[DEV]PSFreedom Android [Bravo|N1|G1|Sapphire|EVO|HD2|Wildfire

Search This thread

arm5ky

May 11, 2010
www.theoc-gaming.com
I have a softmod on my Wii. If I update the firmware, I loose this functionality so stay offline. Nintendo even integrate new firmwares in games to try to update you.

I plan to use 2 HD's, 1 being an offline with backup manager and the current online version that doesnt have it.
But I'm sure this will not work as soon as a mandatory firmware comes out, as my good online version will have to update firmware to continue on PSN, thus patching the exploit.

rexmundo

May 27, 2010
I have a softmod on my Wii. If I update the firmware, I loose this functionality so stay offline. Nintendo even integrate new firmwares in games to try to update you.

I plan to use 2 HD's, 1 being an offline with backup manager and the current online version that doesnt have it.
But I'm sure this will not work as soon as a mandatory firmware comes out, as my good online version will have to update firmware to continue on PSN, thus patching the exploit.

Doesnt the ban involve banning the MAC address?
Cant there be homebrew apps that change the mac? or config your router to change the MAC address of the outgoing TCP packet?

dread123

Jun 29, 2005
Could they ban you from getting FW updates though?
Can games demand certain FW versions even when played offline?
I got really old fw cause I dont want to loose OtherOS.

you could install firmwares over usb anyways..so if they ban you on psn, and a game requires updated firmware- should be no bother

abc27

Apr 16, 2010
Sony can log and ban PS3 MAC address, so offline profile can't help. Let's just wait and see what Sony will do.
Absolute rubbish. Sony can't see your PS3s MAC address (Unless you have it connected directly to your internet without a router which is highly unlikely). If they did MAC address banning all you would need is a new router or to just spoof your router's MAC address.

They probably have console ID numbers stored in LV1.

Rehaell

Jan 21, 2008
is there any1 who can compiled the msm72k branch?

it gives me func. declaration errors in make

Code:
In file included from /home/rehaell/PSFreedom/psfreedom.c:205:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘switch_to_port’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:112: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_set_address’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘hub_connect_port’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:132: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_is_high_speed’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:134: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_is_low_speed’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘hub_bind’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:663: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_get_endpoint_name’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:663: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘strcmp’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/rehaell/cm-kernel/arch/x86/include/asm/string_32.h:21: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘int’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:667: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char *’, but argument 4 has type ‘int’

im not getting why this returns an error, and what does that function do, its not implemented anywhere :S

JellyXDA

Jul 29, 2010
Could they ban you from getting FW updates though?
Can games demand certain FW versions even when played offline?
I got really old fw cause I dont want to loose OtherOS.

You need to update in order to run Backup Manager, thus losing OtherOS. But apparently we may get it back, once homebrew appears.

Ronaldo_9

May 7, 2010
London
You need to update in order to run Backup Manager, thus losing OtherOS. But apparently we may get it back, once homebrew appears.

i had linux installed but never used it so i formated the 120GB HDD that i had in there.

Dont see any need for OtherOS since no one actually made anything for it except the linux which was pretty damn slow

panzerschrekk

Oct 8, 2008
is there any1 who can compiled the msm72k branch?

it gives me func. declaration errors in make

Code:
In file included from /home/rehaell/PSFreedom/psfreedom.c:205:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘switch_to_port’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:112: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_set_address’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘hub_connect_port’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:132: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_is_high_speed’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:134: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_is_low_speed’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c: In function ‘hub_bind’:
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:663: error: implicit declaration of function ‘psfreedom_get_endpoint_name’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:663: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘strcmp’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/rehaell/cm-kernel/arch/x86/include/asm/string_32.h:21: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘int’
/home/rehaell/PSFreedom/hub.c:667: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char *’, but argument 4 has type ‘int’

im not getting why this returns an error, and what does that function do, its not implemented anywhere :S

2nd that. i hoped i could just compile and then homebrew the **** out of my console xD

KoolKidsKlub

Aug 8, 2010
I just noticed that this is in the Desire section of the forums, is this gonna be compatable with most if not all android phones? I saw some thing about the phone having to do with some MSM7201 USB ports or something...

Top Liked Posts