Software Development [Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to UIS7862 and sc9853i FYT devices.

Search This thread

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
That should do it, but the last 3 lines should also be doubled.
Code:
chmod 0755 /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio
chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk
chmod 0644 /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk

I do not understand the "chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio/190000008_com.syu.radio.apk".
The chown -R 0:0 is to make root as owner:group recursively to a folder including contents.
Do you actually mean "chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio" ?

Which would then lead to:
Code:
chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio
chown -R 0.0 /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio
Final code for Restorer script is then:
Bash:
mv /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio/190000008_com.syu.radio.bak /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio/190000008_com.syu.radio.apk
mv /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.bak /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk
cp -rf  /storage/sdcard1/BACKUP_RADIO_APK/190000008_com.syu.radio.apk  /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio/190000008_com.syu.radio.apk
cp -rf  /storage/sdcard1/BACKUP_RADIO_APK/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk
chmod 0644 /oem/app/190000008_com.syu.radio/190000008_com.syu.radio.apk
chmod 0644 /oem/app/190043001_com.syu.radio/190043001_com.syu.radio.apk

Do you think i should make these scripts for all platform including all the files:

lsec6315update => uis7862 (ums512) => 7862lsec.sh
lsec6316update => sc9863a (uis8581a) => 8581lsec.sh
lsec6521update => sc9853i => lsec.sh
lsec6523update => sc7731 (uis8141e) => lsec.sh

or just the first 2?

Here the links for the REMOVER:
DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX
DOWNLOAD FROM GDRIVE

Here the links for the RESTORER:
DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX
DOWNLOAD FROM GDRIVE

Last edited:
Reactions: crocedelsud

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
Hi guys!

I created a small script to remove and restore the original Radio app.
WILL COMWE SOON

TO REMOVE:
All you have to do is to extract the zip file on the root of a FAT32 USB disk so you have:

a folder "lsec_updatesh"
and a file "lsec6315update"

With unit powered up and android running, insert the USB and when prompted press "START".
This will reboot the unit and run some shell commands to rename the original radio app from "190000008_com.syu.radio.apk" into "190000008_com.syu.radio.bak" so it will not be found by android.
You will see some linux commands and some text in CAPITAL letters scrolling..., at the end you'll see a green text "update success!Pls remove device". Do it and the unit will reboot to android with radio disabled.
The script will also create on USB a folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" that contain a copy of the original radio app.

TO RESTORE:
To restore to original state, simply insert again the USB disk with same files and folders that you extracted before and with the "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" folder with original file in it.
This time you'll see some red text during scrolling text phase, don't worry about it work in this way.

TO REMOVE ONCE AGAIN:
delete from USB disk the folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" and all can start over

ATTENTION: before to delete the "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" or the file in it, be sure you have the original radio app working correctly on your unit

Tomorrow i'll probably make other scripts to "Remove only" and "Restore only" the app that will help people to avoid mistakes.

Let's see what you guys think ;)

EDIT: Nevermind I'll make new independent scripts to remove and to restore the radio app.
This seemed to work on my unit to prevent auto-start, but the radio still shows up when pressing the "source" on my steering wheel. Maybe I should re-run it to put it back :D

Should I try the new script also?

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
@KoTiX2 ...
Note though that not all radio apks are called "190000008_com.syu.radio.apk". The Joying is called "190043001_com.syu.radio.apk".
Point.
On my unit I have 2 files that could be the radio:
190000000_com.syu.carradio
and
190000009_2000_com.syu.radio

I can modify the script to do the fix, but not sure which one of those is it.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Final code for Restorer script is then:

Do you think i should make these scripts for all platform including all the files:

lsec6315update => uis7862 (ums512) => 7862lsec.sh
lsec6316update => sc9863a (uis8581a) => 8581lsec.sh
lsec6521update => sc9853i => lsec.sh
lsec6523update => sc7731 (uis8141e) => lsec.sh
Code seems to be correct.
script 1 and 2 should work.
script 3 is unnecessary as your radio app doesn't work on the sc9853i
I have no idea about the 7731. Never read something about it, but it uses the exact same structures and Allapp.pkg as the sc9853i. Soe maybe your radio app doesn't work either on the 7731.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Point.
On my unit I have 2 files that could be the radio:
190000000_com.syu.carradio
and
190000009_2000_com.syu.radio

I can modify the script to do the fix, but not sure which one of those is it.
Like Kotix2 already mentioned: The second one. Do not remove the carradio if you also have a CANbus.
Please mention what kind of brand of FYT uis7862 you have.

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
Like Kotix2 already mentioned: The second one. Do not remove the carradio if you also have a CANbus.
Please mention what kind of brand of FYT uis7862 you have.
I did both, assuming the unit was similar to the others, but since I don't have canbus, I guess I'm ok? Script ran and worked a treat! thanks so much for the hard work.

There was mention earlier on renaming the navradio+ to the same name as the oem radio apk, is that an option also?

my unit: MCU PSTAR_53_L6315_G23P4864_V:1.0

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I did both, assuming the unit was similar to the others, but since I don't have canbus, I guess I'm ok? Script ran and worked a treat! thanks so much for the hard work.

There was mention earlier on renaming the navradio+ to the same name as the oem radio apk, is that an option also?

my unit: MCU PSTAR_53_L6315_G23P4864_V:1.0
No, renaming does nothing in android because apps are identified by their internal package name not the file name.
Infact all the different names of the radio app like yours 190000009_2000_com.syu.radio
Or 190000008_com.syu.radio or the one from joying are essentially the same app made with package "com.syu.radio".
FYT use different names for the different customers but the app is almost the same except some graphics and some code.

We should collect all the different names that we can find so I can add them to the script...

Last edited:

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
here's something unexpected. I just went out to restore my carradio.apk and the unit came up with radio playing, but no app running, so that was fun. I started NavRadio+ and it switched stations to the last one I was on with it, so something in the unit is turning on the radio circuits even without an app. I haven't been able to repeat the issue, but will monitor it and see if it happens again (i.e. from full power down vs reboot)

(I like silence when I start, so nothing is set to start when the unit starts)

edit: It didn't do it again after cold bot.

Last edited:

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
I was planning on testing this on my sc9853i unit, a TEyes SPro/CC2, at some point.

@surfer63 Why won't it work on the sc9853i units?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
here's something unexpected. I just went out to restore my carradio.apk and the unit came up with radio playing, but no app running, so that was fun. I started NavRadio+ and it switched stations to the last one I was on with it, so something in the unit is turning on the radio circuits even without an app. I haven't been able to repeat the issue, but will monitor it and see if it happens again (i.e. from full power down vs reboot)

(I like silence when I start, so nothing is set to start when the unit starts)

edit: It didn't do it again after cold bot.
Look at my Q&A https://xdaforums.com/t/q-a-tips-info-roll-up-joying-fyt-sc9853i.3979377/ bullet #22

"I like silence.......": I have explained this before: builtin car radios mostly start the last playing audo app, but you can switch that off. FYT mimics that behaviour by either starting the radio or the last used media player. There is a property to switch that off via a script.

Reactions: KoTiX2

Zvonimir_G.

Aug 1, 2010
Absolutely.
Same for music, BT, video and a few other apks. Also because they are slightly different, although they are all 100% compatible. The Joying music player for example has more functionality than all the other FYT music players.
Just unpack the AllAppUpdate.bin for Joying and you will see.

And you are right about the if-then-else not being possible.
My own scripts also contain double entries (how could I have forgotten :rolleyes:)
Is it possible to use Joying music player on Navifly fyt unit?

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
Look at my Q&A https://xdaforums.com/t/q-a-tips-info-roll-up-joying-fyt-sc9853i.3979377/ bullet #22

"I like silence.......": I have explained this before: builtin car radios mostly start the last playing audo app, but you can switch that off. FYT mimics that behaviour by either starting the radio or the last used media player. There is a property to switch that off via a script.
Yes! That's where I saw that. :D. I'm good for now, but a link to that script might be helpful in the referenced thread?

spludgey

Aug 21, 2008
First time caller, long time listener:
I think it would be great if you could update the OP to include the scripts and how to use them.

Good work, by the way!

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Is it possible to use Joying music player on Navifly fyt unit?
Yes, I already wrote a script for it. Soon to be released.
The extra functionality of the Joying player is that it is also a "folder based" media player. I don't use playlists (these Android units with removable storage are simply not "cache storage safe" enough). I have my collections in folders, for me that is enough. I modded the player a little to have a better layout in split-screen mode (well, I think it is better) and also made a "dark mode" version of the player (not switchable) because in evenings I find the screen way too bright. I tested and modded the uis7862 player and it works just as fine on my current sc9853i.

Reactions: Zvonimir_G.

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
First time caller, long time listener:
I think it would be great if you could update the OP to include the scripts and how to use them.

Good work, by the way!
I perfectly agree with you but i have a real life and a real job too ;)
As soon as I can i'll add all the new stuff to first 2 posts of this thread including some tips that are already in the other XDA sections/threads

EDIT: added new and updated scripts in 2 post.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    principiálne prosím, východná Európa nie je Rusko. Nechcem byť spájaný ani v aplikácii. Prepáč :)
    First: it's mandatory to write in English on this forum!

Second: It doesn't mean that Russia is part of eastern Europe.
    It just mean that you will see a list of countries of eastern Europe and Russia.
    I don't care about any politics, ethics or whatever else stuff.
    They are just world areas and regions for me that's all.
    Please next time use an English screenshot which makes it more clear to non-Dutch users here.
    As for the photo, there are plenty of photos in Russian that are of no use to me.
    I said please.
    That others do not behave according the policy and regulations of this forum, doesn't mean you should not try to.
    slecht gedrag van de één geeft anderen niet de vrije hand hetzelfde te doen. Probeer het goed te doen.
    Uis7870 use a totally different firmware . I don't even think it's still a FYT based software. The radio apk Is totally different too so it's not compatible .
    Definitely FYT. Everything is very similar to the 7862 boards just with newer SoC. It appears to be the same type of MCU and radio chips.
    System apps are just signed with custom keys now and not Google keys so some modding is trickier.
    No lsec uodate scripts either.

Hopefully NavRadio can work with it though. Anything I can provide to test?
    It's genuine Android 13 don't know if that's relevant.
    I've written a lot. I translated it into English through a translator, sent a post, and then Google translated it back to Russian for me.....
    Kotix will get confused-)))
    I'll write briefly:
    I have saved the DFM station in Moscow on the frequency 101.2. (button No. 1). I saved the logo. I manually wrote, as I like, the name of the station "RadioDFM". Entered SID 30473. I saved it.
    I'm driving through the Ryazan region. AF found "DFM". But he hisses and wheezes. I use "seek +" to find a radio, this is "Russian radio", it is on the frequency 101.2 (photo in the previous post). Everything suits me. Both the repertoire and the power of reception. Questions:
    1) What do I see on the screen? (what is the logo and name and what about RDS?)
    2) If I save this "Russian Radio" on the next button (for example, No. 2) in order to hear this radio again on the way back, what will be displayed on the saved button No. 1?
    3) What will be displayed on button No. 1 and No. 2 when returning to Moscow?
    This is the simplest and most frequently used radio operation on the road.
    I am trying to show all the answers to these questions in all previous posts.
    I would be grateful if you somehow understand this situation and come up with something. Thanks
    I think kiotis hair caught fire hahahahahahahah
    First: it's mandatory to write in English on this forum!

Second: It doesn't mean that Russia is part of eastern Europe.
    It just mean that you will see a list of countries of eastern Europe and Russia.
    I don't care about any politics, ethics or whatever else stuff.
    They are just world areas and regions for me that's all.
    Use report button, that's what I did and - mod addressed it.
    SOME TIPS AND GUIDES

RADIO PROXY
    I slightly modify the surce code of MusicProxy (from Koenig) to create a RadioProxy app that replace the original radio app with a shortcut to NavRadio+ so you won't need to remove the original app with my "remover/Installer" tool.
    If you have already removed the original radio app, please use again my tool to restore it.
    Starting from version 1.2 RadioProxy does much more then being a simple short cut. It's becoming a real companion of navRadio+.
    With version 1.2 RadioProxy now can read the RDS ID of the sinthonized station and broadcast some infos to Navradio+ that will help it with:
    - automatic logo assignement based on the stations id and not only by their names
    - automatic switch of stored Alternative Frequencies
    - automatic seeking of Altenative Frequencies based on id search

RadioproxyFYT_1.3.apk

It will run the full or basic version of NavRadio depending of which one you have installed.
    If you have both it will run by default the full version of NavRadio+.
    If you need to run a different app or force the basic version you need to add the config file with specified in it the "PackageName" of the app to run:
    PackageName=com.navimods.radio_free

The config file must be named RadioProxy.cfg
    and copied in a folder like this:
    /sdcard/RadioProxy/RadioProxy.cfg

To REMOVE RadioProxy follow these steps:
    Settings - Device - Applications - RadioProxy - Three dots in the upper right corner - Delete updates

(Thx to koenig for providing the source code of MusicProxy).

Previous version: RadioProxyFYT_1.1.apk
    RadioproxyFYT_1.2.apk
    ----------------------------------------

- REMOVE ORIGINAL RADIO APP (OBSOLETE USE RADIOPROXY INSTEAD)-​
    There are some issues due to original radio app coexistance. To avoid these issues the best option is to remove the original radio app from the system using the FYT_Radio_REMOVER/RESTORER tool availabe here:

Extract the zip file on the root of a FAT32 USB disk so you have:
    a folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK"
    a folder "lsec_updatesh"
    a file "lsec6315update"
    a file "lsec6316update"
    a file "lsec6521update"

With unit powered up and android running, insert the USB and when prompted press "START".
    This will reboot the unit and run some shell commands to rename the original radio app from "******_com.syu.radio.apk" into "*******_com.syu.radio.bak" so it will not be found by android.
    You will see some linux commands scrolling and at the end you'll see a green text "update success!Pls remove device". Do it and the unit will reboot to android with radio disabled.
    The script will also make copy of the original radio app on the USB in the folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" in case you need it in the future.

TO RESTORE THE ORIGINAL APP
    Simply insert again the USB with same files in it and let the process run again.

Essentially everytime the USB stick is inserted, it remove the original app renaming it with .bak extension or if the .bak file exist it restore it back with .apk extension.
    You can use it as many times you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.
    For USA and Canada the assignment of the logo is is done by searching the frequency of the station in the logo file name.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)

EDIT: Updated FYTRadio remover/restorer with new lsec6315update file
    Hi all,
    I finally ported my NavRadio+ app to FYT based devices with CPU UIS7862, sc9853i and sc9863a!!

It surely don't work on Sofia and older FYT devices.
    I own an Isudar V72 unit with CPU UIS7862 with MCU NOR FYT=1 but it's been confirmed to work on other FYT types too (31, 51 etc..)

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    GET IT HERE:
    V3.19 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.19 GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on the Google PlayStore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA, SOUTH AFRICA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png
    Ok then... The new version 3.16 is on the way to PlayStore with fixes and the "set station by picode" request ;)

- Fixed bad highlight of stations using steering wheel commands
    - Fixed ClearList not cleaning stations
    - Fixed small frequency text in carousel view
    - Stations are now set by pi-code when it's received
    Coming up on next v3.13:

- (FYT) Fixed issue with MODE button and launcher icon
    - (FYT) AFSeek is now disabled if another player is playing
    - (FYT) Fixed some more afseek bugs
    - Increased text sizes in Split Screen
    - Fixed another bug while merging stations
    Navradio version 3.14 is on the way.
    Here the changelog:
    - Changed Stations numbering in grid view
    - Improved sliding movements and pagination of stations buttons
    - Changed "Frequency Merge" setting selectable by "Off-AfterConfirmation-Fully Automatic"
    - Updated Morocco and Portugal logos