[DEV STOPPED] [2009-05-14] mLock v0.3 - passcode device lock

Search This thread

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
The development of mLock is stopped.
There are different reasons for this decision but the most important one is, that if no time for the further development.

After mPlug, here is my second attempt to build a Windows Mobile application, it's called mLock.

mLock is at the moment only a passcode device lock with no settings except for your own passcode. In the future I will build a settings tool for changing passcodes, show/hide SMS, Email, MMS in passcode screen etc.
Also I try to implement a application lock so that you can define several applications that will be locked by mLock when someone will launch them.

It's very important that you report me every error (maybe with screenshot). That's the only way to make the app bug-free.

Screenshots:
mLock_beta_1.jpg
mLock_beta_2.jpg
mLock_beta_3.jpg

Overview - Features, ToDo and System requirements

Changelog

Download here (please see installation information)

Suggestion are welcome on every time.

Last edited:

wmontae

Mar 14, 2008
so is this going to be able to locke individual applications..for example if i just dont want anyone to read my messages will this program be able to lock only my messages

tmz

Feb 2, 2008
Thanks, Looks good I will give it a try later today.

Thanks T M Z

P.S. no link or cab, ?

Last edited:

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
so is this going to be able to locke individual applications..for example if i just dont want anyone to read my messages will this program be able to lock only my messages

At the moment it doesen't but I'll implement this feature.

No, because I've still some little bugs which I want to fix before I release it. I found them today while playing around with mLock.

I'll release it in the next two days.

whatsleft4her

May 14, 2008
i think you need to implement the slider option on this it looks just as good as slide to unlock and it would be a true iphone copy it looks like to me...

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
i think you need to implement the slider option on this it looks just as good as slide to unlock and it would be a true iphone copy it looks like to me...

No I won't implement a Slide2Unlock Option therefore I recommend you to take S2U2. Maybe I'll add a option to start mLock after S2U2 is unlocked. Let's see what's coming ;)

kvaughan

Feb 14, 2009
My suggestions for what it's worth...

1. Lose the iPhone look
2. Bigger buttons to be more finger friendly
3. Option to wipe device after a user specified number of wrong attempts

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
My suggestions for what it's worth...

1. Lose the iPhone look
2. Bigger buttons to be more finger friendly
3. Option to wipe device after a user specified number of wrong attempts

1. The application will be fully skinable, so do what you want.
2. The buttons are big enough. I don't have small fingers and I can control all buttons with my thumb.
3. Sorry I can't follow you, do you mean a option to do a hardreset after someone entered the code several times wrong?

simon_darley

Jan 1, 2005
QLD Australia
suggestions

I have been looking for an app that has more extensive security features and asked developers to look at my suggestions, alas no feedback so far! so my suggestions:

1. my phone is for work with staff, work with clients, family for home, and personal. So I would like a pin code access for different purposes.

2. My contacts and my calendars and my tasks are all categorised, so each of these should be visible or invisible depending on the passcode entered. So work is visible at work and all others hidden. All work hidden when at home, failed passcode hides everything, private passcode shows everything (rather advanced and unlikely)

3. I would like contacts and tasks and calendars either negative or possitive categories visible with a particular passcode, eg show with category=X only, and show if category <> Y

4. I would like emails from multi sources (hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail and works push email) AND text messages visible or in visible depending on whether the contact is also visisble or invisible bsed upon there categories

5. Keyword inclusions could also be set to visible or invisible. That is if a text email or diary contact or task contains a particular key word, make invisible

so what I don't want is the public seeing anything at all that just want to look, my staff seeing my private stuff, my clients seeing my private or staff stuff and my family seeing my work stuff.

At this point I go into major freaks and cardiac fits if anybody touches my phone.

So, that should keep you busy for a while!

CHeers

Simon

Xue v.2

Sep 23, 2007
the hard reset option after several wrong attemps is a nice idea. It will prevent any data theft if the phone is stolen or something...

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
I have been looking for an app that has more extensive security features and asked developers to look at my suggestions, alas no feedback so far! so my suggestions:

1. my phone is for work with staff, work with clients, family for home, and personal. So I would like a pin code access for different purposes.

2. My contacts and my calendars and my tasks are all categorised, so each of these should be visible or invisible depending on the passcode entered. So work is visible at work and all others hidden. All work hidden when at home, failed passcode hides everything, private passcode shows everything (rather advanced and unlikely)

3. I would like contacts and tasks and calendars either negative or possitive categories visible with a particular passcode, eg show with category=X only, and show if category <> Y

4. I would like emails from multi sources (hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail and works push email) AND text messages visible or in visible depending on whether the contact is also visisble or invisible bsed upon there categories

5. Keyword inclusions could also be set to visible or invisible. That is if a text email or diary contact or task contains a particular key word, make invisible

so what I don't want is the public seeing anything at all that just want to look, my staff seeing my private stuff, my clients seeing my private or staff stuff and my family seeing my work stuff.

At this point I go into major freaks and cardiac fits if anybody touches my phone.

So, that should keep you busy for a while!

CHeers

Simon

:eek: What you're talking about is a completly different programm (sense). I think what you're looking for is something like that. It's not my target to code such a application, I only want to develop a access control for the device and several application when someone launches them. Sorry that I can't help you with your wishes.

yshaikh01

Aug 28, 2007
Version 0.1 - initial release

Changelog: here

Download: here (please see installation information)

Settings tool in progress...

I've installed this on my device, couple of bugs/problems

1 - It does not launch, crashes with an error message "Can't find gfx\dot.png". There is no gfx folder in the dir.

2 - In Remove Programs it shows as mPlug rather thean mLock. The cab file does not seem to have dot.png in there.

Regards

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
I've installed this on my device, couple of bugs/problems

1 - It does not launch, crashes with an error message "Can't find gfx\dot.png". There is no gfx folder in the dir.

2 - In Remove Programs it shows as mPlug rather thean mLock. The cab file does not seem to have dot.png in there.

Regards

Oh damn. I apologize for this, here is the bugfix. Thanks for reporting.

Version 0.1.1 - bugfix edition

Changelog: here

Download: here (please see installation information)

Settings tool in progress...

Mr Anderson

Nov 14, 2008
Too early for me to dive in (mine is a WVGA device and I'm looking for the app lock feature which has yet to be implemented).

However, I will be watching this thread with great interest and wish you luck in your work merlot.

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
It's on my ToDo list but I don't know when I can do it. I've only little time at the moment and I'm currently working on the settings tool.