• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to MTC devices

Search This thread

lagos911

Jan 25, 2009
@KoTiX2 hey... when I the app is running and I put the reverse gear (which switch the screen at the camera) the buttons size lose there position and the last I cant see it. The buttons mode is at vertical and the is set at 5 buttons.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Ok is

cpu is PX6 with MCU MX_3.75.1

The rom is the lite version of Malaysk with Android 10

resolution is 1024 x 600

I have change the some things at the display settings. Smaller UI size and bigger font size. See

cpu is PX6 with MCU MX_3.75.1

The rom is the lite version of Malaysk with Android 10

resolution is 1024 x 600

I have change the some things at the display settings. Smaller UI size and bigger font size.
Ok. I'll see what I can do about it.
Version 2.09 is coming out and i started using the Glide library to handle the bitmaps images to reduce memory consumption.
I'll try to use the same library for grid and list buttons too so that i maybe fix this problem too.

On v2.09 there are no new functions, just a couple of fixes for DarkMode and for PX3

randycorcoran

Jun 19, 2020
Ok is

Ok. I'll see what I can do about it.
Version 2.09 is coming out and i started using the Glide library to handle the bitmaps images to reduce memory consumption.
I'll try to use the same library for grid and list buttons too so that i maybe fix this problem too.

On v2.09 there are no new functions, just a couple of fixes for DarkMode and for PX3
Fixes for PX3? What a great news! Fast reply! I going to buy the paid version for sure! Thanks a lot!

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi @KoTiX2,

I installed the free version you post on the first message and I tried during last week on my PX3 MTCE GS auto radio. It works fine (I noticed that quality of sound has increased) but I realized some strange situations:
  1. When I seek stations in the background, the app crashes.
  2. I think that AF only picked new stations if you seek them first. It would be great that radio could recover AF automatically without having to scan previously.
  3. How can AF work better? Which value have I to put in factory settings? I tried with 20db and 30db but AF only works a few times in spite of station has more than one AF registered.
Thanks in advance for this great app!
1. I will check this, i don't know if this happen only on the free version.
2. AF search for alternative frequencies of the station you are currently sintonized.
When this happen, NavRadio add the frequency to the array of alternatives frequencies of the current memorized station.
Then you can easily switch between the memorized frequencies double clicking on the station button or sliding up/down in the middle of the screen.
3. I have no control over AF itself, i can only enable/disable it.
In my unit AF work better with a value of 30db but it work good only in a certain territory.
If i travel on flat lands AF never switch to other frequencies.
On roads over hills.and mountains it work much better and more.often.
I don't know why. ...

randycorcoran

Jun 19, 2020
1. I will check this, i don't know if this happen only on the free version.
2. AF search for alternative frequencies of the station you are currently sintonized.
When this happen, NavRadio add the frequency to the array of alternatives frequencies of the current memorized station.
Then you can easily switch between the memorized frequencies double clicking on the station button or sliding up/down in the middle of the screen.
3. I have no control over AF itself, i can only enable/disable it.
In my unit AF work better with a value of 30db but it work good only in a certain territory.
If i travel on flat lands AF never switch to other frequencies.
On roads over hills.and mountains it work much better and more.often.
I don't know why. ...
I bought the app yesterday and I tried on my px3 radio. I updated MCTE GS to 3.73 version too. It works well mainly but it crashes when you scan on background (with paid version too). Sometimes it doesn't start on startup although it was enabled to do that. According to AF I live in a rural zone with no big mountains with no good signal radio in general but what you said could be a reason . I will keep testing during this week. Thanks.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I bought the app yesterday and I tried on my px3 radio. I updated MCTE GS to 3.73 version too. It works well mainly but it crashes when you scan on background (with paid version too). Sometimes it doesn't start on startup although it was enabled to do that. According to AF I live in a rural zone with no big mountains with no good signal radio in general but what you said could be a reason . I will keep testing during this week. Thanks.
I'm removing the option to startup at boot because on most Chinese units the feature is blocked by firmware.
I'll fix the scan on background

tebukan

May 6, 2015
hi kotix. I downloaded radios logos for Turkey but downloaded Tunisia radio logos. this is mistake. Can u solved this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @KoTiX2 hey man I install Malaysk last rom and after that I cant resize the widget of your app...
    When I try to drag the spaces its does not let me...
    I am talking about the widget which is at vertical.
    Horizontal does not exist at the widget at all.
    That because malaysk have modified the launcher and the DPI settings of the unit.
    I can't fix it for malaysk rom without braking it for other roms.
    Better if you use Hal9k rom if you need my widget ;)
    I just updated to 2.16 but now I have two issues:
    1. I use the popup notification of Hal9k Mod4. IIRC this notification used to show not only the frequency when changing stations, but also the station name, plus the station name of the next and previous station in the list. Now it only shows the frequency, please see 1st attached screenshot.
    2. After this notification, there now is a second popup notification which shows "CanBusDisplay: freq=xxxx group=yyy index=z", please see 2nd attached screenshot.
    Can these issues be fixed somewhere in the NavRadio+ options? (I didn't find any settings for this.) If not, please fix them. Thanks. :)
    Please deactivate the "testMode" in settings/about... Double clicking on the icon.
    This will remove the "CanbysDisplay..." Popup.
    I haven't change anything in other notifications except a small string adjustment so I'm almost sure I'm not responsable for Hal9k toast.
    Be sure you haven't changed the notification of metadatas in Navradio settings.
    ;)
    After releasing my NavRadio+ for Allwinner and IntelSc9853 devices in december, i finally ported it successfully to MTC/HCT based devices (PX3, PX5. PX6 and PX30).
    I paste here the first post of my other thread as a presentation of my work:

I have been working since July 2019 this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 (dipcore) from 4pda and I published it on playstore (with his permission of course) after some beta testing on allwinner and intel sc9853 units.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: DOWNLOAD NAVRADIO FREE
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

NavRadio+ is now available on playstore here:
    [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio[/URL]
    With full support for all MTC devices.
    SOME TIPS:
    TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)
    Some more news for this week (the image should be self explanatory):
    x7TCQF9.png

Then there some more countries with automatic logos:
    Belgium, Czech rep., France (tnx @Timpuli), Hungary, Croatia
    Italian logos are still worked out and I'm waiting for friends to prepare the German and Spanish logos (they are really too many).
    I'm fixing again Agama metadata for no RDS users and liveRDS.
    Other minor bugs are fixed too.
    Next week i'll concentrate on after sleep resuming and AF alternative frequencies.
    Then please go ahead and write such app for yourself, if you think that it's so easy and cheap to do.

There's nothing wrong with asking some money for a good software. Things don't have to be for free and I'm pretty sure that @KoTiX2 so far put more hours of work into this project than it payd back, if you look at it at a monitary basis. There surely also is a lot of enthusiasm in this project.
    Ok guys, most of the requested fixes are coming out with v1.56 release:

Fixed AudioFocus when using mic in navi app (this was a very old request)
    Fixed for MTC the problem that app wasn't killed after source change and with AF or TA enabled it was starting back on itslef (tnx @emre33 for report)
    Fixed widget controls unusable after 40sec (tnx @ Al Ferro)
    Added double click to switch between alternative frequencies of a station
    Changed statusbar Notifications with new icon and better layout (tnx @the-unknown)

FCC integration will come probably next week or later, sorry ;)