Software Development [Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to UIS7862 and sc9853i FYT devices.

Search This thread

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
So does AF not work at all? For example there is a Radio station called NPO 3FM, and I know all the frequencies out of my head. Wouldn't it be possible than to manually add these alternative frequency's?

I don't listen a lot to the FM Radio, but have to admit: this app looks way better, than what the Chinese put on our units.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
So does AF not work at all? For example there is a Radio station called NPO 3FM, and I know all the frequencies out of my head. Wouldn't it be possible than to manually add these alternative frequency's?

I don't listen a lot to the FM Radio, but have to admit: this app looks way better, than what the Chinese put on our units.
No, AF don't work at all.
Yes, in NavRadio you can edit each station and add up to 9 alternative frequencies.
Then you can switch manually between them sliding up/down in the middle of the screen or DoubleClicking on the station button

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Hi @KoTiX2
I'm really liking the new background Logo enhancements :)

Is it possible, now, to show/hide the regular Logo on Mainscreen and or fullscreen but still keep the background based on Logo. A switch to show/hide Logo on mainscreen and another switch to show/hide Logo on Fullscreen. Something similar to the station buttons (personally I like to see the Logo on the buttons)

Regards, Leigh

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi @KoTiX2
I'm really liking the new background Logo enhancements :)

Is it possible, now, to show/hide the regular Logo on Mainscreen and or fullscreen but still keep the background based on Logo. A switch to show/hide Logo on mainscreen and another switch to show/hide Logo on Fullscreen. Something similar to the station buttons (personally I like to see the Logo on the buttons)

Regards, Leigh
Uhm..ok...
In gridview mode i don't see any problem.
In listview mode if logo is not present it will always show the big frequency.
In Fullscreen the same as listview.
No matters if background is set by logo or a preset or custom backgrounds.

Is this what you need?

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Uhm..ok...
In gridview mode i don't see any problem.
In listview mode if logo is not present it will always show the big frequency.
In Fullscreen the same as listview.
No matters if background is set by logo or a preset or custom backgrounds.

Is this what you need?
Hi,
I'm not sure which one is grid view and which is list view :unsure:

I like to see the Logo Background behind the station name (which is center screen) but I don't want to see the regular logo.
Isn't big frequency selectable show or not?

No pressure ;)
Regards, Leigh

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi,
I'm not sure which one is grid view and which is list view :unsure:

I like to see the Logo Background behind the station name (which is center screen) but I don't want to see the regular logo.
Isn't big frequency selectable show or not?

No pressure ;)
Regards, Leigh
Listview is the vertical stations buttons view mode
Grid view the horizontal buttons
Right now the Big frequency can be hidden if logo is present, in vertical list mode and Fullscreen only.

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
Listview is the vertical stations buttons view mode
Grid view the horizontal buttons
Right now the Big frequency can be hidden if logo is present, in vertical list mode and Fullscreen only.
OK,
I'll have a play on the way to work tomorrow :)
I'll turn off one of the Logos to see what Big Freq looks like.

Regards, Leigh

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Version 2.52 is ready for testers:
FYT: Fixed steering wheels commands seek+/- with long click
FYT: Widget of original launchers now can show the frequency
Allwinner/TS10: Fixed set frequency on boot
Added support for targetSdkVersion 31

Reactions: Petarkco and aiui

Leigh63

Jul 3, 2014
OK,
I'll have a play on the way to work tomorrow :)
I'll turn off one of the Logos to see what Big Freq looks like.

Regards, Leigh
Hi @KoTiX2
I deleted one of the station logos and then used the logo file as a custom background just to get an idea what it would look like, but there is no transparency/fade/zoom with the custom background so I really couldn't get that much of an idea anyway.
I didn't mind that the large Freq is in the middle because the Station Name and radio text still shows below it. Can you add the feature to the next testers release just to see how it works or not (remove it later if it's no good).

I did find a curious bug when testing:
I deleted the station Logo and hit save, then tested the background. Then I changed to another station to compare Logo versus no logo. When I changed back to the station with the deleted logo the logo was automatically re-loaded again.
I didn't mind this behavior, but it does leave a question for anyone who wants to delete the Logo permanently.

Regards, Leigh

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi @KoTiX2
I deleted one of the station logos and then used the logo file as a custom background just to get an idea what it would look like, but there is no transparency/fade/zoom with the custom background so I really couldn't get that much of an idea anyway.
I didn't mind that the large Freq is in the middle because the Station Name and radio text still shows below it. Can you add the feature to the next testers release just to see how it works or not (remove it later if it's no good).

I did find a curious bug when testing:
I deleted the station Logo and hit save, then tested the background. Then I changed to another station to compare Logo versus no logo. When I changed back to the station with the deleted logo the logo was automatically re-loaded again.
I didn't mind this behavior, but it does leave a question for anyone who wants to delete the Logo permanently.

Regards, Leigh
I believe that when you have deleted the logo, you set the station to accept new logos, so when you sinthonized it again, it received the station name and it assigned again the same logo.
Actually there is now way to leave a station without logo unless you disable the automatic assignment.

Reactions: Leigh63

gimmigio

Jan 14, 2011
Rome
No, AF don't work at all.
Yes, in NavRadio you can edit each station and add up to 9 alternative frequencies.
Then you can switch manually between them sliding up/down in the middle of the screen or DoubleClicking on the station button
Just to better understand ...AF doesn't work also for the stock radio or it is only a problem when using Navradio+?

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Just to better understand ...AF doesn't work also for the stock radio or it is only a problem when using Navradio+?
On the stock radio it doesn't work either. You can't even set them manually, so I have two stations with different frequencies. Which is actually the same radio station. Just it broadcasted at different frequencies, within the country.

Last edited:

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
so, seems that something is wrong in deep in these cartablets coming from China. There is no possibility to have AF working on every FM Radio app
@surfer63 told me, it's because the Chinese don't need AF with there FM Radio. They use the same frequency for Winnie The Poo Radio, and this software on our headunits is mainly developed for mainland China.

And actually the FM radio works just fine, when you never leave your own region. I know lots of people, who never leave the region. So they wouldn't even use AF on there Radio.

It would have been nice if it worked, but I don't consider it a big issue. If I mainly would listen to the FM Radio, then I wouldn't even consider buying an Android head-unit.

Last edited:

gimmigio

Jan 14, 2011
Rome
@surfer63 told me, it's because the Chinese don't need AF with there FM Radio. They use the same frequency for Winnie The Poo Radio, and this software on our headunits is mainly developed for mainland China.

And actually the FM radio works just fine, when you never leave your own region. I know lots of people, who never leave the region. So they wouldn't even use AF on there Radio.
Thank You, now is more clear. Probably these chinese tuners are not able to listen at the same time the Signal strenght coming from more than one Radio Station, as it happens in commercial RDS tuners like Pioneer, Sony, etc...

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Thank You, now is more clear. Probably these chinese tuners are not able to listen at the same time the Signal strenght coming from more than one Radio Station, as it happens in commercial RDS tuners like Pioneer, Sony, etc...
The AF work on MTC units . It's not perfect but it work good enough to enjoy a trip accross regions.
On TopWay models work too but because it's not possible to set a search sensitivy, it work a little bit worst than MTC.
On FYT units it's totally broken because the chinese people has implemented something that has nothing to do with searching for an alternative frequency.
AF function should look for stations with same RDS ID (Pi-Code) with stronger signal but this PiCode is somehow totally ignored.
The weird thing is that in the logs you can see that the Pi-Code is received and signal strenght is read but they are handled in some way but the result is a list of stations that doesn't have the same code/ID, so a bunch of casual stations.
I don't know if this function is made in the FM native libraries, MCU or radio chip or all of them, anyway it's something that cannot be corrected by NavRadio or the original radio app because the picode cannot be read/accessed from the apps so a seek by station ID is not possible to implement.

Comments are wellcome ;)

Reactions: Gaugamela and aiui

otheracc

May 18, 2022
Just wanted to say that my audio focus problems that I reported in post #352 (LINK) seem to have been fixed by the last couple of updates. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NavRadio 2.59 is coming out:

- fixed explicit intents
    - fixed crash in pty logo assignment for USA/CANADA
    - fixed bradcastreceiver not initiated before stopping it
    - fixed crash when deleting a station and dialog is opened
    - fixed android12 crash deleting logos
    - Band button switching now iclude also FAV list
    I bought this yesterday for my CC3 and it looks great after a quick play with it.

One issue so far though - I'm in the UK so downloaded the UK logo pack OK from within the app, but the extraction seemed to go on forever and not complete. In the end I copied the file to my USB stick and unzipped them on my PC, but was I just impatient? It must have been going to 10 minutes or so, as it was long enough to trigger the car going into power shutoff mode, is that usual? It's a shame there's no logo auto-assignment for the UK as it's a bit of a pain manually doing it.
    Yep, i'm very sorry about it. Version 2.57 is actually broken. :(

there is a problem with Logo extraction and Dutch language.
    they will be fixed tonight/tomorrow with v2.58.
    Version 2.57 is coming for testers:

Added Nederlands language
    Added BAND hardware button functionality for FYT devices
    Fixed bad launch of app when using FYThwOneKey
    Other fixes...

In this release i added the same function included in the FYTHwOneKey app by @surfer63 (thx to him for that) to start NavRadio with the BAND hardware button and i need that other people to test it for a few days before releasing it to public.
    Please report me how it goes.
    NavRadio 2.60 is coming out:

- added clock & temperature size and font change options
    - fixed BAND switch to FAV only if favorites list is not empty
    - fixed temperature visibility
    - added NavRadio+ background wallpaper to presets
    - revisited Ui settings
    Screenshot_20221126_182042.png

Screenshot_20221126_182245.png
    NavRadio+ version 2.70 is coming out:

- New method for USA and liveRDS users to join RDS strings and display them in RDS text section.
    Station name or frequency are displayed in the main text field.
    - Various small fixes.
    SOME TIPS AND GUIDES

- REMOVE ORIGINAL RADIO APP -​
    There are some issues due to original radio app coexistance. To avoid these issues the best option is to remove the original radio app from the system using the FYT_Radio_REMOVER/RESTORER tool availabe here:

Extract the zip file on the root of a FAT32 USB disk so you have:
    a folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK"
    a folder "lsec_updatesh"
    a file "lsec6315update"
    a file "lsec6316update"
    a file "lsec6521update"

With unit powered up and android running, insert the USB and when prompted press "START".
    This will reboot the unit and run some shell commands to rename the original radio app from "******_com.syu.radio.apk" into "*******_com.syu.radio.bak" so it will not be found by android.
    You will see some linux commands scrolling and at the end you'll see a green text "update success!Pls remove device". Do it and the unit will reboot to android with radio disabled.
    The script will also make copy of the original radio app on the USB in the folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" in case you need it in the future.

TO RESTORE THE ORIGINAL APP
    Simply insert again the USB with same files in it and let the process run again.

Essentially everytime the USB stick is inserted, it remove the original app renaming it with .bak extension or if the .bak file exist it restore it back with .apk extension.
    You can use it as many times you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.
    For USA and Canada the assignment of the logo is is done by searching the frequency of the station in the logo file name.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)

EDIT: Updated FYTRadio remover/restorer with new lsec6315update file
    Hi all,
    I finally ported my NavRadio+ app to FYT based devices with CPU UIS7862, sc9853i and sc9863a!!

It surely don't work on Sofia and older FYT devices.
    I own an Isudar V72 unit with CPU UIS7862 with MCU NOR FYT=1 but it's been confirmed to work on other FYT types too (31, 51 etc..)

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    GET IT HERE:
    V2.56a DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V2.56a GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get NavRadio+ on playstore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png
    Version 2.53 is on the way for testers:
    splash_screen_background_800x480.png

New Splash screen image
    UN-PAUSE from touchscreen can be done even if it's disabled in settings
    FYT: added steering wheel BAND switch function
    Changed Speed, Clock and Temperature widgets can be shown in Main and/or fullscreen
    Added speed unit selection Km/h or MPH
    TS10: Fixed possible bug on RDS name showing
    when update cambus compatibility to show radio freq ?
    Hey, I'm a single developer that do this as an hobby.
    I wish to have more time but I have a real life with a family to care about and a real job too
    Things will come when i found the time to work on them.

I try to dedicate to this app as much time as i can but please understand that in my priorities I always put first the bugs fixing to leave a usable version of the app in playstore.

To fix the canbus stuff first i need a car with canbus that i don't have, then I need to understand how the radio send the freq info to canbus.
    The original radio app is a mess code coming from all older versions of FYT devices and it's really hard to understand how they managed everything.
    If anybody wish to help me on this part is very wellcome ;)
    Hi, unfortunately for me the app conflicts with the original app of the radio. When I switch on the car, the original app starts by default, then if I finish the original one and start navradio it works. All this on radio isudar qled 6 g of ram 128 of rom.
    Yes, on all fyt units right now it's working in this way.
    I'll release a tool to disable the original radio app flashing a command with an USB disk.
    please be patience a little more...