[DEV]PSFreedom Android [Bravo|N1|G1|Sapphire|EVO|HD2|Wildfire

Search This thread

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Quite true

What kernel are you going to be compiling against? richardtrips?
I'm going to with Kali and Defer one, just studing right now (I asked Kali to do it, because he know the kernel better then us, just wait and see if he make a present to all). We have to start working in team, if you send me your msn via PM we can collaborate.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I'll be honest, I'm struggling to get a kernel to compile, not giving up though.

Daelyn

Dec 17, 2006
Well. Compile some of the drivers as modules would be a great benefit. Especially when it comes to the USB drivers. having the original USB drivers as modules would make USB host mode by modprobing a possibility.

bormeth

Jul 12, 2010
If the USB drivers are build-in the kernel.. Isnt it possible to mod the kernel to make it model based?

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Will be trying a few suggestions. Flashing OD soon, and getting matching kernel source.
Was up for way to long yesterday and go no where.

viperfx07

Sep 4, 2010
I know this is a Desire forum but I just wanted to ask is the Samsung Galaxy S actually capable of this? Will you be able to easily port this application to it when you figure out how to do it on the desire.

Thanks.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Pull your .config and see what USB Controller is in use, mUSB or MSM

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Post it plz, I can test in a second. I have to change the kernel of the rom right? What rom do you use? So I can test.

fatboygrim

Jan 11, 2010
Yes please post - would love to test it - I have a PS3 sitting unused in the corner and am happy to flash any required ROM etc (currently on OpenDesire 4.03) :)

the_miker

Nov 25, 2008
I can test this too. I have a G1 (Dream) and a Hero (Sprint CDMA) at my disposal. Both use the MSM controller, confirmed by pulling their .config files.

Masta Of Evil

Apr 22, 2010
Memphis, TN
So - it works. Well, I think so anyway - My computer recognises the phone as a hub and such, but I'm unable to test on my PS3 due to someone currently occupying the seat :p

The tradeoff I had to make was removing the USB functions all together (ADB, File storage, etc). Right now I'd have to swap kernels to get this back. I don't know how much more user friendly this can be :(

Wow good job if it works, who cares about losing all usb features, just make a nandroid backup before you use this.

Also I can test this for you I have 2 Cell South HTC Hero, 1 is rooted on 2.1 and the other is stock 1.5

jack561

Aug 7, 2010
I've got an amoled desire and I'm willing to go the whole 9 yards if need be. Take your time and it will be done when its done. Thanks for the good work.

K

Kantraz

Wow good job if it works, who cares about losing all usb features, just make a nandroid backup before you use this.

Also I can test this for you I have 2 Cell South HTC Hero, 1 is rooted on 2.1 and the other is stock 1.5

Well it would be kinda irritating losing those functions, as you then would have to do a nandroid restore everytime you have been using the Jailbreak :)

dread123

Jun 29, 2005
but it would still work...would love to see it compiled properly but all in good time..we need Doc to test on his ps3 1st

Top Liked Posts