• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEV Request] pre-rooted ICS stock kernel < Xperia U >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nixx-X1

Jan 9, 2009
Cologne
For those that have/can developed kernels:

We really need a decent pre-rooted ICS stock kernel for the Xperia U.
The current root hacks work, but are not proper.
They don't install BusyBox correctly and with it we lose the ability for advanced shell scripting.

My own app depends on the ASH shell scripting capabilities and is therefor only half functioning under ICS.
Since I sell it and make a little bit of money ($50 bucks up till now..) I want to offer a small incentive to make it fair.
And will reward a $10 donation for the person that can make a decent kernel in the next week.

I know.. it won't make you rich :)
It's just to make clear that I don't want to profit from your knowledge and time as it will help me and other ROM dev's allot.

Thanks!

Last edited:

sweatbox

Jun 25, 2012
Bochum
Im not sure because I dont needed it till now, but with the Flashtool you can install root (with busybox) and you can install busybox seperately.

Got that message in Flashtool::

INFO - Installed version of busybox : BusyBox v1.19.0 (2011-08-14 23:46:58 CDT) multi-call binary.

LEDs-U-CTRL makes my leds being a rainbow ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: unimaginable

nixx-X1

Jan 9, 2009
Cologne
Im not sure because I dont needed it till now, but with the Flashtool you can install root (with busybox) and you can install busybox seperately.

INFO - Installed version of busybox : BusyBox v1.19.0 (2011-08-14 23:46:58 CDT) multi-call binary.

I know, but it doesn't do the job fully correct. I've tried this method and the Binary Root.
With both ASH scripting doesn't work after using these methods

besides this a pre-rooted kernel is a good starting point for more rom tweaking

bbshimanshu

Sep 29, 2011

They don't install BusyBox correctly and with it we lose the ability for advanced shell scripting.

My own app depends on the ASH shell scripting capabilities and is therefor only half functioning under ICS.
Since I sell it and make a little bit of money ($50 bucks up till now..) I want to offer a small incentive to make it fair.
And will reward a $10 donation for the person that can make a decent kernel in the next week.

It's just to make clear that I don't want to profit from your knowledge and time as it will help me and other ROM dev's allot.

Thanks!
Gxnx

Last edited:

RockitOut11

Dec 28, 2010
so, where is the 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel Sources from Sony?

pretty sure they'll help

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

btw, i rooted my XU with latest Binary root method and it worked, Busybox is there, in the xbin (not the bin) and the Leds-u-ctrl works flawlessy

GEKTHEBOSS

Mar 22, 2012

pretty sure they'll help

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

btw, i rooted my XU with latest Binary root method and it worked, Busybox is there, in the xbin (not the bin) and the Leds-u-ctrl works flawlessy

I am using for base the kernel.sin from .10 ftf!

Reactions: spxc

nixx-X1

Jan 9, 2009
Cologne

pretty sure they'll help

could you just for the fun go into a shell emulator and type "ash" (without quotes)
it will most likely tell you " not found "

LUC does work, but the speeds are wrong, all blinking is ~10x faster then on GB as the speed-regulation script cannot function with ASH.
For now not a problem, but am working on version 2.0 which will blend from color to color.. and that one completely disfunctions on all ICS roots (not only with me, but also the beta testers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    Big notice for xda!
    I am trying to do a ics kernel (3.0.8) with init.d,busybox,root and cwm!;)
    I donate another 10.

Sent from my ST25a using xda premium

LEDs-U-CTRL makes my leds being a rainbow ^^
    So you're the one getting my $10? :victory:

Actually i do all for FREE.
    If i release this kernel no payment!
    Actual state of development :
    Actually insecure and rooted