[Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to MTC devices

Search This thread

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@KoTiX2 Back home early so I installed the 2.13 version. No change at all. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and still no change. Can you tell me where the NavRadio cache is located and I can try deleting it. Thanks

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 Back home early so I installed the 2.13 version. No change at all. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and still no change. Can you tell me where the NavRadio cache is located and I can try deleting it. Thanks
That NavRadio data are in data/data/com.navimods.radio
Same thing if you uninstall it.
I thought you had problem with logo assignment, is that fixed or i misunderstood your problem?

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@KoTiX2 Probably my fault for not being clear. The three issues I have that were not present previously are the tiny narrow button for the radio presets, the fact no logos are assignable and no logos show up in the Player+Radio widget in FCC. The space between the "big station name" and the top of the preset button has doubled, squashing the preset buttons and forcing overlap and small fonts.

Attachments

• Screenshot (Sep 16, KoTiX2.png
    Screenshot (Sep 16, KoTiX2.png
    451 KB · Views: 37

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 Probably my fault for not being clear. The three issues I have that were not present previously are the tiny narrow button for the radio presets, the fact no logos are assignable and no logos show up in the Player+Radio widget in FCC. The space between the "big station name" and the top of the preset button has doubled, squashing the preset buttons and forcing overlap and small fonts.
I'm sorry but there is something wrong in the picture you are showing me.
Why do you have the logos on right side after the name instead of this?
Screenshot_20210921-141206.jpg

Which country are you from?
Anyway i don't see anything wrong in the height of the buttons.
You have a wide screen with 480px height, i don't see a nice way to have everything fitted except increasing the number of columns .
I still don't understand why you cannot assign the logos but the logos are shown in the picture you posted...
Can you make a video please?

Last edited:

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Hi @KoTiX2 sorry that image I posted was made up in PSP. I couldn't remember which side the logos went sorry. I stretched the buttons and added the logos to show you how it once was. There is no question at all that I had the button with logo and then large station text and underneath the frequency. The image you posted has very narrow buttons, the were without any doubt whatsoever much taller or thicker than that. The preset buttons took up much more of the screen vertically and all text was big and readable with the logo. The logo was at least 10 - 12mm square on screen. It used to look as i have it in my image but with the logos first. (That's my mistake). I am in the UK. I have had this HU for over two years and only recently has it changed. The only changes I have made is going from Hal9k Android v9 to Hal9k Android v10. No other apps have changed their aspect ratio. The resolution support for 1280x480 has changed nothing sorry. I will happily make a video.

Thanks

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi @KoTiX2 sorry that image I posted was made up in PSP. I couldn't remember which side the logos went sorry. I stretched the buttons and added the logos to show you how it once was. There is no question at all that I had the button with logo and then large station text and underneath the frequency. The image you posted has very narrow buttons, the were without any doubt whatsoever much taller or thicker than that. The preset buttons took up much more of the screen vertically and all text was big and readable with the logo. The logo was at least 10 - 12mm square on screen. It used to look as i have it in my image but with the logos first. (That's my mistake). I am in the UK. I have had this HU for over two years and only recently has it changed. The only changes I have made is going from Hal9k Android v9 to Hal9k Android v10. No other apps have changed their aspect ratio. The resolution support for 1280x480 has changed nothing sorry. I will happily make a video.

Thanks
The image i posted is from my phone that have another "unusual" resolution...
Yes please make a video and take some pics of the real unit

Please i need also that you go in navradio settings -> about Navradio and you double click twice on the Navradio icon untilit show some extra informations like in this pic:
device-2021-09-21-192041.png

Al Ferro

Sep 26, 2016
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hi, I am trying to have my radio unit show the radio station logos in one row at the bottom, but every time I try to do it the app crashes, any ideas?🤷 (same thing happens with my other radio unit with a screen resolution of 1280X720)
Screenshot_20210921-163113.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-163135.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163135.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210921-163144.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163144.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210921-163201.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163201.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210921-163249.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163249.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210921-163311.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163311.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210921-163315.png
    Screenshot_20210921-163315.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210921-201015.png
    Screenshot_20210921-201015.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210921-201217.png
    Screenshot_20210921-201217.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi, I am trying to have my radio unit show the radio station logos in one row at the bottom, but every time I try to do it the app crashes, any ideas?🤷 (same thing happens with my other radio unit with a screen resolution of 1280X720)View attachment 5415689
Oops... I forgot to add the only logo view for USA. Sorry about it. :(

I'll add it in next release.

