• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV ONLY] CyanogenMod 12.0 Bringup for Condor

Search This thread

ashwin007

Sep 6, 2013
Chennai
A couple of people were starting to work on CyanogenMod 12. Hopefully they are still interested in working on these projects. I am posting this as a place to share branches and collaborate if there is still interest in helping.My trees build perfectly.And the recovery baked from the cm-12 tree has display,touch working.But while installing zip I get a weird status-7 'failed to execute update binary.but since the Display,touch is working,it will be a pretty easy for working LP build.Please noobs stay away from asking weird questions.

At this point,I need support from any dev willing to work for this project.My trees are here.

https://github.com/ashwinr64/android_device_motorola_condor/
https://github.com/ashwinr64/android_kernel_motorola_msm8610
https://github.com/ashwinr64/android_vendor_motorola_condor

Btw,no hard feelings for anyone out there including @#buzz
I hope we can port LP very easily soon.

ashwin007

Sep 6, 2013
Chennai
Why dont u use philz touch recovery or CWm for flashing
on cm and twrp recovery I also sometimes get those errors
Philz doesn't support --block flashing or the new method of flashing LP.our twrp has not properly implemented fstab for installation and I'm not able to make twrp with new fstab in cm-12.0 tree as it is throwing a lot of error messages and I currently don't have any kitkat based ROM tree due to my computer corruption few days ago.
I will be trying a clean build 2day.

Last edited:

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai
A couple of people were starting to work on CyanogenMod 12. Hopefully they are still interested in working on these projects. I am posting this as a place to share branches and collaborate if there is still interest in helping.My trees build perfectly.And the recovery baked from the cm-12 tree has display,touch working.But while installing zip I get a weird status-7 'failed to execute update binary.but since the Display,touch is working,it will be a pretty easy for working LP build.Please noobs stay away from asking weird questions.

At this point,I need support from any dev willing to work for this project.My trees are here.

Which version of cwm recovery is in the build?

ashwin007

Sep 6, 2013
Chennai
@ashwin007 is it compiling ? (kernel source )

Edit :

This should help https://github.com/KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm8610/compare/cm-11.0...cm-12.0
check if some commits are missing
Ya the kernel compiles perfectly.I have cherry-picked all those commits.and display and touch working.installation is the roadblock

Could you do me a favour?
Can you build twrp from kk tree using my fstab in
My device tree.and don't forget to add 'e2fsck' package to device.mk.thanks in advance!!!!!!
BTW I love your t2u.amazing!!!!
P.s:even my native place is Coimbatore.

EDIT:Well @ace312 its no more cwm in cm tree.its cyanogen recovery made by cm

Last edited:

goutamniwas

Apr 2, 2012
coimbatore
www.galaxyminidoubts.co.cc
Ya the kernel compiles perfectly.I have cherry-picked all those commits.and display and touch working.installation is the roadblock

Could you do me a favour?
Can you build twrp from kk tree using my fstab in
My device tree.and don't forget to add 'e2fsck' package to device.mk.thanks in advance!!!!!!
BTW I love your t2u.amazing!!!!
P.s:even my native place is Coimbatore.

Coimbatorean gr8 , sorry but i dont have enough bandwidth for a cm sync :crying::rolleyes:
bw tat means u cant install it anyway ?
also thanks much for the complements

Reactions: ashwin007
S

sw33ty4ppu

Which version of cwm recovery is in the build?

CWM/Philz is dead. CM has moved to CM Simple Recovery with CM12 and has ditched CWM. If you follow Gerrit, you'll know.
CM Simple Recovery is quite nascent ATM. TWRP is the recovery to beat, especially on Lollipop sources.

Sorry @ashwin007 for posting this on this thread while still being a n00b. I posted this to prevent further paranoid posts about the death of CWM. Apologies.

ashwin007

Sep 6, 2013
Chennai
Hey,

Why don't you flash system.img and boot.img with fastboot?

CWM/Philz is dead. CM has moved to CM Simple Recovery with CM12 and has ditched CWM. If you follow Gerrit, you'll know.
CM Simple Recovery is quite nascent ATM. TWRP is the recovery to beat, especially on Lollipop sources.

Sorry @ashwin007 for posting this on this thread while still being a n00b. I posted this to prevent further paranoid posts about the death of CWM. Apologies.
Geekydroid.system.IMG is huge (700mb).but Motorola has that sparsechunk tech which separates system image into small part(you must be obviously knowing).so installing system.IMG makes it corrupt the /system partition.twrp 2.8.4.0 is working now.but i need to modify fstab for twrp which I forgot to do

Sw33ty4ppu not a problem.I think you have helped many of them.

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai

okay. it's been months I left ROM development. Sorry about that.

GeekyDroid

Dec 25, 2012
Burgenland
Geekydroid.system.IMG is huge (700mb).but Motorola has that sparsechunk tech which separates system image into small part(you must be obviously knowing).so installing system.IMG makes it corrupt the /system partition.twrp 2.8.4.0 is working now.but i need to modify fstab for twrp which I forgot to do

Sw33ty4ppu not a problem.I think you have helped many of them.

Well, sorry I thought it is less than 215MB. I didn't think of it.

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
My last device was a motorola defy and developer @Quarx has a booting 5.0 lolipop build. perhaps he could enlighten us on how to make a booting build for out device.

Moto defy came with android 2.1 and kernel 2.6 so he should be able to help.

prince trishi

Sep 24, 2013
chennai
Now even moto e has received the "motorola update services app" update!! So maybe we are pretty close enough to get android L now!!! I think rather than rushing up things for condor cm12 and getting a buggy build after soo much hardwork wouldn't feel good!! Maybe we can wait a while for the android L to hit moto e ans then finally build cm12 which would be more stable too!! :D:D:D

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
I've received several reports for this thread in the past 2 days, so now it's time to issue a global warning here:

Let's keep this thread on topic, DEVELOPMENT, which is clearly stated in the title AND in the OP.

If you have a question, SEARCH FIRST, per the Forum Rules

1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news lollipop by motorola never comes alone

Hi all,

I decided to give cm12 a try for the moto. Based on @percy_g2

So here is the first screen shot of this build. It's very early stage, but it's still a good news.

Unexpected reboots, no wifi, no data...

Some of the changes are already on my github but not all of them.

I need to get a little bit more of information regardings the partitions.

Can some of you paste the result of cat /proc/partitions please. From KK and from lollipop.

Thanks in advance, and I hope I can fix most of the issues first before releasing this version.

Well, that's really great! Thanks for your efforts. But may I ask you how you got it booting and what recovery did you use? Because on your github you haven't done any changes in kernel although I thought that we had conflicts in kernel.

For the recovery I'm using openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-condor.img . I got the cyanogen recovery booting, but it doesn't allow backup/restore so for now on I'm using this recovery I found on the XDA Moto E forum

Ok so regarding the kernel, you can check in the branch new-cm-12.0 branch which is percy's branch + git am from falcon kernel. THis was the first kernel that I used to build the rom.

I had to patch a little the build/core/Makefile so that instead of building new lollipop flashable zip, it uses the KK zip. But I think that setting correctly the partition values, will allow flashing with the new lollipop style, this is why I asked for the /proc/partitions, in order to be sure that I updated correctly the partitions values in the android_device_motorola_condor.

This was kind of fast, I actually got a build booting pretty easily, but no display. I tried ashwin's kernel, but same issue, I just figured it out last night what was the problem with the display, and I cherry picked a few new commits to fix this. So this morning I had a booting build with display.

Since the reboot is caused when the phone isn't used and tries to do something before normally turning off the screen and so on , I didn't push this new branch. I got to fix some minor (let's hope so) changes in the init/ramdisk and test that before, to fix audio and RIL and I hope wifi too.

Only problem is that I don't have that much time, and my laptop is not very fast to create nice full builds. My current is mostly some patches hand made for now, with some adb push :) and small zip updater.

I'll try to provide a flashable zip tomorrow, for those who want to give it a try, let's hope it will be more usable then it's current state.

Here's preview of PAC MAN 5.0.2 made by myself! :)
    Cw7p8Vi.png

Thank you scritch007 for the awesome work on kernel!
    Well, as I'm not an advanced user, I barely can help you in fixing bugs. But when you fix "all"(let's say almost all) bugs, I'll try to build some ROMs so we get more ROMs than this "lame" CM12. Also, @#buzz if you have problems finding a build server, contact me, I have a PC which builds fast, so you just have to tell me what patches you did and I'll apply them. Just leave the rest to me. :) This goes to everyone. So if anyone here got a slow PC or slow internet connection, I'll be here to provide you a free service. :p :good: