[DEV][RECOVERY] CWM 6.0.4.7 for Moto G

Search This thread

jbanti

Aug 17, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Tried to flash 5 times CWM and all failed (it doesnt stick), allways boot in stock recovery.

Im on 4.4.2 official.

Then i tried this:
1.- Flashed again
2.- Whitout reboot i enter into CWM
3.- Flashed SuperSU
4.- Reboot

Suddenly everything works perfect. Im still on 4.4.2 whit 4.4.2 bootloader, whit CWM (sticked) and whit root access.

Same things happening with my friends moto Do u got any solution??

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Im flashed CWM On My friends moto g several times but on first hand it works fine but when later when i reboot phone again in recovery it shows stock recovery instead of CWM, any suggestions??

xenas

Jun 30, 2013

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Im flashed CWM On My friends moto g several times but on first hand it works fine but when later when i reboot phone again in recovery it shows stock recovery instead of CWM, any suggestions??
When you choose reboot, does it asks if you want to fix system boot? - just choose No.

For me at first time I was having that problem because I have chosen Yes... Just try it.

jbanti

Aug 17, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro

SOLVED IT... Its because R/W protection on first hand, guyz just flash cwm n flash supersu through CWM (Put SuperSU file in Obb or in Android folder) tadaa its done... When u get superuser privileges it saves CWM As permanent Recovery... ;)

vikassoni

Jun 13, 2008
GWALIOR
I have Moto G xt3011 Indian model 4.4.4
BL unlocked
After flashed custom recovery cwm/twrp
Display blink in recovery mode
How to fix it
I have windows 8.1 pro

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I'm received brand new Moto G yesterday from @flipkart
(Manufacturing date Aug 2014)
I wanna root my phone
Need twrp or cwm custom recovery tested solution for XT1033 Moto G 4.4.4 and updated ota update

lead3r1

Dec 3, 2012
Rajkot
I have Moto G xt3011 Indian model 4.4.4
BL unlocked
After flashed custom recovery cwm/twrp
Display blink in recovery mode
How to fix it
I have windows 8.1 pro

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I'm received brand new Moto G yesterday from @flipkart
(Manufacturing date Aug 2014)
I wanna root my phone
Need twrp or cwm custom recovery tested solution for XT1033 Moto G 4.4.4 and updated ota update

Hi bro I too got the phone from flipkart manufacturing month Aug 14 and i too gpt the same error(Display blinks in recovery mode) as a matter of fact none of the recoveries available under the moto g dev forum here at xda will work on our phones because our baseband is MSM8626P_1032.390.81.01P,ROW_DSDS_CUST and the recoveries arent updated to support this version but i guess once an update rolls out its bound to add support for us and hence we'd be able to get a working recovery good luck (y)

Can anyone please confirm is 6.0.4.7 version works/compatible with dual sim XT1033?

I read somewhere CWM is not compatible with the following baseband:

original.jpg

mrbojangle69

Jan 13, 2012
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
It is so frustrating that I have never been able to mount the Moto G as an usb mass storage through the 6.0.4.6 CWM Custom Recovery, this function has saved me when I had some troubles like bootloops, etc.

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
What is the difference between CWM and CWM Touch? Which one to select?

1.CWM is operated by Hardware buttons.
2.In CWM u Can use touch interface or both...

i would pick cwm since you can control using touch to enter slide right , to select slide up and down , to go-back slide left

It is so frustrating that I have never been able to mount the Moto G as an usb mass storage through the 6.0.4.6 CWM Custom Recovery, this function has saved me when I had some troubles like bootloops, etc.

+1

@a1Pha adb not working ? :eek:
is there fix ?

Sandivisi

Jun 12, 2014
West Java
is there someone who can update the CWM with latest version?
please, i know @a1Pha busy . so I'm hoping there is someone who can update

[HIGHLIGHT]PLEASE NOTE:[/HIGHLIGHT] If you are using CWM versions 6.0.4.7 it is highly recommended to update to a newer version or a different recovery. Version 6.0.4.7 (ONLY) is NOT compatible with PlayServices/Games Updater and will also NOT be compatible with upcoming versions of PA GApps.

Reactions: Rybun

pappy97

Dec 5, 2012
Hi bro I too got the phone from flipkart manufacturing month Aug 14 and i too gpt the same error(Display blinks in recovery mode) as a matter of fact none of the recoveries available under the moto g dev forum here at xda will work on our phones because our baseband is MSM8626P_1032.390.81.01P,ROW_DSDS_CUST and the recoveries arent updated to support this version but i guess once an update rolls out its bound to add support for us and hence we'd be able to get a working recovery good luck (y)

I just got this phone, Boost Mobile Version XT1031, baseband MSM8626P_1032.390.81.01P. I unlocked the bootloader just fine, but when I flashed this version of CWM 6.0.4.7, I just get a blank screen when I try to go into recovery. Has this issue not been resolved yet?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is CWM?

ClockworkMod, abbreviated as CWM, is a very famous custom recovery for all the Android phones and also tablets.It is developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush), a well reknown name in the Android dev community. ClockworkMod recovery helps you to perform many advanced recovery, restoration, installation and a good maintenance operations on the Android device that are not possible with stock recovery, and it is one of the most easy ways used to gain root access, back up device data, install custom ROMs, kernels & mods, and more. However, for anyone new to Android customization and hacking, some of its options might be proved to be a highly confusing ones.

Everything should work.

Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Download:
    CWM
    CWM Touch
    Updated cwm 6.0.4.6 built with kernel based in kk source released yesterday. Works fine with 4.4 bootloader http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoG/CWM6046-MotoG44.img

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    There is a fix for 4.4 bootloaders, expect an updated build within the next two days :)

//EDIT: Shame on me, shouldn't have promised without intense testing and post stuff when tired. We'll have to stay at 4.3 bootloaders for now.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
    But I also think that a1Pha has stopped developing his own project. No one knows why? We are thankful for the great work. But life goes on.

Excuse my asking, but are you completely insane? It's been three days since my last post. I didn't throw my phone into a river or so - I will need a working CWM in future, too. So yes, I will continue working on it. But I also have my job, my girlfriend, a family and so on. And I moved to a new city 4 weeks ago.
    The sources for Moto G are open, feel free to contribute.

My BoardConfig.mk:

Code:
    USE_CAMERA_STUB := true

# inherit from the proprietary version
    -include vendor/motorola/xt1032/BoardConfigVendor.mk

TARGET_ARCH := arm
    TARGET_NO_BOOTLOADER := true
    TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := msm8960
    TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := cortex-a7
    TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
    TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a-neon
    ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true

TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := xt1032

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x37 vmalloc=400M utags.blkdev=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/utags
    BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x00000000
    BOARD_MKBOOTIMG_ARGS := --ramdisk_offset 0x02000000
    BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
    BOARD_KERNEL_PAGESIZE := 2048

# fix this up by examining /proc/mtd on a running device
    BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 10485760
    BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 10485760
    BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1023410176
    BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 5930614784
    BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072
    TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL := device/motorola/xt1032/zImage-dtb
    # TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := zanooda_defconfig

BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON := true
    BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true
    DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 720x1280
    RECOVERY_GRAPHICS_USE_LINELENGTH := true
    TW_FLASH_FROM_STORAGE := true
    HAVE_SELINUX := true
    RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
    BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
    TW_NEVER_UNMOUNT_SYSTEM := true
    TW_ALWAYS_RMRF := true
    TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 := true
    # TW_BRIGHTNESS_PATH := /sys/devices/fd900000.qcom,mdss_mdp/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.144/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness

My recovery.fstab:

Code:
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot             /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache            /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered                     wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc             /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data           f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc     wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system           /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem            /modem          ext4    defaults                                                        defaults

How on earth can you say that?? :confused:

After 3 days??

You have the patience of a gnat, honestly!! No offence.....:)

Thank you.
    @a1Pha Will there ever be a new release of CWM? Just asking, seems the development has stopped?

Be a bit more patient please, how has development stopped , its been like two days ?, devs are people with lives as well .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk