[DEV][Squadzone-source][CM7][WIP] Nano_Build - Unofficial CyanogenMod-7.2.0-GT-S5360

Search This thread

NanoSurfer

Mar 10, 2012
Cape Town
Thank You
Squadzone!

Hey Guys

I'm sorry for creating another CM7 thread but I feel I needed to as this is neither a fix nor a port but a work in progress and it is a source build. I also needed a place to post all subsequent builds so that it would be easier for people to find and easier for me to update. If the mods feel that this should be closed then so be it, I will still continue my work on CM7.

Ok, with that out of the way I want to say first off that I am posting this in the spirit of WANTING people to contribute!! I cant build this on my own so if you feel that you can build it better and want to post it here then PLEASE DO SO! Just PM me and I will definitely put it up! I really want CM7 badly for this device and I know that others do too so any contributions will be extremely welcome! I need people who are prepared to help out with the bugs and to work with me in reaching a goal for CyanogenMod for our device. We are so close and we have talented people like Squadzone, Vivek and WhiteXp to thank for the tremendous headway we have made in the past few months. At the beginning of this year it was thought to be impossible by some to have a custom kernel for our device yet now we have options! WhiteXp is doing FANTASTIC work on achieving our gaol for a perfect kernel and for that I salute him. Obviously we have the likes of Repencis, Merruk, Savie and Infranbagus to say a BIG thank you to as well! Also a big thanks to all those I have forgot to mention ;)

So now on to what I have so far:

1) Nano_Build 0.3(Beta) (Sound in this build is not working)

2) Nano_Build 0.3b(Beta) (Sound is fixed but patched thanks to one of Vivek's previous builds - still trying to figure out how to build it into source)

3) Nano_build 0.4(beta) (internet working (NOT wifi) - no need for internet_patch.zip)

4) Nano_Build(beta)0.63 (some minor improvements but bluetooth and wifi still not working! Only 3g)

Bugs? Hell yeah!!

What is working so far?

Auto rotation works better (no green screen)

internet (3G, EDGE) works

Colour is still swapped (screenshots below are deceiving) but it looks very good

Sound works

SD card is working nicely (although your pics wont show up in gallery but if you delete the Gallery3D.apk and install it as an app after installation it shows all of them, beats the crap out of me but that's how it is) All pics saved after installation shows.

Similar bugs as MadTeams build because they are both source builds but I am working on it and doing a lot of research into it. This is my first time devin with Android

Guys I am doing my best but this thing is really hard to get right. So stay tuned for further updates, and remember, I am not promising to give you CM7 but I am trying my best.

To install, use MadTeams method: (I use this method but might work another way)

-install merruk pre-2.0 kernel (Or WhiteXP's Kernel, your choice)
- go into recovery mode ...
-format system
-mount system
-install CM7
-wipe data
-reboot

Thanks goes to:
Squadzone (for source, A VERY BIG THANKS TO YOU SIR!)
WhiteXP
MadTeam (Motafoca)
Vivek
And all of you for support and hacking the builds to get it working!

Screen Shots:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

pngkymrdhny

Jan 16, 2012
jakarta
I Try build 04 and internet patch, I still face the green screen issue on screen rotation.

But this, this is very awesome work. Keep on good work sir.
Regards

nagendhra.sudheer2

Feb 1, 2012
guntur
Nano
Sorry to say that
You also comes under same path
I have tested your version 0.3b beta with sound fix
May be you have taken some sound related files from vivekkalady's patch
In your version there is serious problem of PHONE FREEZING and RESTART

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Last edited:

nagendhra.sudheer2

Feb 1, 2012
guntur
Go to
-> Settings
-> Sound
-> mark the options SCREEN SELECTION SOUND, etc
and then phone freezes and restart continuously
We can't able to play 3d games in general mode with sound options enabled
So we must close the
Sound
Music
Vibration options in game settings
I have test it in TURBOFLY 3D GAME
Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You
    Squadzone!

Hey Guys

I'm sorry for creating another CM7 thread but I feel I needed to as this is neither a fix nor a port but a work in progress and it is a source build. I also needed a place to post all subsequent builds so that it would be easier for people to find and easier for me to update. If the mods feel that this should be closed then so be it, I will still continue my work on CM7.

Ok, with that out of the way I want to say first off that I am posting this in the spirit of WANTING people to contribute!! I cant build this on my own so if you feel that you can build it better and want to post it here then PLEASE DO SO! Just PM me and I will definitely put it up! I really want CM7 badly for this device and I know that others do too so any contributions will be extremely welcome! I need people who are prepared to help out with the bugs and to work with me in reaching a goal for CyanogenMod for our device. We are so close and we have talented people like Squadzone, Vivek and WhiteXp to thank for the tremendous headway we have made in the past few months. At the beginning of this year it was thought to be impossible by some to have a custom kernel for our device yet now we have options! WhiteXp is doing FANTASTIC work on achieving our gaol for a perfect kernel and for that I salute him. Obviously we have the likes of Repencis, Merruk, Savie and Infranbagus to say a BIG thank you to as well! Also a big thanks to all those I have forgot to mention ;)

So now on to what I have so far:

1) Nano_Build 0.3(Beta) (Sound in this build is not working)

2) Nano_Build 0.3b(Beta) (Sound is fixed but patched thanks to one of Vivek's previous builds - still trying to figure out how to build it into source)

3) Nano_build 0.4(beta) (internet working (NOT wifi) - no need for internet_patch.zip)

4) Nano_Build(beta)0.63 (some minor improvements but bluetooth and wifi still not working! Only 3g)

Bugs? Hell yeah!!

What is working so far?

Auto rotation works better (no green screen)

internet (3G, EDGE) works

Colour is still swapped (screenshots below are deceiving) but it looks very good

Sound works

SD card is working nicely (although your pics wont show up in gallery but if you delete the Gallery3D.apk and install it as an app after installation it shows all of them, beats the crap out of me but that's how it is) All pics saved after installation shows.

Similar bugs as MadTeams build because they are both source builds but I am working on it and doing a lot of research into it. This is my first time devin with Android

Guys I am doing my best but this thing is really hard to get right. So stay tuned for further updates, and remember, I am not promising to give you CM7 but I am trying my best.

To install, use MadTeams method: (I use this method but might work another way)

-install merruk pre-2.0 kernel (Or WhiteXP's Kernel, your choice)
    - go into recovery mode ...
    -format system
    -mount system
    -install CM7
    -wipe data
    -reboot

Thanks goes to:
    Squadzone (for source, A VERY BIG THANKS TO YOU SIR!)
    WhiteXP
    MadTeam (Motafoca)
    Vivek
    And all of you for support and hacking the builds to get it working!

Screen Shots:

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    Update:

Apply this patch to get internet working if you downloaded a pre Nano_build4.0(beta) build.

internet_patch.zip

PS: If you're using Merruks kernel then please mount system in mounts and storage for patch to stick
    Hey Guys

For those keen to test my latest build then here it is:

NanoBuild (beta)0.63

Be warned that it is still a WIP and that it is not much of an improvement over previous build (although there actually are improvements, just slight)

This is for testers and especially for Master_key who is keen to fix wifi. Have a look at the logcat.

Install it with Merruks kernel, and use MadTeam Method

Sound works and 3g
    Guys I have a small confession to make. I have been searching for a while now for a different phone because I have grown to dislike this phone intensely! I can't stand this damn thing, if only it had a flipping Qualcom processor :mad:

Anyway, so my previous phone was a BlackBerry 8520 (even worse than this ;)) but as I do with all my devices, I looked after the thing so well (screen guard + case) that it looked brand new. So this past weekend I found a guy on Gumtree who was willing to swap his Galaxy Gio for my old Blackberry (strange I know but you must remember that Blackberry is still the biggest selling phone in my country thanks to the BIS network and a lot of people cant afford to use the internet without it, plus BBM is very popular here)

So now I have a Galaxy Y and a Galaxy Gio (I could have gotten the Gio when I got my Y on contract but I was swayed by the slightly faster processor, one of my dumbest mistakes ever!) Anyway I'm using the Gio now with CyanogenMod 9 and it is awesome! But I haven't forgotten about the Y because I am keeping it and still trying to get CM7 working on it. Currently I am waiting for an update from Squadzone because I don't know how to fix the graphics issue and everything I have tried has failed :(

So please note that I haven't given up on this device and I'm hoping that WhiteXp and Maroc will help out with further developments as well.
    Update!!!

Oh Hell yeah! I fixed the sd card scanning issue as well!!!! SD card scans now upon boot :D :D :D Now Gallery will show all pics and music :D :D

I just compiled a new build and incorporated that into the source :D I am experimenting with a few builds and hopefully get sound working soon :fingers-crossed:

Will keep you all updated.

But now I must sleep :p