[DEV-ROM] HTC Evo Full AOSP rom Android 2.2.1|FRG83

Search This thread

drdrewdown

May 7, 2008
Land of Oz
www.androidguys.com
does hdmi and or 4g work with this

i realize its hard to look 3 posts ahead.. but seriously i think it has 9G but no HDMI

heres-your-sign.jpg

Last edited:

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
OK. The purpose of this ROM is to provide a clean basic AOSP Rom without any modifications. There are no CM modifications in this ROM. We will continue to develop this ROM and fix this issues that comes up but we were hoping that we can get other people working on fixes and mods to start getting the AOSP support going for the Evo like there is for other phones.

Things that currently doesn't work:
Setup wizard
Camcorder
Market not showing all the apps
I think there might an issue with the LEDs
4G and HDMI

Preludedrew did fix a some of the issues this ROM has. We post them soon.

mrpuffin

Dec 15, 2009
Monroe, Wa, USA
really looking forward to testing this out
my phone is out of commission right now as it wont charge but i will let you know how it goes when i get my new one shipped + rooted and this installed

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
Good thing this is the interwebz, you guys probably don't want a fat hairy man kissing you.

I make no promises that I will finally blow off my wife, daughter, dogs, job, laundry, and the rest of my family long enough to finish getting a build machine setup and start contributing, but I'll damn well try.

Is this source up anywhere?

If no one wants to host it, I'm willing to put it up on my github.

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
Your computer has to be 64bit or you not be able to compile the source.

Huh? I don't really understand what it would need to be 64bit for....

I assume this means that we need to be running a 64bit distro, not just a 64bit CPU.

I have Ubuntu 10.04 32bit on my box, but I'm downloading 10.10 64bit right now. I'm guessing you guys are mostly on 10.10 (or newer versions of other distros). Is that correct or should I get the 64bit version of 10.04?

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
Yeah, Android complains when you try to compile it on a 32-bit machine. I think there are some work arounds on google, but installing 64-bit in Virtual Box is probably easier if that's an option.

vinconti

Feb 21, 2007
I corrected the last step in the second post. There was a typo. I had 'make ota' and its supposed to be 'make otapackage'.

oh man... so, your full-on involvement with this rom, does that mean we shouldn't hold our breath on the few minor fixes for your otherwise *spectacular* Evo-NonSense?

not complaining, anything that works towards 4G and the battery life of the stock rom, with full aosp, is noble in my book.

jm5503

Sep 30, 2009
Can someone show me how to get busybox installed and superuser permissions working properly?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
oh man... so, your full-on involvement with this rom, does that mean we shouldn't hold our breath on the few minor fixes for your otherwise *spectacular* Evo-NonSense?
not complaining, anything that works towards 4G and the battery life of the stock rom, with full aosp, is noble in my book.

No, I still working on the Evo-Nonsense Rom:)

Can someone show me how to get busybox installed and superuser permissions working properly?

Use the kitchen to install busybox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Bmtx16

Jul 25, 2010
I know very little at all about dev working a Rom. I have a tad experience, but I wanna get good enough to make my own and tinker with it. Could some kind soul teach me?

Sent from my beast EVO

semperlux

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I flashed AOSP Evo 2.2.1 ROM and used my existing kernel from CM kernel from cm_supersonic_full-167, then flashed google apps from the CM website and everything worked great, simple and had a quadrant score of 1420.

I flashed Stock HTC 2.2 kernel because I was curious about a stock kernel. Everything came up fine except that I couldn't get past the lock screen. There seemed to be some graphic issues. Everything else was booting and syncing and I was getting texts and emails. I had to pull the battery and restore. Maybe the order that I did things was wrong, I don't know.

I reflashed AOSP Evo 2.2.1 again with the 2.6.34.5-cyanogenmod kernel and installed google apps and everything is working smoothly. I wanted to use everything stock including the kernel--I still don't understand kernel coding too well (but I will :D ). Again, this is cool toy--thanks!!

Last edited:

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
i would love to see a rom exactly like this with everything functional, maybe even if 4g/hdmi didn't work, if we could have everything else working stable, that would be my rom of choice, is there a full on rom that does all of this already without any of the bs mods?

for example, the blinking LED on notifications, and the amber one on charge.
maybe mms?
and also, superuser isn't working for me :(

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Find the Evervolv-AOSP thread. All but hdmi and 4g is working. As far as led's that is in the kernel and evervolv has it working minus green led for fully charged.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm posting a developmental rom for the purpose of anyone and everyone that want's to cook an AOSP rom but is having troubles or doesn't want to go through the hassle of compiling from source. This Rom is completely compiled from AOSP source with the help of the CM team for the HTC Device tree and kernel.

There are many non-working item's. For anyone that uses this rom and tries to fix the issues, if you could please post on this forum for everyone else to do the fixes that would be awesome. I've included the link to the Rom and a link to the Google Apps flashable zip from CM's Wiki.

Once again this rom is a Dev-Rom and is completely compiled from AOSP source, this has no sense at all and will never have sense. I will not be maintaining the rom per se, I will however be helping with some of the fixes.

Evo Android 2.2.1 AOSP ROM

Google Apps

Thanks to: Bcnice20, l33tlinuxh4x0r, tjohnsonjr & the CM team.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone