[DEV-ROM] HTC Evo Full AOSP rom Android 2.2.1|FRG83

Search This thread

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
im especially picky, im using the stock rom right now, but i would like to get Superuser and the led thing working on this one. the whole already customized thing doesn't really appeal to me

if maybe i could get help getting su and finding a kernel that the leds worked in, that would make me a happy camper.

and why hasn't anyone made a rom with just plain jane froyo with all the fixes (without the obvious 4g and hdmi) working without any modifications

is there something that just too hard or something?

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
im especially picky, im using the stock rom right now, but i would like to get Superuser and the led thing working on this one. the whole already customized thing doesn't really appeal to me

if maybe i could get help getting su and finding a kernel that the leds worked in, that would make me a happy camper.

and why hasn't anyone made a rom with just plain jane froyo with all the fixes (without the obvious 4g and hdmi) working without any modifications

is there something that just too hard or something?

I have a clean build with SU, LEDs, and MMS working. If I have time tonight, I'll post it for you. I just haven't got the camcorder to work yet.

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
so this kind of just died, i was really happy to see this was almost working for me, i know there isn't any demand for it hardly, but i know me and few friends would love to get the stuff working on this without any need to get roms with modifications that we don't need.. if i could get help getting some of this stuff to work at least, i would be happy. thanks.

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
I compiled the ROM using tjohnsonjr's directions from the second post. Then I rooted it using dsixda's kitchen. I didn't make any other changes. I was able to flash the zip, but the phone won't boot. It hangs at the white HTC EVO screen. I let it sit for at least 15 mins... Any ideas?

eVoKINGS

Dec 10, 2010
Dev rom help!

Wondering if i can swap any compatible files from other roms without modifying them? Also need help in any way with theming the rom!
Just cooked up a first rom with android kitchen!
Seems pretty limited! Thanks new at being a dev but i will make it happen because my heart is in it thanks!Rom name: eVoKINGS SUPERSONIC v1.1

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
Hey, that worked! It boots now. What's the difference between those two files? Did I do something wrong or does that file always need to be replaced?

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
Ok, a couple of more questions:

First, the wifi doesn't work. When I try to turn it on adb shows "E/WifiService( 918): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver." How do I load the driver? Or at what step in the build process?

Also, how do I integrate the google apps? Ideally I'd just use gmail, contact sync and the market app.

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
Ok, a couple of more questions:

First, the wifi doesn't work. When I try to turn it on adb shows "E/WifiService( 918): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver." How do I load the driver? Or at what step in the build process?

Also, how do I integrate the google apps? Ideally I'd just use gmail, contact sync and the market app.

i was wondering the same thing, if it's not doable, i understand, but it would be really cool to just be able to load the rom with all this stuff preloaded, and is there some reason that they aren't by default?

some legality thing?

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
I was able to get Contact Sync, Gmail and the market apps working by dropping the APKs into the system/apps directory. I also threw in the Google Services APK.

For the wifi, is there something wrong with my kernel? I'm going to try using one of the CM6 ones tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
is there any way we can like keep adding function to this rom and maybe have it uploaded here?

like building towards this fully working and not having a different result to each user that tries and compiling it here??

i know it's a little difficult since it's everyone building it instead of just one team or person.. how would that work?

xhazyx

Sep 5, 2010
East Hampton, NY
is there any way we can like keep adding function to this rom and maybe have it uploaded here?

like building towards this fully working and not having a different result to each user that tries and compiling it here??

i know it's a little difficult since it's everyone building it instead of just one team or person.. how would that work?

The thing is that this ROM is specifically for development.... so ppl can just make their own ROMs if the please, if u want a supported AOSP ROM with working functions and optimizations then go try Evervolv or CM

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
The thing is that this ROM is specifically for development.... so ppl can just make their own ROMs if the please, if u want a supported AOSP ROM with working functions and optimizations then go try Evervolv or CM

but, you see, that's what im trying to avoid, not saying that CM and Evervolv aren't WONDERFUL roms, but i just want clean vanilla ROM. maybe i shouldn't be highjacking a thread with what i want, but i think a lot of other people would love to use it as well. and since i know nothing of how to do this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm posting a developmental rom for the purpose of anyone and everyone that want's to cook an AOSP rom but is having troubles or doesn't want to go through the hassle of compiling from source. This Rom is completely compiled from AOSP source with the help of the CM team for the HTC Device tree and kernel.

There are many non-working item's. For anyone that uses this rom and tries to fix the issues, if you could please post on this forum for everyone else to do the fixes that would be awesome. I've included the link to the Rom and a link to the Google Apps flashable zip from CM's Wiki.

Once again this rom is a Dev-Rom and is completely compiled from AOSP source, this has no sense at all and will never have sense. I will not be maintaining the rom per se, I will however be helping with some of the fixes.

Evo Android 2.2.1 AOSP ROM

Google Apps

Thanks to: Bcnice20, l33tlinuxh4x0r, tjohnsonjr & the CM team.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone