[DEV][ROM][Android 4.0]vanWeereld.BEMod | Suspend see thread | Alpha 4

Search This thread

Karting06

Aug 14, 2011
Dilbeek
Hello all,

The exams are coming. I have not acces to my computer anymore. So, the dev is suspend. You must to wait until 22 december. Sorry
This a port from the Hero with Android 4.0. But no touchscreen
So if anyone can help me, it will be very nice :) That's my "first" version.

THIS IS A ALPHA VERSION ! IF YOU WANT A BETA OR STABLE RELEASE, PLEASE WAIT !

Problems

• Everything...
Working
- Calls
- Touchscreen

Thanks to
KeiranFTW for his kernel, Thank YOU !!!

I need some developers that want to help me, I have not much time anymore (school)

Downloads
Alpha 4:
http://vanweereld.be/buzz/buzz_vwmodbuild4_signed.zip
Alpha 2:
http://vanweereld.be/buzz/buzz_icsbuild2_signed.zip
Alpha 1:
http://vanweereld.be/buzz/ics.zip

If I forgot to say anything, ask it :)
Karting06

PS: Sorry for my bad english :/

Last edited:

Paul1989

Aug 6, 2011
Hello all,

This a port from the SDK of Android (R14) with Android 4.0. But he doesn't boot...

Problems

• Doesn't boot... He reboot everytime.

Downloads
First version

Karting06

i will have a look at it and see if i can get it too boot up mate. give me 20mins and ill either come back with a logcat or with suggestions okayif i get it booted ill upload to you then you can re-upload it top your link mate

Paul1989

Aug 6, 2011
This will boot up and it will work.... BUT we will never be able to get it stable. we couldnt even get android 3.0 stable let alone 4.0. its just not possible. why would everyone want a slow ass arm6 wildfire. if you want 4.0 buy a arm7 device with faster processor. will boot like i said and will work but the lag on it wud be extream and not to mention there are NO dev's working on 3.0 so my opinion is they will turn their noses up at that aswell :)

NO OFFENCE INTENDED :) JUST BEING HONIST WITH YOU ALL :)

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
The emulator image is compiled for ARMv7, so it won't boot on this device no matter what. I'd rather wait for the actual sources, than wasting time on a dead end.

It's not even certain yet that ICS will be able to run properly on the Wildfire. There's been some talk about dropping support for low memory and non-GPU devices in CM9. It really depends on how GPU/memory intensive ICS will be. We'll know more when sources are released.

Karting06

Aug 14, 2011
Dilbeek
The emulator image is compiled for ARMv7, so it won't boot on this device no matter what. I'd rather wait for the actual sources, than wasting time on a dead end.

It's not even certain yet that ICS will be able to run properly on the Wildfire. There's been some talk about dropping support for low memory and non-GPU devices in CM9. It really depends on how GPU/memory intensive ICS will be. We'll know more when sources are released.

I have seen that.
So we must to wait !

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore

That's such a downer. Well, I guess the writing's on the wall finally for this device. :|

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

The exams are coming. I have not acces to my computer anymore. So, the dev is suspend. You must to wait until 22 december. Sorry
    This a port from the Hero with Android 4.0. But no touchscreen

THIS IS A ALPHA VERSION ! IF YOU WANT A BETA OR STABLE RELEASE, PLEASE WAIT !

Problems

• Everything...
    Working
    - Calls
    - Touchscreen

Thanks to
    KeiranFTW for his kernel, Thank YOU !!!

I need some developers that want to help me, I have not much time anymore (school)

Downloads
    Alpha 4:
    http://vanweereld.be/buzz/buzz_vwmodbuild4_signed.zip
    Alpha 2:
    http://vanweereld.be/buzz/buzz_icsbuild2_signed.zip
    Alpha 1:
    http://vanweereld.be/buzz/ics.zip

Karting06

Who is saying thatyou dont can continue i'm going maby to continue to so i'm that you continue :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

I'd rather wait to see what arcos ICS rom looks like rather than see you make two ICS roms

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
    When can I download this rom here?
    when it comes out? The source is released

You can download it anytime you like...................from the source.

only problem is you then have to compile it and make it work, no probs for a dev like yourself!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
    Non-developers shouldn't try to be a developer. We don't need your ROMs. Almost every custom ROM is just ****. We don't care about your ripped custom boot animation, your wifi-tweak so it only searches for networks every minute, and your custom notification sounds.
    DON'T release ROMs like that. Never! We don't give a **** about your ROM, because you didn't do anything we couldn't do. All of your custom features can be found using Google. First hit will give you a great tutorial of how to change the boot animation or any other stupid feature you've got.
    If we'd like any of those features, we're not waiting for you to release your ****ty ROM, we're just following the tutorial and fix it ourselves.
    When you release your own ROM, it has to be awesome. Just Awesome. For example, Cyanogenmod. The latest version of android, no HTC-****, lots of great tweaks and new features, fast, support for themes and better than any other ROM out here.
    So, now back to your "zipfile ROMs". The number of new features: 0. The number of items that didn't already exist: 0. Do you guys see that number. It's called a Zero. It's even lower than the lowest grade you guys can get at school. That's like being so stupid you can't even spell your own freakin' name. And if you can't even spell your own name, we don't need you.
    DON'T think you're awesome because you've got your own ROM. Everybody could do this, just by using existing tutorials out there.

At the moment there are 2 ICS ROMs for the wildfire. Yes, both of them are booting, but that's it. Nothing more than that. Even the touchscreen doesn't work. You know, the touchscreen. That piece of hardware you use all day to control your device. Without a touchscreen, your device is useless. Just like those ROMs. Do you really think we're waiting for such ROMs? Don't release them. NEVER.
    Why not? Because we can't even use it.

Have you guys even seen this topic?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1012003

Most of you guys are non-devs. That's not a problem, most of you guys are providing feedback to existing ROMs to make them better. I like those guys, they're there when you need them, but they aren't nagging you.
    But some of you guys think they are devs, because of their "zipfile ROM". You guys didn't even write a single line of code.
    The definition of a developer:

Which part of it do you guys think you are? You guys don't know anything about Java, C, C++, C#. So don't try to make your own ROM. Just don't.

You don't 100% know what you are talking about yourself...
    So the OP posted an ICS ROM. Did he claim he coded it from scratch? No. He says it is ported from the hero. So don't go on at him.
    Don't go around telling people they don't know C or Java and that they are useless. They might be able to do other stuff.
    And before you start swearing with your foul language, there are kids in this forum.
    You should be ashamed.
    I too, dislike zipfile developing, but unlike you, instead of giving attention I keep quiet.
    I was almost thinking about being a dev here on xda, but I guess my options are open...
    Before you start, I know several programming languages...
    Don't flame, because I will not flame back.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire
    Blubber blubber :(
    If I'm understanding this correctly! I think the wilderbeast may soon reach its peak in terms of development and can go no further with advances. Its such a shame,my computers haven't had as much tweaks, reboots upgrades etc etc as this little beast called a wildfire. Its a survivor and has been revived so many times from the brink of death with new roms and features,I was so disappointed when I got this phone but then found xda and its amazing members who have turned this into the best phone I've had.
    I suppose though everything runs its course and must be replaced one day.
    I'm not ready to replace him just yet but will miss dearly the lol "morning flash" if development does come to an end.
    As zex says. He/we/ I have learnt so much from this phone and I'm personally at the lower end of the curve and still learning each day.
    Hopefully when my time comes to upgrade then the good people on xda will have me a good ol rom ready to flash away and make my next phone truly my phone like they have with my wilderbeast. Thanks to all but Special thanks to 3xeno (yoda status)for everything and Arco and the cm7 ninja's.

sent from my wilderbeast:buzz
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone