[DEV-ROM] HTC Evo Full AOSP rom Android 2.2.1|FRG83

Search This thread

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
How different is it to compile Gingerbread? I did "repo sync" followed by "make clean" then "make" but I'm getting errors now. (I did have to undo the changes to the Framework Config.xml in order to get it to sync.)

The error I'm getting looks to be related to libcameraservice.so. There are several "undefined references". Any help would be appreciated.

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
Ok, I figured it out. That was my fault. I didn't run the envsetup script before running make. I'm going to try it again now.

On a side note- I was thinking about creating a Wiki or something to get a collabrative effort into building a vanilla Gingerbread AOSP ROM for the EVO. Would anybody else be into that?

murdocthc

Mar 29, 2010
Ok, I figured it out. That was my fault. I didn't run the envsetup script before running make. I'm going to try it again now.

On a side note- I was thinking about creating a Wiki or something to get a collabrative effort into building a vanilla Gingerbread AOSP ROM for the EVO. Would anybody else be into that?

I think the wiki is a great idea...it kind of seems like evervolv and these guys are duplicating efforts...but thats just me. Appreciate the work either way :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

dd0t

Dec 10, 2010
Tucson, AZ
dd0t.com

Yes. Count me in.

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010
I second the wiki idea. I have been often wondering how people go about compiling and building these roms from the source not only out of curiosity but I would also like to get my feet wet and lend a helping hand. I am quite android-fascinated and so I would like to be of some help. Only problem is I am not quite sure where to start out from. :( A wiki like the one you guys are talking about would be epic.

ioos

Jul 3, 2010
run Make Clean first, then run Make

I've tried that. I finally deleted my whole build directory and started over. I still get the same error. :mad:

I'll put together a wiki, but I don't think it will be very useful until it at least builds, because maybe I'm not even close. Either way, tjohnsonjr, do you mind if I base it off of your post at the beginning of this thread?

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010
I just wanted to check out the source code for gingerbread so I followed the steps mentioned in the second post of this thread. Looks like everything got checked out. But when I saw the step where I check out the supersonic specific stuff I got to thinking that this was not what I want because the source that probably got downloaded on to my machine was Froyo and not Gingerbread is that a correct statement?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm posting a developmental rom for the purpose of anyone and everyone that want's to cook an AOSP rom but is having troubles or doesn't want to go through the hassle of compiling from source. This Rom is completely compiled from AOSP source with the help of the CM team for the HTC Device tree and kernel.

There are many non-working item's. For anyone that uses this rom and tries to fix the issues, if you could please post on this forum for everyone else to do the fixes that would be awesome. I've included the link to the Rom and a link to the Google Apps flashable zip from CM's Wiki.

Once again this rom is a Dev-Rom and is completely compiled from AOSP source, this has no sense at all and will never have sense. I will not be maintaining the rom per se, I will however be helping with some of the fixes.

Evo Android 2.2.1 AOSP ROM

Google Apps

Thanks to: Bcnice20, l33tlinuxh4x0r, tjohnsonjr & the CM team.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone