they are really too many).
    I'm fixing again Agama metadata for no RDS users and liveRDS.
    Other minor bugs are fixed too.
    Next week i'll concentrate on after sleep resuming and AF alternative frequencies.
    for one app??? YES
    Then please go ahead and write such app for yourself, if you think that it's so easy and cheap to do.

There's nothing wrong with asking some money for a good software. Things don't have to be for free and I'm pretty sure that @KoTiX2 so far put more hours of work into this project than it payd back, if you look at it at a monitary basis. There surely also is a lot of enthusiasm in this project.
    Ok guys, a new update is coming soon because I fix an ugly bug that affect the favorites stations list.
    I please you to don't use the favorites until next release.

Included in this release there is the full support for Agama metadata:
    I added a black background to the logo images, the RDS text is correctly displayed and updated continuously, the frequency value is displayed if the station name is not available.

I added also the support for the automatic assignment of the logos and it's working better than expected but right now is only for italy and only for testing.
    Please note that this feature right now work only on MTC devices (px.. series) because the Allwinner and TS9 don't read the RDS id. Maybe in a future I'll find a way to make them read it but now it just won't work.

If somebody would like to test the functionality of this feature can simply set the nationality of the logos to the last option "SID_test", download and extract the files.
    After this the logos will be set automatically to each station that receive RDS.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone