[DEV][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 (Android 12L) for Raspberry Pi 4 B

Search This thread

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Great, sorry for noising down the wrong thread. I also have a question to you if you create builds that can run on Asus Tinker Board. If not, forget about that.

It will also be interesting to know, for RPI4, if Audiophonics hat DACs are supported. See link: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...spdif-pcm-dsd-usb-c-power-supply-p-12795.html
Hope so, since I have several of those.

RPI4 with more than 2Gb RAM is hard to find on the market just now. Will 2Gb be sufficient for your builds?

And also, reading about Android on hifiberry forums, they seem to be unaware of your builds and their compliance to hifiberry? I am interested in more people using Android builds for audio, so why not notify them that you have the solution. What I read, is that they are pointing to Google builds using a different Linux kernel and therefore, too much work, etc
No, I don't have Asus Tinkerboard so I can't provide any builds for it either.

Drivers for that DAC are not enabled on my current builds. I can have them enabled for future LineageOS 18/19 builds for the Pi 4. For other builds you're on your own. E.g. for LineageOS 17 on Pi 3 you would need to compile the kernel (build steps: https://github.com/lineage-rpi/android_kernel_brcm_rpi/issues/10#issuecomment-739346981) with the drivers enabled (https://github.com/lineage-rpi/andr...ch/arm/configs/lineageos_rpi3_defconfig#L3391 & https://github.com/lineage-rpi/andr...ch/arm/configs/lineageos_rpi3_defconfig#L3561), set audio device to DAC in settings, and modify config.txt (dtoverlay=i-sabre-q2m instead of dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus).

I only have 4GB model to test but unlikely there is much difference in general performance to the 2GB one (mostly affects multi-tasking performance).

CBA to sign up and comment on Hifiberry forum. It's up to people to do their own research or stay ignorant. In any case this doesn't require any effort from Hifiberry or even something that they could really do something about (without providing their own Android based OS). Kernel used in my Android builds is a merge of Raspberry Pi kernel (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux) and AOSP reference kernel (https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/) so the kernel drivers for the DACs are already there as they are included in the Raspberry Pi kernel.

Last edited:

chjanson

Jan 22, 2015
No, I don't have Asus Tinkerboard so I can't provide any builds for it either.

Drivers for that DAC are not enabled on my current builds. I can have them enabled for future LineageOS 18/19 builds for the Pi 4. For other builds you're on your own. E.g. for LineageOS 17 on Pi 3 you would need to compile the kernel (build steps: https://github.com/lineage-rpi/android_kernel_brcm_rpi/issues/10#issuecomment-739346981) with the drivers enabled (https://github.com/lineage-rpi/andr...ch/arm/configs/lineageos_rpi3_defconfig#L3391 & https://github.com/lineage-rpi/andr...ch/arm/configs/lineageos_rpi3_defconfig#L3561), set audio device to DAC in settings, and modify config.txt (dtoverlay=i-sabre-q2m instead of dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus).

I only have 4GB model to test but unlikely there is much difference in general performance to the 2GB one (mostly affects multi-tasking performance).

CBA to sign up and comment on Hifiberry forum. It's up to people to do their own research or stay ignorant. In any case this doesn't require any effort from Hifiberry or even something that they could really do something about (without providing their own Android based OS). Kernel used in my Android builds is a merge of Raspberry Pi kernel (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux) and AOSP reference kernel (https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/) so the kernel drivers for the DACs are already there as they are included in the Raspberry Pi kernel.
Thanks for info. I will order a RPI4 today. Please notify me when the AudioPhonics 9038 HAT DAC is included; (chj at hdsoundlab.com) or here. In addition to the 9038 I linked, there is a previous model 9028, probably the same driver. THey are very similar in formfactor and all except the DAC chip (check with David at support@audiophonics.fr). When things are working I will notify HifiBerry, because:

EDIT: Testing RoPieee, it has selector for HAT DACs, and all the AudioPhonics DACs are on the same selector, as "Audiophonics 90x8..."

If your Android PI4 runs like Android on a modern mobile device, it will for some (me at least) be a better choice than the alternatives; dedicated PI build images for Roon, for Volumio, etc, because Android would run them all per your preference. And then there is UAPP, the Android USB player. Excellent on my LG V50 and the most popular app for USB playback (or system audio, for example HifiBerry). I think this solution will be interesting to many audiophile users, and that the lack of focus on this solution is because your solution is not sufficiently known. I shall be the audiophile trial-rabbit. I also have my own DSP app that would be invited (soundpimp.com in android version)

One downside with RPI Android builds is the manual install of Google Play. A swifter solution would be to have a toogle: Google play ON/OFF in the Android settings. ON to download and occassional update, and OFF for purist "no noise" audio playback, i.e. most of the time for the case of audio playback. Just an idea. And as I said, when disabling Google play, RPI3 is acceptable, and it WILL work just fine for audio only. I have tested today with a Volumio-only image, and it equals any other setup I have in audio quality. Also the Audiophonics DACS (and others) are excellent. Very close to high-end audio, granting a bargain when the cost is simply RPI+DAC.

Last edited:

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Thanks for info. I will order a RPI4 today. Please notify me when the AudioPhonics 9038 HAT DAC is included; (chj at hdsoundlab.com) or here. In addition to the 9038 I linked, there is a previous model 9028, probably the same driver. THey are very similar in formfactor and all except the DAC chip (check with David at support@audiophonics.fr). When things are working I will notify HifiBerry, because:

EDIT: Testing RoPieee, it has selector for HAT DACs, and all the AudioPhonics DACs are on the same selector, as "Audiophonics 90x8..."

If your Android PI4 runs like Android on a modern mobile device, it will for some (me at least) be a better choice than the alternatives; dedicated PI build images for Roon, for Volumio, etc, because Android would run them all per your preference. And then there is UAPP, the Android USB player. Excellent on my LG V50 and the most popular app for USB playback (or system audio, for example HifiBerry). I think this solution will be interesting to many audiophile users, and that the lack of focus on this solution is because your solution is not sufficiently known. I shall be the audiophile trial-rabbit. I also have my own DSP app that would be invited (soundpimp.com in android version)

One downside with RPI Android builds is the manual install of Google Play. A swifter solution would be to have a toogle: Google play ON/OFF in the Android settings. ON to download and occassional update, and OFF for purist "no noise" audio playback, i.e. most of the time for the case of audio playback. Just an idea. And as I said, when disabling Google play, RPI3 is acceptable, and it WILL work just fine for audio only. I have tested today with a Volumio-only image, and it equals any other setup I have in audio quality. Also the Audiophonics DACS (and others) are excellent. Very close to high-end audio, granting a bargain when the cost is simply RPI+DAC.
Sure I can ping you here if/when there's another build available. It's of course always possible to compile the kernel if you don't want to wait for that.

Though we're getting audio out of the DACs not sure if it's for audiophiles. Android audio implementation used with the DACs only supports PCM 16-bit stereo audio with 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate.

It is not possible to include any Google services in my builds because of licensing. Having Google services installed is really not any problem on Pi 4. Pi 3 is just extremely limited on the memory (doesn't come even close to meeting the requirements for modern Android devices).

Last edited:

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Here is the logcat, same results as before and I've included the init.rpi4.rc file that I used as well.

Ugh, that log is like 500 pages long. Please try to narrow it down e.g. starting from launching the browser app (and please also use regular text file format).

That init.rpi4.rc looks fine. There's no longer the trace_marker related crash in the log.

amalgamat

Aug 28, 2007
Hello - love these builds so thanks so much for your time on this. Quick one on the Microphone support... I've tried both the latest 19.0 and 18.1 and no matter what i do I can't get any input from the 3.5mm jack, two USB cameras with mics though camera works fine (tried a generic one and a logitech c920) , a stand alone USB microphone, a powered Snowball usb microphone. App permissions are fine. I've tried microphone recording apps, zoom, teams, chrome browser that shows the USB microphone as detected but no sound is recorded. I've installed magisk and looked for addins. Is there some toggle somewhere or line item in the config file i need to change? Any help would be appreciated.

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Hello - love these builds so thanks so much for your time on this. Quick one on the Microphone support... I've tried both the latest 19.0 and 18.1 and no matter what i do I can't get any input from the 3.5mm jack, two USB cameras with mics though camera works fine (tried a generic one and a logitech c920) , a stand alone USB microphone, a powered Snowball usb microphone. App permissions are fine. I've tried microphone recording apps, zoom, teams, chrome browser that shows the USB microphone as detected but no sound is recorded. I've installed magisk and looked for addins. Is there some toggle somewhere or line item in the config file i need to change? Any help would be appreciated.
Raspberry Pi doesn't have any built-in hardware for audio input. 3.5mm jack doesn't have mic so that is obviously not going to work.

I've tested both my USB sound card with mic input and mic on my USB webcam and both work fine. USB audio level might be low so make sure to increase that from the settings as it also seems to affect the USB mic level.

amalgamat

Aug 28, 2007
Raspberry Pi doesn't have any built-in hardware for audio input. 3.5mm jack doesn't have mic so that is obviously not going to work.

I've tested both my USB sound card with mic input and mic on my USB webcam and both work fine. USB audio level might be low so make sure to increase that from the settings as it also seems to affect the USB mic level.
thanks for that, hadn't realised the 3.5mm was audio out only. all the microphones work fine with sound recorder (hadn't used that to test doh) so it might just be something to do with chrome, teams and zoom. i'll play around with it some more. ta.

Ozi1100

Aug 1, 2021
Hi,

i downloaded and flasehd the latest os19 to a 16gb sd card. I am using the rpi 7inch touchscreen and therefore i have changed the resolution.txt and uncommented dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch in config.txt. Everytime I end up with the rainbow screen and after that black screen. I tryed differend settings but the 7inch display wont work.

Is there something else I can try? I dont have a micro hdmi cable to change the resolution in the os - but if there is no other way i will buy one.

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Hi,

i downloaded and flasehd the latest os19 to a 16gb sd card. I am using the rpi 7inch touchscreen and therefore i have changed the resolution.txt and uncommented dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch in config.txt. Everytime I end up with the rainbow screen and after that black screen. I tryed differend settings but the 7inch display wont work.

Is there something else I can try? I dont have a micro hdmi cable to change the resolution in the os - but if there is no other way i will buy one.
Are you sure you've tested the latest release (20211216) which is the first one that comes with Linux 5.10 kernel by default?
As stated in the FAQ there is a settings option to enable the configurations for the official 7" display so you also need to have another display. If you want to enable these configurations manually, there's two things to do - uncomment 'dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch' in /boot/config.txt & set 800x480 in /boot/resolution.txt (or remove the file altogether). You also need to change display density to adjust to the smaller display resolution somehow (go and enable the settings option as it also does this for you).

Ozi1100

Aug 1, 2021
Are you sure you've tested the latest release (20211216) which is the first one that comes with Linux 5.10 kernel by default?
Yes, I tryed now again, fresh download of os19, changed config.txt and resolution.txt. I get a rainbow and dann blackscreen (flashing once from white to black). I hoped to find a way where I dont had to buy a micro hdmi cable :D ..

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Yes, I tryed now again, fresh download of os19, changed config.txt and resolution.txt. I get a rainbow and dann blackscreen (flashing once from white to black). I hoped to find a way where I dont had to buy a micro hdmi cable :D ..
Impossible to say without seeing any logs. I broke my official 7" display a while back so I can't test. Those are the same changes the settings option does (you can also check /vendor/bin/rpi4-touchscreen.sh) and it's been reported working by other people.

kevinygod

Aug 18, 2020
how cn i fix this erorr on pixel experience 12

rares@ASUS-VivoBook-X509FL:~/pixel$ make ramdisk systemimage vendorimage
build/make/core/soong_config.mk:196: warning: BOARD_PLAT_PUBLIC_SEPOLICY_DIR has been deprecated. Use SYSTEM_EXT_PUBLIC_SEPOLICY_DIRS instead.
build/make/core/soong_config.mk:197: warning: BOARD_PLAT_PRIVATE_SEPOLICY_DIR has been deprecated. Use SYSTEM_EXT_PRIVATE_SEPOLICY_DIRS instead.
============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=12
TARGET_PRODUCT=rpi4
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a72
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.4.0-90-generic-x86_64-Linux-Mint-20.2
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=SD1A.210817.036
OUT_DIR=out
PRODUCT_SOONG_NAMESPACES=external/mesa3d
============================================
[100% 1/1] out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build out/soong/build.ninja
FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja
cd "$(dirname "out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build")" && BUILDER="$PWD/$(basename "out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build")" && cd / && env -i "$BUILDER" -
-top "$TOP" --out "out/soong" -n "out" -d "out/soong/build.ninja.d" -t -l out/.module_paths/Android.bp.list -globFile out/soong/.bootstrap/bui
ld-globs.ninja -o out/soong/build.ninja --available_env out/soong/soong.environment.available --used_env out/soong/soong.environment.used Android.bp
error: hardware/interfaces/neuralnetworks/aidl/utils/Android.bp:48:1: "neuralnetworks_utils_hal_aidl_test" depends on undefined module "neuralnetworks_utils_d
efaults"
16:05:29 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (5 seconds) ####

rares@ASUS-VivoBook-X509FL:~/pixel$
Same error for me

Ozi1100

Aug 1, 2021
Impossible to say without seeing any logs. I broke my official 7" display a while back so I can't test. Those are the same changes the settings option does (you can also check /vendor/bin/rpi4-touchscreen.sh) and it's been reported working by other people.
I tryed with an nother power cable and now it works with the 7"touch.

Some apps (i.e. radio.net) have a small resolution - looks like it showing in portrait and not landscape.

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
I tryed with an nother power cable and now it works with the 7"touch.

Some apps (i.e. radio.net) have a small resolution - looks like it showing in portrait and not landscape.
This build forces default (landscape) orientation because usually we're using displays that don't rotate. If you want to change this behavior, you can set 'config.override_forced_orient=true' in /vendor/build.prop. You can also rotate the display from Settings -> System -> Advanced settings -> Display rotation.

Ozi1100

Aug 1, 2021
Is there a problem with audio streaming through bluetooth? I have tryed to play audio over bluetooth on my car radio and it has some cut offs.

gavranpero

Feb 28, 2011
Banja Luka
Greeting. I installed Android 12 on Rpi4 and connected the Sony WH-1000XM3. When I checked which audio codec was being used, it says LDAC. So not only Rpi, but the headphones are currently working on that codec, while they are connected to Rpi. How is that possible ?

Jul 14, 2014
So I know to make the MPU6050 work I have to remove the # on #dtoverlay=android-i2c-sensor,mpu6050, I've done that and had my other sensor working fine however it's an MPU9265 technically and the compass on it doesn't report since the software wasn't setup for it. I want the compass to work so I got a LSM303DLHC since it was theoretically plug and play. I then tried writing a line dtoverlay=android-i2c-sensor,lsm303dlhc thinking it needed that to look for the input from the sensor. Unfortunately I've had no luck, I've even tried using the 6050 line again just to see if the accelerometer data might be there but of course that doesn't work. I got a 2nd one thinking maybe it was defective but unfortunatly it still isn't working. The one from adafruit is no longer available... I may have one that for one reason or another isn't compatible I don't really know, or maybe I have no idea what I'm doing? It says it uses the LSM303DLHC sensor but the board is calling itself a GY-511, it still has the correct pins however and I figured if the chip on board is correct then the rest of the stuff is just the power conditioning and should still connect properly over the I2C data paths.

KonstaT

Jan 20, 2016
KonstaKANG.com
Is there a problem with audio streaming through bluetooth? I have tryed to play audio over bluetooth on my car radio and it has some cut offs.
There is a know issue with bluetooth audio and Google location services after installing gapps. This only happens with gapps installed and if you've enabled location access during the gapps setup. Google location services scan nearby bluetooth devices to determine the device location which doesn't work great when your using bluetooth audio at the same time. There's also workaround available if disabling Google location access is not enough https://xdaforums.com/t/dev-rom-uno...aspberry-pi-4-b.4212945/page-14#post-85769441
Greeting. I installed Android 12 on Rpi4 and connected the Sony WH-1000XM3. When I checked which audio codec was being used, it says LDAC. So not only Rpi, but the headphones are currently working on that codec, while they are connected to Rpi. How is that possible ?
It means nothing. Bluetooth codec options in developer options are no-op.

Edit. LDAC should work, see https://xdaforums.com/t/dev-rom-uno...raspberry-pi-4-b.4356891/page-7#post-86219431
So I know to make the MPU6050 work I have to remove the # on #dtoverlay=android-i2c-sensor,mpu6050, I've done that and had my other sensor working fine however it's an MPU9265 technically and the compass on it doesn't report since the software wasn't setup for it. I want the compass to work so I got a LSM303DLHC since it was theoretically plug and play. I then tried writing a line dtoverlay=android-i2c-sensor,lsm303dlhc thinking it needed that to look for the input from the sensor. Unfortunately I've had no luck, I've even tried using the 6050 line again just to see if the accelerometer data might be there but of course that doesn't work. I got a 2nd one thinking maybe it was defective but unfortunatly it still isn't working. The one from adafruit is no longer available... I may have one that for one reason or another isn't compatible I don't really know, or maybe I have no idea what I'm doing? It says it uses the LSM303DLHC sensor but the board is calling itself a GY-511, it still has the correct pins however and I figured if the chip on board is correct then the rest of the stuff is just the power conditioning and should still connect properly over the I2C data paths.
There is a settings option in Settings -> System -> Advanced settings -> Sensors. You should use that for the supported sensors instead of modifying config.txt manually. Edit. Besides, it's 'dtoverlay=android-i2c-sensor,lsm303dlhca,lsm303dlhcm' for this sensor module.

Check 'dmesg' and 'i2cdetect -y 1' (in rooted shell) to see that your sensor module is detected and what I2C address is uses. If your sensor module uses different I2C address than expected (https://github.com/lineage-rpi/andr...erlays/android-i2c-sensor-overlay.dts#L43-L71) it can also be configured in the config.txt.

Last edited:
Reactions: gavranpero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here’s my build of LineageOS 19 for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, Pi 400, and Compute Module 4. It is unofficial and unsupported by the LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only. Pi 4 model with at least 2GB of RAM is required to run this build.

Important! This image includes parts that are licensed under non-commercial license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International). You may use this build freely in personal/educational/etc use. Commercial use is not allowed with this build! You can contact me by email to discuss creating customized Android builds for commercial purposes.

Screenshot_20220313-200456_Settings.png

There is also Android TV version available.

Screenshot_20220114-084413_Settings.png

Working:
    • Audio (HDMI, 3.5mm jack, USB microphones, bluetooth speakers/headphones, etc)
    • Audio DAC (using GPIO DACs e.g. Hifiberry DAC+)
    • Bluetooth (and bluetooth tethering)
    • Camera (using official Pi camera modules & UVC USB webcams)
    • GPIO
    • GPS (using external USB modules e.g. U-Blox 7)
    • Ethernet
    • Hardware accelerated graphics (V3D, OpenGL & Vulkan)
    • Hardware video decoding & encoding (H.265 decoding, H.264 decoding & encoding)
    • HDMI display (and HDMI-CEC)
    • I2C
    • IR remotes (using external GPIO IR modules e.g. TSOP4838)
    • RTC (using external GPIO I2C modules e.g. DS3231)
    • Sensors (using external GPIO I2C modules e.g. MPU6050, LSM6DS3, LSM303DLHC, BME280/BMP280, and APDS9930 accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, temperature, pressure, humidity, ambient light, and proximity)
    • Serial console (using external GPIO serial console adapters e.g. PL2303)
    • SPI
    • Touchscreen/multi-touch (official 7" touchscreen, USB touchscreens, Waveshare SPI touchscreens)
    • USB (mouse, keyboard, storage, etc)
    • USB-C (ADB, MTP, PTP, USB tethering)
    • Wifi (and wifi tethering)

Issues:
    • Camcorder (i.e. recording videos) & some third party camera apps don't work with official Pi camera modules (works with UVC USB webcams)
    • SELinux is in permissive mode
    • and more…

Sources:

• Peter Yoon and android-rpi project
    • Roman Stratiienko and GloDroid project
    • AOSP reference board developers (dragonboard, hikey, yukawa)
    • E. Anholt for V3D graphics driver
    • Maxime Ripard for Pi 4 KMS driver
    • Android-x86 project
    • LineageOS team and everyone who has contributed to LineageOS 19
    New build.

-switch to Linux 5.10 kernel by default
    -fix VC4 HDMI audio with 5.10 kernel (3.5mm jack is now used by default so select the right HDMI device from the settings)
    -add support for the official 7" touchscreen display with hw accelerated graphics (enable configurations for the touchscreen from the settings)
    -minor brightness fixes for the official 7" display
    -add support for Pi camera modules using libcamera, preview & photos work - camcorder doesn't (thanks to Roman Stratiienko)
    -fix UVC USB webcams that use external camera HAL (camera needs to support MJPG format - preview, photos & camcorder works)
    -add option to enable currently very WIP H.264 hardware video decoding using v4l2_codec2 (enable experimental feature from the settings)
    -fix reboots related to Hotspot 2.0 networks/ANQP requests (see issue #6)
    -Vulkan 1.1 (thanks to people at Igalia for Vulkan 1.1 conformance and Roman Stratiienko for latest Mesa fixes)
    -update to Mesa 21.3.1
    -update to Linux 5.10.83 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
    -Android security patch level: 5 December 2021 (merged)
    How to install:
    1. Follow the official Raspberry Pi instructions for writing the image to the SD card.
    If you’re running a recent build (20220114 or newer) you can also update to newer builds using TWRP flashable OTA packages. OTA updates pushed through the built-in Updater app are stored at /data/lineageos_updates/.
    1. Download lineage-19.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-rpi4-ota.zip and save it to your device’s internal storage or use an external USB drive
    2. Boot to TWRP recovery (see FAQ)
    3. Install lineage-19.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-rpi4-ota.zip from your selected storage
    4. (Flash Magisk/other add-ons you had previously installed)
    5. Boot out of recovery (see FAQ)
    Changes that are backed up and restored flashing OTAs:
    • Device specific settings changed using Settings -> System -> Raspberry Pi settings
    • Manual changes to /boot/resolution.txt and /boot/rc_keymap.txt
    • USB boot configuration in /boot/config.txt
    • User specific options in /boot/config_user.txt
    • GApps
    Changes that are not backed up and restored flashing OTAs:
    • Manual changes to /boot/config.txt (and any other manual changes to /boot partition)
    • Magisk

FAQ:

FAQ is getting quite long and difficult to maintain in several different places. You can find the always up-to-date FAQs here:
    https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19/
    https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS19-ATV/
    Wow I didn't expect latest Android being supported on the Pie, thanks for the great work!
    I have two small questions though :
    • Do you know how is support for microG? It doesn't cause any problem? (was wondering about casting videos for example)
    MicroG requires a patch for signature spoofing that is not included in LineageOS for security reasons. I think this is also something that can be achieved using Magisk (which is now supported) but haven't looked into it.
    • I know it has been asked few times already, but now that Android 12 has been released are you confident it will be possible to have support for hardware acceleration soon? Would make a big difference to have a steady 1080p/60fps
    I'm pretty confident it will work eventually. Soon(™) is also a relative term.

Short term goal is to get some proof of concept that stateful H.264 V4L2 dec/enc can work on Android on Pi 4. Just made some minor progress with v4l2_codec2 couple of days ago and got the dec/enc codec2 component to even do something in the first place. Not sure if the current issues I'm having are due to memory allocation or the codec component negotiating with the kernel driver. There's also still some hardcoded buffer sizes, etc that depend on the video resolution you're trying to dec/enc. Only real hardware that I'm aware that just recently has this working at least to some extent is dragonboard and John Stultz has tweeted some updates on the matter so check those out if you're interested.

Sorry if this wasn't the news you were looking for but things like this take time.
    New build. Added optional Linux 5.10 kernel add-on to test a lot of WIP stuff.

-add option to show virtual volume down, volume up, and power keys on navigation bar (requires reboot)
    -add option for old TCP-based ADB over network
    -show IP address and port for ADB/SSH/VNC options
    -update to TWRP 3.6.0_11-0-KonstaKANG
    -update to Mesa 21.3.0
    -update to Linux 5.4.161 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
    -Android security patch level: 5 November 2021 (merged)

Linux 5.10 kernel: (optional add-on)
    -various KMS driver improvements (DSI panel support, etc)
    -support for Pi camera modules using libcamera, preview & photos work - camcorder doesn’t (thanks to Roman Stratiienko)
    -option to test currently very WIP H.264 hardware video decoding using v4l2_codec2 (Settings -> System -> Advanced settings -> Hardware video decoding)
    -HDMI audio is not supported! (see issue #4651 & issue #4654)
    -new Raspberry Pi Android kernel bring-up based on AOSP android12-5.10-lts
    -update to Linux 5.10.81 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)