[DEV-ROM] HTC Evo Full AOSP rom Android 2.2.1|FRG83

Search This thread

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
I'm posting a developmental rom for the purpose of anyone and everyone that want's to cook an AOSP rom but is having troubles or doesn't want to go through the hassle of compiling from source. This Rom is completely compiled from AOSP source with the help of the CM team for the HTC Device tree and kernel.

There are many non-working item's. For anyone that uses this rom and tries to fix the issues, if you could please post on this forum for everyone else to do the fixes that would be awesome. I've included the link to the Rom and a link to the Google Apps flashable zip from CM's Wiki.

Once again this rom is a Dev-Rom and is completely compiled from AOSP source, this has no sense at all and will never have sense. I will not be maintaining the rom per se, I will however be helping with some of the fixes.

Evo Android 2.2.1 AOSP ROM

Google Apps

Thanks to: Bcnice20, l33tlinuxh4x0r, tjohnsonjr & the CM team.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
These are insturctions for making a clean AOSP Rom. There will be issues with the Rom once you finish. These instructions are for Linux(I used Ubuntu). You will have to have adb installed already. Your computer has to be 64bit or you not be able to compile the source.

Please Note. 4G and HDMI will not work. This is not a stripped down Sense Rom. There is no SENSE AT ALL!!! The Camera will work but not the Camcorder. Fixes will come but we are hoping to get contributions from other devs to help build up the AOSP support for the EVO. As great as CM6 is, we need choices. Now let the fun begin!!!

Open the Terminal:

The following needs to be ran as Root
Code:
cd /usr/bin/
curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > repo
chmod a+x /usr/bin/repo
Exit root and return back to your home folder. This will create a generic build. This is going to take a couple of hours depending on your internet connection
Code:
mkdir ~/android
cd ~/andoid
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
repo sync
This will download the EVO specific files:
Code:
cd ~/android/device/htc
git clone http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_supersonic.git supersonic
Now the BoardConfig.mk needs to edited
Go to /android/device/htc/supersonic/BoardConfig.mk
Locate
Code:
TARGET_RECOVERY_UI_LIB := librecovery_ui_supersonic librecovery_ui_htc
TARGET_RECOVERY_UPDATER_LIBS += librecovery_updater_htc
Now add a “#” in front of each line
Code:
#TARGET_RECOVERY_UI_LIB := librecovery_ui_supersonic librecovery_ui_htc
#TARGET_RECOVERY_UPDATER_LIBS += librecovery_updater_htc
Save and exit. Then in the terminal type
Code:
cd ~/android
cp ~/android/device/htc/supersonic/supersonic.mk ./buildspec.mk
Now Go to /android/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values and locate the Config.xml file. Open with the text editor and look for this line
Code:
<string name="default_wallpaper_component">@null</string>
Right below this line add. Reference this website to use as an example as to what its supposed to look like http://pastebin.com/mpmpEaKq
Code:
<!-- Handle notifications differently if device only uses an amber/green
      LED. This also needs a liblights module that enables them accordingly. -->
     <bool name="config_amber_green_light">true</bool>
Save and exit

Now load Cyanogenmod6 onto your phone. Once its loaded, connect your phone to the computer and in the terminal type
Code:
cd /device/htc/supersonic
chmod a+x extract-files.sh
./extract-files.sh
This will download files from the phone. You will get errors at the end. Get a stock Sense Rom and locate the files that came up in error and Copy the files into /android/vendor/htc/supersonic/propietary folder

Now in the Terminal
Code:
cd ~/android
. build/envsetup
lunch
Select option for the supersonic(6th or 7th)

Now type(This will take awile depending on the speed of your computer)
Code:
make
Once it finishes, type
Code:
make otapackage

Lastly, to get the phone to boot, get the libmedia.so file from CM6 and place it in your /system/lib folder before flashing.

This will create your ROM is a zip file. DO NOT FLASH THIS TO YOUR PHONE. IT IS NOT ROOTED AND IF YOU FLASH IT WITHOUT ADDING ROOT PERMISSIONS, YOU WILL LOSE ROOT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

ENJOY

Last edited:

jm5503

Sep 30, 2009
I'm having a hard time getting busybox installed and superuser permissions working properly....can someone help me or upload a version with these working?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
Surprised we haven't seen this before.

I thought about trying to strip CM down to AOSP basics, since I've been too lazy to get something running from scratch.

I'm looking forward to messing around with it. At work right now and can't grab it yet, have most/all of the CM Evo specific fixes been added, like notification LED support (I assume the AOSP tree is made for the N1) and camera support?

Kinda separate question, but what is the difference (if any) in the official Nexus One builds that get pushed out to the phones OTA and doing a build from AOSP and flashing the Google Apps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm posting a developmental rom for the purpose of anyone and everyone that want's to cook an AOSP rom but is having troubles or doesn't want to go through the hassle of compiling from source. This Rom is completely compiled from AOSP source with the help of the CM team for the HTC Device tree and kernel.

There are many non-working item's. For anyone that uses this rom and tries to fix the issues, if you could please post on this forum for everyone else to do the fixes that would be awesome. I've included the link to the Rom and a link to the Google Apps flashable zip from CM's Wiki.

Once again this rom is a Dev-Rom and is completely compiled from AOSP source, this has no sense at all and will never have sense. I will not be maintaining the rom per se, I will however be helping with some of the fixes.

Evo Android 2.2.1 AOSP ROM

Google Apps

Thanks to: Bcnice20, l33tlinuxh4x0r, tjohnsonjr & the CM team.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone