• AOKP JELLY BEAN [B]4.3[/B] BASED

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

rapkiller91

Sep 16, 2013
Bologna
Hi Mm7!thank you for this wonderful ROM!I think this is the best JellyBean ROM I ever tried and I hope you'll continue your work with Kitkat! The ROM is very fast,smooth and full of features but I want to ask 2 things:
1. How is this ROM with MA6 kernel by Mardon? This ROM has a good battery life and I want to know if with that kernel the battery is good too and if performances are better.
2. Are there any alternative launcher that supports the status bar transparency of this ROM?

Sorry for my English!
Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

rapkiller91

Sep 16, 2013
Bologna
After using this ROM for 2 weeks I can surely say that this is the fastest 4.2.2 ROM for ace in conjunction with MA6 kernel.
The greatest things are:
1. very good battery:better than other JB,cm10.1 ROMs
2. system reactivity:if you press something you don't have to wait some seconds before something happens
3. AOKP customizations
4. Transparent statusbar

I noticed only a few bugs:
1. Audio routing: If I listen to music with headphones and then I unplug them,when I plug them audio is played by the speaker and not by the headphones
2. Volume buttons: if I press volume buttons it sets the media volume not the ringtone volume

Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

ayush29k

Sep 30, 2011
Delhi
After using this ROM for 2 weeks I can surely say that this is the fastest 4.2.2 ROM for ace in conjunction with MA6 kernel.
The greatest things are:
1. very good battery:better than other JB,cm10.1 ROMs
2. system reactivity:if you press something you don't have to wait some seconds before something happens
3. AOKP customizations
4. Transparent statusbar

I noticed only a few bugs:
1. Audio routing: If I listen to music with headphones and then I unplug them,when I plug them audio is played by the speaker and not by the headphones
2. Volume buttons: if I press volume buttons it sets the media volume not the ringtone volume

Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

Don't know about the audio bug because i rarely use the phone to listen to music, but as for the volume controls, they will change media volume if you have a media player running, if you are on home screen with no media playing it changes the ringtone and notifications volume.
I also keep the volume panel enabled, it can help you change whichever volume you want to change regardless of what you are doing at the time.

rapkiller91

Sep 16, 2013
Bologna
Thanks for your answer but despite being in the home without any media player on I can change only media volume with volume buttons...I know about extended volume panel and there is nothing to set ringtone volume,onlu media and notifications.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
is this rom still in development or not ?

]7th November 2013, 05:22 PM #101
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_is_the_1 View Post
I vote for 4.4 since it requires less ram to run.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Opened a pool for getting quickly a feedback of what users want.
But keep in mind that for a kitkat aokp you must wait some week.

We must wait and be patient ;), he he hasn't said "no" or "discontinued" but android 4.4.2 for ace is still in alpha stage ... so keep calm :)

Persian Ace

May 12, 2013
Tehran
thanks very lot to Mm7

Changelogs

[06/11/2013] NIGHTLY
  • All sources updated

[20/09/2013] NIGHTLY
  • All sources updated
  • Sms patch included.

[08/09/2013] MILESTONE 2
  • KERNEL: New kernel based on stock by erikcas
  • KERNEL: Backported gpu, bluetooth, uhid drivers from kernel 3
  • KERNEL: Added smartassv2 and sio
  • KERNEL: Enabled triple buffering
  • Updated some gapps
  • Fix torch
  • Fix permission manager
  • AOKP, aokp-legacy, Cyanogenmod, Androidarmv6 sources updated

[09/08/2013] MILESTONE 1
  • First mm7 release :)
  • Fixed swag papers bug
  • Fix launcher layout (not at all)
  • All features of aokp milestone 2 (ribbons...)
This is my first build so the changelog may say "first release" but this is continuation of utak3r project, so these are difference between my rom and his.

People who made this possible
  • All androidarmv6
  • Erikcas, wayland, bieltv3, utak3r and all developers for ace
  • legacy-aokp team ;)
  • AOKP Team
  • Cyanogenmod
  • AOSP
Hi Mm7.thank you for your works.i have tried all of Ace's roms but your aokp-jb rom is smoothest,speedy and....please make new aokp-jb 4.3 for ace or new ver. of this 4.2.thank you again

Persian Ace

May 12, 2013
Tehran
Thank you for the ROM but I have some issue about hotspot. I can't turn Hotspot on. I tried reboot but same result. How can I solve this problem.

