[Dev/Rom] Sero 7 Pro Jellytime Android 4.3.1

Search This thread

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
This is Jellytime! It is a highly modified cm10.2 based rom for the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

This rom is now discontinued currently all of my time is going into taktiK a 4.4 rom for sero 7 pro here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47678214#post47678214

attachment.php
attachment.php

Working:
wifi
bluetooth
audio
usb mass storage
storage
sensors
GPS
Etc

Not working:
Camera
Nfc

My device tree and vendor tree are open source to encourage development on this awesome device:
Device Tree
Vendor Tree

Please perform a full wipe before giving feedback.

Download
Jellytime R3: http://goo.im/devs/randomblame/sero7pro/cm-4.3-20131022-Experimental-m470.zip
Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

CWM (swipe enabled) Recovery: http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/CWM_6.0.4.4_Swipe_Sero7Pro.zip extract and flash this via fastboot

Installing this rom requires that you have first rooted and installed a custom recovery. If you have not start reading:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297246
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2284022

Special Jellytime features:
Halo
ListView animations (settings/display/listview)
Neato transition animations
JT_wallpapers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-07-21-22-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-07-21-22-17.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 30,703
  • Screenshot_2013-10-07-21-23-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-07-21-23-03.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 30,589
Last edited:

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
Flashing this as soon as I get home! :)

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok, so I've tried this rom out now. It's exciting to have something new to play with on this tab. haven't been running it for long.. just looked through (adjusted) some settings/ set up halo and notifications ribbon and what not. played some games (Words with friends--cause i'm an addict/ minion rush--aka despicable me). The games dropped frames... even the WWF animations.

it's all very good and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

i wanna be clear that i'm not in any way complaining. only reporting back a little. overall the rom is sluggish for now. so not a daily driver. but again very exited to have something new in development. and i know already that once you've figured everything out this will be a great rom to have. wish you had source already cause judging by what you've done without it, i know it'll be awesome.
Netflix opens, but would not play-- don't know what it's got to do with but it's just one of the issues i encountered.
and... no keyboard. I fired up XDA to add this comment, and there was no keyboard.

OK.. keep up the good work!

cheers.

Edit 2: so I began to suspect that much of what I was experiencing might have been due to the fact that I'd done a dirty flash. So do a clean install folks.

So I did a factory reset' and sure enough everything is running much much better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mavpts

Jun 9, 2012
ROM is running awesome. BTW the boot screen goes dark for about a minute. This is normal.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
I have to say many thanks for this rom, it feels 100x better then the stock rom, even with the little kinks can ony get better.

again thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Flashing this as soon as I get home! :)

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok, so I've tried this rom out now. It's exciting to have something new to play with on this tab. haven't been running it for long.. just looked through (adjusted) some settings/ set up halo and notifications ribbon and what not. played some games (Words with friends--cause i'm an addict/ minion rush--aka despicable me). The games dropped frames... even the WWF animations.

it's all very good and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

i wanna be clear that i'm not in any way complaining. only reporting back a little. overall the rom is sluggish for now. so not a daily driver. but again very exited to have something new in development. and i know already that once you've figured everything out this will be a great rom to have. wish you had source already cause judging by what you've done without it, i know it'll be awesome.
Netflix opens, but would not play-- don't know what it's got to do with but it's just one of the issues i encountered.
and... no keyboard. I fired up XDA to add this comment, and there was no keyboard.

OK.. keep up the good work!

cheers.

Edit 2: so I began to suspect that much of what I was experiencing might have been due to the fact that I'd done a dirty flash. So do a clean install folks.

So I did a factory reset' and sure enough everything is running much much better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Always wipe everything when moving from one version of android to another
always wipe everything before reporting bugs in a Dev thread
:p

Reactions: herna

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
also mayb a small request, but is possible change huild.prop so the device is recognized as nexus 7.

my computer doesn't seem to pick up the device but it was fine when I used sero's rom.

thank you.

Reactions: iamnotsunshine

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
also mayb a small request, but is possible change huild.prop so the device is recognized as nexus 7.

my computer doesn't seem to pick up the device but it was fine when I used sero's rom.

thank you.

Request denied set up adb properly :p unless you are saying ums isn't working in windows? I will test on my wife's windows box I run Linux exclusively and it works there, in settings storage menu there are USB connection options you can try if you are having issues.

Thanks for all the feedback guys keep it coming I'll be working on cam today

Last edited:
Reactions: herna

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Alright I have found some odd issues with audio on the 10/8 build. Sometimes I'd get either no audio on some apps (ie: Al Jazeera English Tablet) or really high pitch audio (ie: MLS Match Day). I posted a logcat which I do apologize for its size but I do hope it helps with figuring out what is going on. From what I noticed it seems like both apps are playing the video through Gallery or at least some kind of variant of Gallery if that helps any.

Attachments

• audiologcat.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 24

daljitbanga

Sep 28, 2004
USB for device storage not working in windows but when I change it camera storage it does detect the camera connection.

Also not able to get nexus importer working. Doesn't detect my otg flash drive properly. Nexus importer shows some error message for 4.3

Thank you. Hopefully a easy fix.

By again thank you for your hard work.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
USB for device storage not working in windows but when I change it camera storage it does detect the camera connection.

Also not able to get nexus importer working. Doesn't detect my otg flash drive properly. Nexus importer shows some error message for 4.3

Thank you. Hopefully a easy fix.

By again thank you for your hard work.

usb otg doesn't work in the stock rom because of a kernel incompatibility since I'm using the same kernel it will not work on this rom either.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
was trying to get this kernel to load a spoofed module but it isn't being agreeable first I can't export the symbols via a Module.symvers file then even after I got the release name to match the module it decides to play coy by saying it can't find the module when it is there in the path and I can copy it delete it rename it etc rawr I want kernel source

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009
Awesome job buddy, glad to see some life breathed into this great little device. I look fwd to the updates and best of luck to you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

xenokc

Mar 21, 2011
Really liking CM10.2 on this. Is snappier, better battery and now able to do separate user accounts. Conduit Tegra 3 game also works, which didn't with other custom ROM. No camera or NFC but I don't use those on tablet anyway. Essentially performs nearly same as first N7 but with much louder speaker.

One thing I noticed is that Battery listing shows a bluetooth process as 2nd highest process eating battery (behind Display) even though BT not turned on, yet battery life is not bad.

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Really liking CM10.2 on this. Is snappier, better battery and now able to do separate user accounts. Conduit Tegra 3 game also works, which didn't with other custom ROM. No camera or NFC but I don't use those on tablet anyway. Essentially performs nearly same as first N7 but with much louder speaker.

One thing I noticed is that Battery listing shows a bluetooth process as 2nd highest process eating battery (behind Display) even though BT not turned on, yet battery life is not bad.

This isn't cm this is jellytime :)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone