[DEV] thread on LG G Pad 7.0/8.0/10.1

Search This thread

newbreedsoftware

Mar 4, 2009
Carson City
After flashing a stock 4.4.2 rooted rom on my v410 it shows I only have ~3/16gb available. I have done a factory reset to no avail. Anyone know why my system would be using 11gb?

Attachments

• tmp_24703-Screenshot_2016-12-11-18-49-04-59260037.png
    tmp_24703-Screenshot_2016-12-11-18-49-04-59260037.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 255
  • tmp_24703-Screenshot_2016-12-11-18-49-12123712937.png
    tmp_24703-Screenshot_2016-12-11-18-49-12123712937.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 254

TBD753BSturgi

Mar 27, 2013
After flashing a stock 4.4.2 rooted rom on my v410 it shows I only have ~3/16gb available. I have done a factory reset to no avail. Anyone know why my system would be using 11gb?
Need to follow instructions from this thread.http://xdaforums.com/g-pad-10/general/tutorial-lg-gpad-v410-5-1-to-4-4-t3232150

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Anyone know how to or have tried compiling a rom from lg's open source pages. I have downloaded lg's site and what i think is the right rom from googles site but not sure how to compile the 2 together.

jason2678

Jul 1, 2014
St. Paul

You don't need to do the internal storage fix thing. That happens after people use a kdz that repartitions the device. Your tablet is still reporting the right size, so no need to go through that long and involved internal storage fix.

Do you have a TWRP backup stored on internal storage? That's always a likely candidate for chewing up a bunch of room in the misc category.

If you can't find the stuff chewing up your storage and delete it with a file manager, you should be able to get the space back by formatting the internal storage in TWRP. By default the wipes you normally do to flash a ROM with TWRP won't actually wipe userdata. If you pick the format data option under TWRP's wipe menu it will blank the internal storage, userdata and all; that is the wipe where you have to type "yes" to confirm it is what you really want to do. Just make sure you have a ROM stored on a microSD, or you've confirmed you can copy files from a computer over usb while in TWRP, because your internal sdcard is going to be blank if you do that.

TBD753BSturgi

Mar 27, 2013
You don't need to do the internal storage fix thing. That happens after people use a kdz that repartitions the device. Your tablet is still reporting the right size, so no need to go through that long and involved internal storage fix.

Do you have a TWRP backup stored on internal storage? That's always a likely candidate for chewing up a bunch of room in the misc category.

If you can't find the stuff chewing up your storage and delete it with a file manager, you should be able to get the space back by formatting the internal storage in TWRP. By default the wipes you normally do to flash a ROM with TWRP won't actually wipe userdata. If you pick the format data option under TWRP's wipe menu it will blank the internal storage, userdata and all; that is the wipe where you have to type "yes" to confirm it is what you really want to do. Just make sure you have a ROM stored on a microSD, or you've confirmed you can copy files from a computer over usb while in TWRP, because your internal sdcard is going to be blank if you do that.
You do need to do the storage fix. If you use another app like cpu x or connect it to a pc it will show only 4gb instead of 16gb. If you have twrp installed then you only need to do from step 16 on and you dont have to install candy rom.

TBD753BSturgi

Mar 27, 2013
You do need to do the storage fix. If you use another app like cpu x or connect it to a pc it will show only 4gb instead of 16gb. If you have twrp installed then you only need to do from step 16 on and you dont have to install candy rom.

I have tried the process several times now sometimes it will read as 16g in android and in parted menu, but only 4g in pc or other apps. When it happens i do the rm 33 then mkpartfs and then change to ext4. Twrp wipe and its 16g with everything.

nerdyshinobi

Aug 11, 2015
Has anyone gotten a build of LineageOS for the v410 to compile? I keep getting missing stuff from the proprietary blobs, so it won't build. I found a build of cm14, but it's months old and, well, defunct. Anyone building for v410?

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
Has anyone gotten a build of LineageOS for the v410 to compile? I keep getting missing stuff from the proprietary blobs, so it won't build. I found a build of cm14, but it's months old and, well, defunct. Anyone building for v410?
No, but there are nightlies from Christmas. As I'm writing this in January, it is technically one month, not several ?

CM page: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=v410

Direct download CM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/v410-latest.zip

Also, on the LineageOS download site, there are builds for v410 built yesterday.

Lineage page: https://download.lineageos.org/v410

Direct download lineage (must wipe, even if coming from CM): https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/v410/20170130/lineage-14.1-20170130-nightly-v410-signed.zip

Root zip: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/addonsu-arm-signed.zip

Or use SuperSU zip: https://download.chainfire.eu/supersu/

If you use cm14.1 and want to keep data, download and flash this link, reboot, download and flash the normal one: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...ge-14.1-20170130-experimental-v410-signed.zip

Sent from my Amazon Fire using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Kevinws42

Apr 25, 2015
Wentzville, MO
V410 Google Play Movies

I just flashed the Lineage 14.1 2-1-17 build for the V410. Google play movies will not play any purchased content. I get there was an error. This happens with both streaming and downloaded content.

I had the same issue with all of the CM 14.1 builds. CM 13 Google play movies play correctly.

Does anybody have any insight to this.

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
I just flashed the Lineage 14.1 2-1-17 build for the V410. Google play movies will not play any purchased content. I get there was an error. This happens with both streaming and downloaded content.

I had the same issue with all of the CM 14.1 builds. CM 13 Google play movies play correctly.

Does anybody have any insight to this.
It's probably a glitch that carried over form CM, since it appears in both. Try an older version of Google play movies. Sometimes updates to apps cause problems. Otherwise, can't help sorry. Also, did you wipe first?

Reactions: nerdyshinobi

Kevinws42

Apr 25, 2015
Wentzville, MO
It's probably a glitch that carried over form CM, since it appears in both. Try an older version of Google play movies. Sometimes updates to apps cause problems. Otherwise, can't help sorry. Also, did you wipe first?

Thanks for the advice on the older version of movies. I will try that out. Monday or so my next day off.
Yes, I did do a wipe. System, Data, and both caches. I also tried a wipe that included internal storage. Same result.

I figured it was a carry over of some sort. I will revisit L 14.1 some time around the time when the Feb security updates are pushed.

Again thank you for your time in answering my question.

Reactions: BeeWall

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks for the advice on the older version of movies. I will try that out. Monday or so my next day off.
Yes, I did do a wipe. System, Data, and both caches. I also tried a wipe that included internal storage. Same result.

I figured it was a carry over of some sort. I will revisit L 14.1 some time around the time when the Feb security updates are pushed.

Again thank you for your time in answering my question.

Since Lineage is based on CM, security patches probably won't do much if it is a CM glitch. Someone would have to figure out the bug and patch it.

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
I have a tablet stuck on fastboot menu. Any way to fix this? Thanks

Download TWRP 2.8.7, move it to the ADB directory, type "fastboot flash [name of img].img", then, on a success message, "fastboot reboot recovery". Then, download one of the ROMs available for this devices, move it to ADB directory, then type "adb push [name of zip].zip /emmc". Wait, and then when that is done, on the tablet, hit Wipe. Then, manual select (forget the button). Check data, cache, dalvik cache, and system. Then go to the main menu, and hit the install button. From there, navigate to /emmc, and select the zip you pushed. Then wait for completion, and reboot.

Reactions: MrJelly17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery for V410

Here a copy of TWRP 2.8.1.0 for the V410 built by me.

To install, unzip and install it to your tablet either via dd or fastboot to the recovery partition.

Please also say thank you to @savoca for the kernel touch hack that makes TWRP touch work on the V400 / V410 :)
    Progress!!!!!!

Wow it works with v410 ?, i stuck with the recovery now and team codefire hasn't replied my email yet, let's wait for it.

Progress!!!!!!

I managed to boot into CWM :) on my (LG G Pad 7.0) aka (LG v410) aka (e7lte) aka (e7lteatt). Yeap this tablet has more, than anything else.

I still have to fix the fstab making some parts are not mounting correctly ( ex: /sdcard wont mount. I have to manually mount the partition ).

Until I can fix I wont publish, I dont want people blaming me for their broken devices. :)

@bangprovn
    You where in the right path but your recovery image is missing dtb ( Device Tree Blob ) and it has the wrong fstab values. PM me to explain in detail what I did to make it work. Booting recovery from flashboot does not requieres img to be bumped, but if boot from device it still required to be bumped.

***People im still a noob at compiling android from source code, so don't expect any custom rom from me... making recovery work is one thing, compiling android complete is another thing. ***
    Not sure if anyone noticed but I posted the Stock ROM over in the Android Development section.

Also I'm working on a stock based ROM that is de-bloated, deodexed , zip aligned, rooted, etc.
    I have dumped aboot , abootb , boot and recovery.
    here it is.
    Dropbox[dot][com]/s/ski2gwx904bsiqh/Misc.7z?dl=0

Meanwhile , i was editing framework-res.apk and that has led to the pad being stuck at the at and t logo . Any ideas on how i can boot into stock recovery or adb the stock apk ? I am able to boot into download mode .
    Everything working TWRP - stand by...