Software Development [Dev] New "NavRadio+" ported to UIS7862 and sc9853i FYT devices.

Search This thread

Mrbaird2020

Feb 10, 2021
Based upon reading through the post I'm assuming developer options enable and USB debugging enable to apply the radio add/removal tool I have done this and still does nothing upon inserting the USB ! Ideas suggestions? Iv emailed kotix about compatibility says should work!

I've never enabled USB debugging and managed to remove the original radio app no problem.

It should be a FAT32 formatted USB drive with the following on it...

a folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK"
a folder "lsec_updatesh"
a file "lsec6315update"
a file "lsec6316update"
a file "lsec6521update"

These should not be in any folder but on the root of the drive.

Can you show us a screenshot of how you have the files on the USB drive?
When done correctly it should detect the USB automatically and a pop-up will appear with a start button and a countdown timer.

Mrbaird2020

Feb 10, 2021
Yes sir

Attachments

• PXL_20230102_210613727.jpg
    PXL_20230102_210613727.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 66

Mrbaird2020

Feb 10, 2021
I've never enabled USB debugging and managed to remove the original radio app no problem.

It should be a FAT32 formatted USB drive with the following on it...

a folder "lsec_updatesh"
a file "lsec6315update"
a file "lsec6316update"
a file "lsec6521update"

These should not be in any folder but on the root of the drive.

Can you show us a screenshot of how you have the files on the USB drive?
When done correctly it should detect the USB automatically and a pop-up will appear with a start button and a countdown timer.
Here's info on my radio as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20221221_204827901.jpg
    PXL_20221221_204827901.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20221020_004518537.jpg
    PXL_20221020_004518537.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 73

Mrbaird2020

Feb 10, 2021
You have a Topway based TS10 MCU and firmware. That is currently not supported as far as I know. It's completely different from a FYT unit despite the same CPU and audio hardware.
It also means that the flashing process is completely different. This will not work.
Thank you my brain can rest! I had sent these pic to kotix he said would work but I won't waste anymore effort for the time being!

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Thank you my brain can rest! I had sent these pic to kotix he said would work but I won't waste anymore effort for the time being!
???
You have a TS10, the script cannot work on your units. I doubt i said the contrary...
You can disable the original radio app in factorysettings/config removing the flag to the radio.

Mrbaird2020

Feb 10, 2021
???
You have a TS10, the script cannot work on your units. I doubt i said the contrary...
You can disable the original radio app in factorysettings/config removing the flag to the radio.
I think we or I miss communicated..email Im referring to app working on my radio! with us discussing the remover/tool is where you are correct ! Sorry for the mix up! As far as settings theirs built in settings and car settings app which one do I look for the switch to flag the radio off?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
I think we or I miss communicated..email Im referring to app working on my radio! with us discussing the remover/tool is where you are correct ! Sorry for the mix up! As far as settings theirs built in settings and car settings app which one do I look for the switch to flag the radio off?
In the settings menu that you posted pictures, go to factory, insert password (123456 i guess)
Then go to "config" and you find the "Radio" to switch off

Reactions: Mrbaird2020
Dec 22, 2009
Hi!
i'm using the app since a few months ago. It works well on my ts10 but i have a strange problem: the app works good for a few days then it starts to became very slow, it won't change station or will do it and after a few second display the change (i hear the radio station changing but the logo remain the same of the previous station.
Hud display won't work, and app will become unresponsive. Reboot, clear cache and app data won't help. The only thing that i can do is unistall the app, reinstall, restore setting. It will work ok for a while and than i will have the same problem
Any suggestion?

Warex16

Feb 21, 2021
Hi, sorry if this has been covered. I couldn't find through thread search.

I'm in the USA. But if I go to Settings->Logos, I am promoted to set my Logo Region.

However, if I tap the button to select Nationality of Logos, the title text says my Radio Region is Central & South America so I can only pick those countries.

Where can I change the region to get USA? I've looked through all the settings but seem to be missing it.

I've been using the app by setting it manually for a while and it's awesome. I'd just love if so could set this bit up.

Thanks!

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hi, sorry if this has been covered. I couldn't find through thread search.

I'm in the USA. But if I go to Settings->Logos, I am promoted to set my Logo Region.

However, if I tap the button to select Nationality of Logos, the title text says my Radio Region is Central & South America so I can only pick those countries.

Where can I change the region to get USA? I've looked through all the settings but seem to be missing it.

I've been using the app by setting it manually for a while and it's awesome. I'd just love if so could set this bit up.

Thanks!
If you don't see the region option in NavRadio settings, means that you must select it the factory settings of your unit and mostly you don't have a FYT unit but an MTC one.
You probably have it set to South America or america2 or whatever your unit have as options in those settings.

Warex16

Feb 21, 2021
If you don't see the region option in NavRadio settings, means that you must select it the factory settings of your unit and mostly you don't have a FYT unit but an MTC one.
You probably have it set to South America or america2 or whatever your unit have as options in those settings.
Thanks. Yeah my unit is MTC. That explains it.

Any idea where that might be set? I can't find it anywhere.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Ciao @KoTiX2, da qualche mese uso la tua app e la trovo molto bella, complimenti e grazie per la tua dedizione.

Edit:

Hello @KoTiX2, for a few months I use your app and I find it very beautiful, congratulations and thanks for your dedication.

Edit: excuse me I inadvertently sent the post without having completed it and moreover in Italian

Reactions: KoTiX2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    principiálne prosím, východná Európa nie je Rusko. Nechcem byť spájaný ani v aplikácii. Prepáč :)
    First: it's mandatory to write in English on this forum!

Second: It doesn't mean that Russia is part of eastern Europe.
    It just mean that you will see a list of countries of eastern Europe and Russia.
    I don't care about any politics, ethics or whatever else stuff.
    They are just world areas and regions for me that's all.
    Yes probably different unit but same result for my problem - still not able to sestup FM1/FM2 (FAV1/FAV2)
    Next release will have FM, FM2, FM3
    There will be probably an option in the settings to enable FM2 and FM3 just like for AM
    Hi All,

I was trying search in this thread and also outside but without any success so maybe you can help ne and apologies if it was already discussed here. I am just wondering if it is possible to have more bands like FM1 and FM2? Different radios station in different location so would be great to just swap FM1 for one location and FM 2 for other. Or do I miss something from app functionality?

edit: or how to create FAV List 1 and FAV List 2 and so on?

Thanks a lot for any advice

Pavel
    Right now I'm very busy porting the app to another model but when I'll have time I'll try to add FM1, FM2 etc...
    Next release will have FM, FM2, FM3
    There will be probably an option in the settings to enable FM2 and FM3 just like for AM
    @KoTiX2 really appreciate quick respond and solving, thanks a lot
    Do not really understand your replay.yes I have purchased paid version as free version worked fine on my units and yes I also checked type of head units. As dar as I understood the difference between free and paid version is to have logo station and some other fine tunes. There is no conment about FM1/ FM2 or FAV1/2 option so really do not understand what I should really check in first post.
    Or maybe I miss something so please …
    Paid or not paid has nothing to do with it.
    Referring to post 1 is because it is very clear from your screenshot that you do not have a FYT. But that reference is not completely correct as you already mentioned that it does work on your non-FYT units.
    But the fact that your unit is not a FYT unit, makes me wonder why you ask in the FYT forum and not in the sub-forum where NavRadio is discussed for your brand/reseller of unit.

And w.r.t to different radio stations in different locations: Do you mean the same radio station in another location? -> Use RDS.
    Otherwise: Export your preferences for one region and when you go to another region with those other radio stations: create them and export those as well.
    And import the set that you need at that moment in that region.
    SOME TIPS AND GUIDES

RADIO PROXY
    I slightly modify the surce code of MusicProxy (from Koenig) to create a RadioProxy app that replace the original radio app with a shortcut to NavRadio+ so you won't need to remove the original app with my "remover/Installer" tool.
    If you have already removed the original radio app, please use again my tool to restore it.
    Starting from version 1.2 RadioProxy does much more then being a simple short cut. It's becoming a real companion of navRadio+.
    With version 1.2 RadioProxy now can read the RDS ID of the sinthonized station and broadcast some infos to Navradio+ that will help it with:
    - automatic logo assignement based on the stations id and not only by their names
    - automatic switch of stored Alternative Frequencies
    - automatic seeking of Altenative Frequencies based on id search

RadioproxyFYT_1.3.apk

It will run the full or basic version of NavRadio depending of which one you have installed.
    If you have both it will run by default the full version of NavRadio+.
    If you need to run a different app or force the basic version you need to add the config file with specified in it the "PackageName" of the app to run:
    PackageName=com.navimods.radio_free

The config file must be named RadioProxy.cfg
    and copied in a folder like this:
    /sdcard/RadioProxy/RadioProxy.cfg

To REMOVE RadioProxy follow these steps:
    Settings - Device - Applications - RadioProxy - Three dots in the upper right corner - Delete updates

(Thx to koenig for providing the source code of MusicProxy).

Previous version: RadioProxyFYT_1.1.apk
    RadioproxyFYT_1.2.apk
    ----------------------------------------

- REMOVE ORIGINAL RADIO APP (OBSOLETE USE RADIOPROXY INSTEAD)-​
    There are some issues due to original radio app coexistance. To avoid these issues the best option is to remove the original radio app from the system using the FYT_Radio_REMOVER/RESTORER tool availabe here:

Extract the zip file on the root of a FAT32 USB disk so you have:
    a folder "lsec_updatesh"
    a file "lsec6315update"
    a file "lsec6316update"
    a file "lsec6521update"

With unit powered up and android running, insert the USB and when prompted press "START".
    This will reboot the unit and run some shell commands to rename the original radio app from "******_com.syu.radio.apk" into "*******_com.syu.radio.bak" so it will not be found by android.
    You will see some linux commands scrolling and at the end you'll see a green text "update success!Pls remove device". Do it and the unit will reboot to android with radio disabled.
    The script will also make copy of the original radio app on the USB in the folder "BACKUP_RADIO_APK" in case you need it in the future.

TO RESTORE THE ORIGINAL APP
    Simply insert again the USB with same files in it and let the process run again.

Essentially everytime the USB stick is inserted, it remove the original app renaming it with .bak extension or if the .bak file exist it restore it back with .apk extension.
    You can use it as many times you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

TOGGLE SCREEN NORMAL/FULL:
    - Double Click on the station information toggle fullscreen on/off.

NORMAL SCREEN:
    - Long press on the station information popup the "ADD Station" dialog window if the station is not in your station list. If it's already in your list, it will focus the relative station button.
    - Long press on a station button bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window
    - Single press on screen arrows <> does a small frequency step fwd/back
    - Long Press on screen arrows does a quick search fwd/back

FULLSCREEN MODE:
    - A Single press of the arrows <> switch to next/previous station
    -A Long press on station information(center of the screen) bring up the "EDIT Station" dialog window.
    - In interface settings you can remove the big frequency in background if a logo is available.
    - In settings you can hide status bar, activate the clock and a speed gauge

STEERING WHEELS CONTROLS:
    - The steering wheels commands act exactly in the same way as the fullscreen arrows, they just need to be setup in the correct way in carsettings application.

FAVORITE LIST:
    - The FAV list is the result of merging FM and AM favorites, so you can have both frequencies in the same list.
    - FAV stations can be edited within the fav list but cannot be added. You need to be on fm or am list to add a station and set it to favs.
    - Deleting the FAV list will just remove the fav flag from the fm/am stations but will not delete them.
    - Deleting AM/FM list it will delete the FAV list too.

LOGOS:
    - you can use your own station logos, you just need to know where you have them stored and browse for them when editing a station.
    - To get the stations Logos from the app you have to set the nationality of the logos in the interface menu, download and extract them.
    Once they are extracted you have to edit each saved station to assign the logo image to it.
    - The automatic assignment of the Logos is based on the RDS id of the radio stations (pi code) and the search of the logo by RDS name.
    The first method (by id) is faster and more precise but it needs that the name of the logo contain the picode of the station and for this purpose i renamed them for some of the available countries. Of course i cannot make them all and the functionality of this method depend of the availability of correctly named logo images for your country.
    The second method (by name) is less accurate and it work comparing the RDS name with all available logos. If the rsult of the comparison is 100% correct the logo is autoamatically assigned. If the result are more then one logo, a dialog window popup asking you to choose it.
    For USA and Canada the assignment of the logo is is done by searching the frequency of the station in the logo file name.

AF (Alternative Frequencies) handling: (Doubleclick to switch between stored AF)
    AF service allows the radio tuner to tune in to an alternative frequency when the signal becomes too weak. The minimum level signal can be set in factory settings (Auto Search Stop) and has been found
    that around 30 db is the best choice.
    To improve even more this service I added an automatic storing of the alternative frequencies so that every time a new frequency is received, it's added in a list.
    After an autoscan some radio stations can be found on different frequencies, NavRadio+ have an option (in Settings/radio) to automatically merge the frequencies in just one button populating the AF list
    The frequencies available in this list can be selected using the station editor or switched one by one DOUBLECLICKING on the station button.

NOTES:
    I'm the only developer of the app and I work on it every single day for some hours a day.
    I try my best to develope the app at best of my possibilities and I wish at evey release that it is bug and crash free.
    This is very hard to achieve, even if I have some very good friends that help me testing it.
    I'm really thankful to them for their help and support.

Thank everybody who beleive in my work and thanks for understanding. :)

EDIT: Updated FYTRadio remover/restorer with new lsec6315update file
    Hi all,
    I finally ported my NavRadio+ app to FYT based devices with CPU UIS7862, sc9853i and sc9863a!!

It surely don't work on Sofia and older FYT devices.
    I own an Isudar V72 unit with CPU UIS7862 with MCU NOR FYT=1 but it's been confirmed to work on other FYT types too (31, 51 etc..)

A FREE VERSION FOR XDA USERS IS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE XDA RULES AND TO LET USERS TEST THE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING IT.
    GET IT HERE:
    V3.19 DROPBOX LINK
    or
    V3.19 GDRIVE LINK
    IT DIFFER FROM PAYED VERSION JUST IN TERMS OF USER CUSTOMIZATIONS OPTIONS AND NO LOGOS SUPPORT.

If you are sure that your unit is compatible with the app you can get it on the Google PlayStore, here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navimods.radio
    or on the Huawei Appgallery at this link:
    https://appgallery.huawei.com/app/C107643913

Here you can see a sample video of my working progresses:
    Sample Video
    Here a demonstration video of the automatic assignment of Logos, station name and alternative frequencies:
    Demo

It's widely customizable in the graphics and layouts:
    - Wallpapers: Presets (about 30), system wallpaper, solid color, from personal images
    - Color themes (20 predefined or personal adjustments)
    - Night mode on / off, timed or automatic with car lights (MTC only)
    - Resizable text elements and Font choice
    - 3 view modes:
    Vertical List (Left/Right and5,6 or 6 buttons)
    Horizontal Grid (1x5, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x3, 3x4, 3x5)
    Fullscreen (double tap or timed)
    - Selectable inactivity timer for fullscreen activation
    - Toggable StatusBar in fullscreen mode
    - Toggable Clock and GPS speed in fullscreen
    - Toggable Frequency slider
    - Automatic and manual assignement of Logo images to the stored radio stations based on RDS id and station name scraping.
    - Logos can be downloaded from internet DIRECTLY IN THE APP or sideloaded.
    - Station lists can be sorted by name or frequency and saved/restored in a Json format
    - Improved RDS AF function with automatic storing and merging of alternative frequencies found
    - Notifications Toasts
    - Selectable Radio Region
    - Station editable elements : Position, Frequency, Name, Logo, Favorites
    - 2 Homepage Widgets, horizontal and vertical design
    - Floating widget
    - Autostart on boot option
    - Support 800x480, 1024x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 display resolutions
    - Resizable Texts elements
    - App full settings backup/restore function

List of available Logos by nationality, in Bold the ones with automatic Logos assignement functionality (by RDS id):

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Cyprus,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perù

USA: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Island, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Winsconsin, Wyoming

CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINE
    MOROCCO, TUNISIA, SOUTH AFRICA
    AUSTRALIA, NEW ZAELAND

Some pictures:
    1S3mHPul.png
    GLZUaNcl.png
    BWakEZHl.png
    sSiu1Otl.png

9ecxWEI.png
    iCr42okl.png
    vNqsB5zl.png
    0Nyk1grl.png
    zTteN75.png
    C6uCg0y.png
    NQ8eATB.png
    TOgJo5U.png
    Ok then... The new version 3.16 is on the way to PlayStore with fixes and the "set station by picode" request ;)

- Fixed bad highlight of stations using steering wheel commands
    - Fixed ClearList not cleaning stations
    - Fixed small frequency text in carousel view
    - Stations are now set by pi-code when it's received
    Coming up on next v3.13:

- (FYT) Fixed issue with MODE button and launcher icon
    - (FYT) AFSeek is now disabled if another player is playing
    - (FYT) Fixed some more afseek bugs
    - Increased text sizes in Split Screen
    - Fixed another bug while merging stations
    Navradio version 3.14 is on the way.
    Here the changelog:
    - Changed Stations numbering in grid view
    - Improved sliding movements and pagination of stations buttons
    - Changed "Frequency Merge" setting selectable by "Off-AfterConfirmation-Fully Automatic"
    - Updated Morocco and Portugal logos