Reactions: Al Ferro and okij

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 Got some video for you. Like an idiot I mess up with uninstalling and installing the same app version in my video at the end, so forgive that please. Can you PM a copy of an earlier NavRadio+ version for comparison as I have done with the free version in the video?

My Radio Logos to check

Video v2.0.4 vs v2.0.7

Latest v2.1.3 paid version. Resolution request in this video

Thank you
Thank you very much for the videos and for your explanations. They were very useful and I see well now the problems :)

First thing you should try is to rename your logo images without spaces in the name, like "BBC_radio2.png" and not "BBC Radio.png"
(Android, like Linux, don't like the spaces in the file names. This should fix the logo assignment.)

May I ask you why don't you download the logos provided with the app?

Regarding the resolution problem, I'm trying to find a way to have all resolutions supported but when I fix one i mess another one so I can only ask you to have some patience until next release when I hope I'll have all sorted out.

I also have to explain something about the double click on the icon in the "about NavRadio" section.
Doing that you enable a kind of "service mode" where the app:
- show the infos that you see on the left side (device, detected model, etc)
- enable the NR_service icon in the apps drawer that let you run NavRadio in background mode
- show some additional toast notifications that i use for debugging
This service mode can be disabled simply double click again on the icon in "about NavRadio" section.

Last edited:
Reactions: okij

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@KoTiX2 I used a different font to make them easier to see. I also wanted the same shape and a larger icon within the set size you quoted. My logo naming worked before but I shall indeed remove the spaces as you suggest. I will let you know if that changes anything. Thank you.

Reactions: KoTiX2

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 2.14 is coming out today:

- Fixed all resolutions and displays density (i hope for last time)
- Fixed "only logos" view for USA

I now use many different folders (sw***dp) for each resolution.
The formula used to determine the DP value of the folder is:
"Smallest width in px" *160/DPI density
For example for a 1024*600 240dpi display we apply the formula 600*160/240=400
So the dimensions folder for this display will be sw400dp.
The problems start if somebody use non standard density values. Malaysk in his roms for example force set a 220dpi density value,
some other guy set 242dpi...
I tried to preset the correct dimensions for these special cases too but I cannot know all of them, so please report me the correct display sizes and DPI values if you still have problems.

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Thank yhou for your continuing support. @KoTiX2.

Just testing 2.1.4. The buttons are still the same, too narrow and I still cannot use the logos I did before. I have renamed the logos as you instructed with _ instead of spaces and saved them as .png. No joy. Is there anything else I can try or send you to help?

Last edited:

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Just testing 2.1.4. The buttons are still the same, too narrow and I still cannot use the logos I did before. I have renamed the logos as you instructed with _ instead of spaces and saved them as .png. No joy. Is there anything else I can try or send you to help?
Well i need a new picture of how it look now. I have no other idea to make it match your resolution.
It does look ok in all my emulators and in my 800*480 PX3 MTC unit.
I will try to load on my unit your logos to check them out..
Edit: i just tried on my phone and your logos are loaded without problems, even with original names with spaces.
Please try using a file manager like total commander to select the PNG file instead of the gallery. Google gallery need to be refreshed sometimes to update its cache and it could show files that aren't really there.

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@KoTiX2 as the HU is not in my car for testing, I have formatted the cache and system partition again. So from fresh, with just you app added. The NavRadio looks exactly the same as before. There is no change. As I said it was all perfect so it would appear, that your continued efforts to support more and more resolution has killed 1280x480@240dpi. I have tried resizing my logos to 250x250 and used png. My original 300x300 jpg were perfect before. Your logos load no problem but mine which did work no longer do. Do you think there may be scope to have a resolution change option during initial set up. Can you PM me an older version of NavRadio+ for testing please. I may need to stick with it. Thank you. There are lots of HU with 1280x480 resolution from Xtrons.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 as the HU is not in my car for testing, I have formatted the cache and system partition again. So from fresh, with just you app added. The NavRadio looks exactly the same as before. There is no change. As I said it was all perfect so it would appear, that your continued efforts to support more and more resolution has killed 1280x480@240dpi. I have tried resizing my logos to 250x250 and used png. My original 300x300 jpg were perfect before. Your logos load no problem but mine which did work no longer do. Do you think there may be scope to have a resolution change option during initial set up. Can you PM me an older version of NavRadio+ for testing please. I may need to stick with it. Thank you. There are lots of HU with 1280x480 resolution from Xtrons.
What about using another file manager to load the logos?

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
What about using another file manager to load the logos?
@KoTiX2 sorry i know what you are saying but not how to act. When I click on Add Logo is the system using a default file manager. I have nothing on the HU apart from Hal9k v10 and your app. I put the logo files onto ex FAT formatted USB stick with Windows 11pro as I have always done since owning a HU.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
@KoTiX2 sorry i know what you are saying but not how to act. When I click on Add Logo is the system using a default file manager. I have nothing on the HU apart from Hal9k v10 and your app. I put the logo files onto ex FAT formatted USB stick with Windows 11pro as I have always done since owning a HU.
Ok. You could simply download total commander from PlayStore and when you press the "choose logo" button click on the top left button to select total commander as file browser.( I'll make you a video when I have some time)

Anyway, i was able to reproduce the problem and i can say that it occurs if the files are on USB and you use the default file chooser.
I'm working on the solution and I'm pretty close to release it but you have to consider that if you remove the USB stick the logos will not show up because it cannot find the files.
Best way would be that you copy these files on internalSD and you select them from there, otherwise i will have to add a function to copy each logo from USB to internalSD when assigning them.
Right now i cannot thing on other alternatives..

Regarding the resolution problem, i've added some code to increase the buttons height just for the 1280*480 displays so you should be fine for that too ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,
    I have this Android Radio
    EZoneTronics Carplay Android Auto Car Radio 9 Inch for Mazda 6 Atenza 2002-2008 Touchscreen High Definition GPS Navigation with Bluetooth WiFi SWC USB AM FM Player 2G RAM + 32G ROM

Is there a possibility to use your app ? It tells me that it is not compatible. But I would like to use it because my radio app has problems sometimes there is no sound.
    Attached I have the data of the radio.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Greetings
    Ollie
    I'm sorry but There will be no possibilities for your model.
    I'm working on the newer k4811 instead...
    Come posso rimuovere la app da quella lista? O la seleziono o no ma rimuoverla non riesco.

How I can remove the app? Or i select It or not but remove I can't
    Don't select it.
    After releasing my NavRadio+ for Allwinner and IntelSc9853 devices in december, i finally ported it successfully to MTC/HCT based devices (PX3, PX5. PX6, PX30, Snapdragon655).
    I paste here the first post of my other thread as a presentation of my work:

I have been working since July 2019 this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 (dipcore) from 4pda and I published it on playstore (with his permission of course) after some beta testing on allwinner and intel sc9853 units.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:
    V3.21 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.21 GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on the Google PlayStore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 4 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Horizontal Carousel (5-11 items)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA, SOUTH AFRICA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

NavRadio+ is now available on playstore here:
    [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio[/URL]
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913
    With full support for all MTC devices.
    SOME TIPS:
    TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)
    Some more news for this week (the image should be self explanatory):
    x7TCQF9.png

Then there some more countries with automatic logos:
    Belgium, Czech rep., France (tnx @Timpuli), Hungary, Croatia
    Italian logos are still worked out and I'm waiting for friends to prepare the German and Spanish logos (they are really too many).
    I'm fixing again Agama metadata for no RDS users and liveRDS.
    Other minor bugs are fixed too.
    Next week i'll concentrate on after sleep resuming and AF alternative frequencies.
    I uploaded on YouTube a small video showing the new upcoming Drag&Drop + Swipe feauters of NavRadio+

It's a demostration of the new new drag & drop and swipe features of NavRadio+, now you can
    - Easily Change order of the memorized stations.
    - Delete a station with swipe gesture.
    - Add an Alternative Frequency to a station by dragging.

VIDEO HERE

Suggestions and comments are wellcome ;)
    Then please go ahead and write such app for yourself, if you think that it's so easy and cheap to do.

There's nothing wrong with asking some money for a good software. Things don't have to be for free and I'm pretty sure that @KoTiX2 so far put more hours of work into this project than it payd back, if you look at it at a monitary basis. There surely also is a lot of enthusiasm in this project.