[Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to MTC devices

Search This thread

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Still using this app everyday. Love it! Is it possible to give us the option of making the steering wheel buttons/big arrows while in fullscreen work as a "find the next frequency" instead of "next saved station"? The same way that we can make it possible on the arrows while on "normal"/not-fullscreen mode.

I would also like to ask if it is possible to make it work with Agama (for the player to appear on their "media player" while on the homepage. It used to work, but it stopped working a few months ago. Was the problem/reason on Agama's side? Is there a fix?

Thank you for all the hardwork you have put into this app. And for all the responses you give us :)
If you hold the arrows in Fullscreen they do the search freq.

I looked at the agama problem already and i didn't find a reason for it. I guess the problem is on agama side as it seem to me that it does the same with other players like Spotify.

tiagodvt

Oct 28, 2022
If you hold the arrows in Fullscreen they do the search freq.

I looked at the agama problem already and i didn't find a reason for it. I guess the problem is on agama side as it seem to me that it does the same with other players like Spotify.
Yes, I know that we can hold the arrows, but it doesnt work with the steering wheel controls (and that's how I would like to use it). The same way as you added that functionality a few months ago, for the non-fullscreen mode. If it is something fairly easy, I would like for you to give us the option :)

About Agama, I did more tests. The arrows work for changing the station, even if the image and names aren't appearing. I also found that in Agama's setting you can choose your music source. If you choose Navradio it will start to work as it should. But unfortunately it only allows you to choose one at a time. I had Spotify as mu source, hence why Navradio wasn't working. Agama should let us choose various sources or it should automatically change (it did a few months ago, it used to work), but yeah I can now confirm the problem is on their side.

Thank you again for all the work and for answering our requests and messages :)

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Yes, I know that we can hold the arrows, but it doesnt work with the steering wheel controls (and that's how I would like to use it). The same way as you added that functionality a few months ago, for the non-fullscreen mode. If it is something fairly easy, I would like for you to give us the option :)

About Agama, I did more tests. The arrows work for changing the station, even if the image and names aren't appearing. I also found that in Agama's setting you can choose your music source. If you choose Navradio it will start to work as it should. But unfortunately it only allows you to choose one at a time. I had Spotify as mu source, hence why Navradio wasn't working. Agama should let us choose various sources or it should automatically change (it did a few months ago, it used to work), but yeah I can now confirm the problem is on their side.

Thank you again for all the work and for answering our requests and messages :)
The steering wheel commands normally can handle the long press too so it can be assigned to seek next/Prev.
What kind of unit do you have?

tiagodvt

Oct 28, 2022
The steering wheel commands normally can handle the long press too so it can be assigned to seek next/Prev.
What kind of unit do you have?
It's a PX5 unit, on Android 10, CPU Octa-Core Cortex A53 1.5G, MCU MTCE_GS_V3.56_3.
It's on a BMW with Canbus. I cant change anything about the steering wheel controls. They all work but I cant change the functionality. I think due to the canbus (is this why I cant get the long press to work?)

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
It's a PX5 unit, on Android 10, CPU Octa-Core Cortex A53 1.5G, MCU MTCE_GS_V3.56_3.
It's on a BMW with Canbus. I cant change anything about the steering wheel controls. They all work but I cant change the functionality. I think due to the canbus (is this why I cant get the long press to work?)
Get into factory settings using code 126 ans turn keys from swf to canbus

Then setup long and short presses for all your keys

Rudream

Mar 17, 2023
Hi, i'm aware of the language problem in the Appgallery version of NavRadio and i already uploaded the fix to Appgallery but Huawei takes 3-4 days to release it. Please be patience some more days...
About the logos, you need to use a different file manager.
TotalCommander is ok. I normally recommend on the PlayStore the app "Material Files" but i don't know if it's available in Russia.
I’m new here. Yesterday installed Navradio+. Fantastic app. Thanks a lot.
I have other problem with logos, I can manually select it, and logo is shown in edit mode preview window, after pressing save it’s not show. If I go back to edit mode again, preview window is empty again. What I doing wrong?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I’m new here. Yesterday installed Navradio+. Fantastic app. Thanks a lot.
I have other problem with logos, I can manually select it, and logo is shown in edit mode preview window, after pressing save it’s not show. If I go back to edit mode again, preview window is empty again. What I doing wrong?
Install "Material Files" from PlayStore and use that for browsing for the logos.

Reactions: Rudream

Torok6

Dec 2, 2020
Xiaomi 11T Pro
IMG_20230317_133220.jpg

Hi cpu supported?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 2.82 is coming out on PlayStore
(On Huawei Appgallery it will take some more days to come out):

- Added Carousel View with up to 11 visible stations
- Band button bring to front NavRadio if it was on background
- Improved advertisement to use the right filemanager for Logos browsing
- Fixed small bug when deleting station
- Added SWC Key codes for buttons 6-7-8-9-0-#-* for TS10

carousel.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,
    I have this Android Radio
    EZoneTronics Carplay Android Auto Car Radio 9 Inch for Mazda 6 Atenza 2002-2008 Touchscreen High Definition GPS Navigation with Bluetooth WiFi SWC USB AM FM Player 2G RAM + 32G ROM

Is there a possibility to use your app ? It tells me that it is not compatible. But I would like to use it because my radio app has problems sometimes there is no sound.
    Attached I have the data of the radio.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Greetings
    Ollie
    I'm sorry but There will be no possibilities for your model.
    I'm working on the newer k4811 instead...
    Hi, I use an Ottocast USB AIO box, the Picasou 2 Pro, this is an app for listening to the radio with all the features I'm looking for. Do you think the developer can work on this device?
    Does this device have a FM radio chip, connected to the original car antenna? This app is for aftermarket Android Head units that replace the original ICE equipment. They universally have a FM chip that is not part of traditional Android; rather controlled by a separate microcontroller and firmware. Real FM radio, nothing to do with the internet. Unless I'm mistaken, apologies if I am, about your device; it is completely outside of the aims of this app. Even if it could access the FM radio, via usb, it would do so in a way that is nothing to do with this app. The developer makes new versions according to the popularity of newer qualifying platforms, I outlined above. I don't imagine it's economically worthwhile to him to develop bespoke versions, at the very low app cost he asks for it.
    After releasing my NavRadio+ for Allwinner and IntelSc9853 devices in december, i finally ported it successfully to MTC/HCT based devices (PX3, PX5. PX6, PX30, Snapdragon655).
    I paste here the first post of my other thread as a presentation of my work:

I have been working since July 2019 this radio FM application originally created by Omega2008 (dipcore) from 4pda and I published it on playstore (with his permission of course) after some beta testing on allwinner and intel sc9853 units.

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    YOU CAN FIND IT HERE:
    V3.21 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.21 GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on the Google PlayStore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo
    and here a review from a friend:
    Review

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 4 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Horizontal Carousel (5-11 items)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA, SOUTH AFRICA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png

NavRadio+ is now available on playstore here:
    [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio[/URL]
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913
    With full support for all MTC devices.
    SOME TIPS:
    TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)
    Some more news for this week (the image should be self explanatory):
    x7TCQF9.png

Then there some more countries with automatic logos:
    Belgium, Czech rep., France (tnx @Timpuli), Hungary, Croatia
    Italian logos are still worked out and I'm waiting for friends to prepare the German and Spanish logos (they are really too many).
    I'm fixing again Agama metadata for no RDS users and liveRDS.
    Other minor bugs are fixed too.
    Next week i'll concentrate on after sleep resuming and AF alternative frequencies.
    I uploaded on YouTube a small video showing the new upcoming Drag&Drop + Swipe feauters of NavRadio+

It's a demostration of the new new drag & drop and swipe features of NavRadio+, now you can
    - Easily Change order of the memorized stations.
    - Delete a station with swipe gesture.
    - Add an Alternative Frequency to a station by dragging.

VIDEO HERE

Suggestions and comments are wellcome ;)
    Then please go ahead and write such app for yourself, if you think that it's so easy and cheap to do.

There's nothing wrong with asking some money for a good software. Things don't have to be for free and I'm pretty sure that @KoTiX2 so far put more hours of work into this project than it payd back, if you look at it at a monitary basis. There surely also is a lot of enthusiasm in this project.