If your meant (hotspot)is tethering,i dont have this problem.wifi tether,bluetooth tether and usb tethering works well in my phone(with this rom).you can use third party apps if your tetherig dont work.like wifi-tether.apk or wired-tether.apk.you can find these apks in market.forgive me please because i dont have these apks in my phone to uploading for you.

Reactions: ghost3895

ghost3895

Sep 3, 2011
Kayseri
If your meant (hotspot)is tethering,i dont have this problem.wifi tether,bluetooth tether and usb tethering works well in my phone(with this rom).you can use third party apps if your tetherig dont work.like wifi-tether.apk or wired-tether.apk.you can find these apks in market.forgive me please because i dont have these apks in my phone to uploading for you.

Yes , I meant wifi-tethering is not working and still is. I don't know why. I was looking for an answer before install the 3rd party tools apks. Anyway I'll install 3rd apks , hope that will be solve my problem. Thank you

Reactions: Persian Ace

Persian Ace

May 12, 2013
Tehran

Yes , I meant wifi-tethering is not working and still is. I don't know why. I was looking for an answer before install the 3rd party tools apks. Anyway I'll install 3rd apks , hope that will be solve my problem. Thank you

Did you formatted system before installing the rom?i think that your prev. rom's wifi modem is in your phone yet.i dont know my job is right or no but i do full wipe(data,cache,dalvik,system,sdext,...)before installing any rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP 4.2.2 for Galaxy Ace

Note: this is continuation of utak3r and all legacy-aokp team. This project is made with erikcas permission (he also helped me), so big thank for him

Introduction
    • Please don't ask ETA
    • If you have any issues please report using as many details. Saying just "doesn't work" won't help anybody...
    • If you want use this rom as base of yours, add me and legacy-aokp to credits
    • Keep this thread clean. Post only development related things here. (bug reports, suggestions, possible fixes etc), for not development related things use general thread instead
    GENERAL THREAD --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2246156

Thank for your cooperation

sm5xz8.png
    2niy6nd.png

2d8f1q8.png
    14k8cqh.png

2pqufrl.png
    ofz0h.png

2r5bw2u.png
    cuc5i.png

344ql90.png
    24awcy0.png

Feature that aren't fully working
    • Live wallpapers
    • Radio FM
    • First start, press home to go into launcher

Download

Last build

[06/10/2013] NIGHTLY
    MD5: 75f80875cf1560863795b0a2a3263a09

Old builds

[20/09/2013] NIGHTLY
    MD5: 336b3063e3fd80f741292c0842c4da54

[08/09/2013] MILESTONE 2
    MD5: a959ea009f26ac699a58ba3163506b26

[09/08/2013] MILESTONE 1

Installation instructions
    • copy rom to sdcard
    • wipe data
    • wipe cache
    • wipe dalvik
    • flash the rom (install zip from sdcard)
    • reboot
    • after setup wizard press home to go into launcher
    • installation complete

Sources

Manifest
    Legacy-aokp sources
    Kernel
    Tomorrow a new release :)
    Changelogs

[06/11/2013] NIGHTLY
    • All sources updated

[20/09/2013] NIGHTLY
    • All sources updated
    • Sms patch included.

[08/09/2013] MILESTONE 2
    • KERNEL: New kernel based on stock by erikcas
    • KERNEL: Backported gpu, bluetooth, uhid drivers from kernel 3
    • KERNEL: Added smartassv2 and sio
    • KERNEL: Enabled triple buffering
    • Updated some gapps
    • Fix torch
    • Fix permission manager

[09/08/2013] MILESTONE 1
    • First mm7 release :)
    • Fixed swag papers bug
    • Fix launcher layout (not at all)
    • All features of aokp milestone 2 (ribbons...)
    This is my first build so the changelog may say "first release" but this is continuation of utak3r project, so these are difference between my rom and his.

People who made this possible
    • All androidarmv6
    • Erikcas, wayland, bieltv3, utak3r and all developers for ace
    • legacy-aokp team ;)
    • AOKP Team
    • Cyanogenmod
    • AOSP
    Seems nice :) will test soon, but busy now on my ace building next CM ;)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Big thank for 2800 downloads only in last release :)

Is fb working in the latest build

I can't help you, I don't use fb in phone :(.

The AOKP MR-1 (4.2 based) is no longer manteined, only small-marginal updates are backported. I'll upload a new nightly and stop this aokp (also because is almost bug free).
    If you want I can start a porting of AOKP MR-2 (4.3 based) or in future AOKP KitKat based (naturally if androidarmv6 will provide armv6 CM adapted sources) :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone